Going back to NA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to NA

When I get home this summer I'm taking the old turbo off and going back to NA. I'm kinda sad, I'm gonna miss the power. Oh well. This is just me being depressed about me not being able to hear my BOV anymore. I loved that sound
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Why are you going back to NA?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah, why revert?

Comment

cause I'm bringing my car from GA to NY, and it will go back and forth about 6 times a year. So I'm dropping a new jdm f22b in, and keeping it NA for MAX reliability. The old jdm f22b will turn into my project engine that will be built for boost. In the mean time, I'm gonna be NA
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

get some 272's!!!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

if you want maximum reliability do some juice bro it always helps

Comment

yeah sparkle said it. The more juice the better.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
              Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
              Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

if you have a JDM f22b you can still go turbo..as long as you keep it within a safe PSI ...and you do regular maintenance and have proper thermal management ...i was reading a turbo only affects 10% of the life of your engine.. so lets say you have a life of 400,000 miles on your f22b ..then with a turbo application you will now have only ... 360,000 miles...which would probably take you several years to reach.....well probably have hybrid cars as mainstream by the time you actually reach the engine life.

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                  When I get home this summer I'm taking the old turbo off and going back to NA. I'm kinda sad, I'm gonna miss the power. Oh well. This is just me being depressed about me not being able to hear my BOV anymore. I loved that sound
                  definately words i thought i would never hear from you. Let me know when you come back so that I can ride in it one last time before you disassemble.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

If you build a high performance NA it will wear out faster than a turbo car. But sounds like your just gonna keep it stock with the basic bolt ons. Good luck with it man.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      If you build a high performance NA it will wear out faster than a turbo car.

Please back that up.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                      91 accord lx (5spd)
                      92 accord lx (5spd)
                      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                        if you have a JDM f22b you can still go turbo..as long as you keep it within a safe PSI ...and you do regular maintenance and have proper thermal management ...i was reading a turbo only affects 10% of the life of your engine.. so lets say you have a life of 400,000 miles on your f22b ..then with a turbo application you will now have only ... 360,000 miles...which would probably take you several years to reach.....well probably have hybrid cars as mainstream by the time you actually reach the engine life.
                        That's true, but I turbo'd my f22b when I didn't know as much as I do now, so my rings are about to be fried(THanks MRX for the heads up). Plus I will sell the dsm kit, make 1000, and that will help me build my other motor. And I have had reliability issues with the turbo, such as ecu problems(minor I know), melting a starter wire, and the piston rings about to go. So my safest bet is to go NA for a year, and then come back with a beast.

H23accord, we'll definitely have to get another little get together before It goes back to NA.
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                        X