JARHEAD! You're the MANNnnn !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JARHEAD! You're the MANNnnn !!!

Felipe ! Thanks so much for the hook up on the alternator ...

As some of you know .. I had this issue with the battery lite comin on (and off) on my CB7.
    Everything checked out fine .. and there were NO loose wires, and everything was tight!

This morning while driving to work .. the lite intermittently came and went .. however,
    when I stopped at this paticular stop sign, the stereo cut off when I hit the brakes!
    I also noticed that my headlites got dim at the same time .. take the foot off the brake ..
    bang .. the stereo came back on, and the lites went back to normal .. unfawkinreal!

I could also tell *when* the battery light came on, even if I wasnt looking at the dash
    because my idol would gain abot a 1g increase .. interesting!

I get almost in the parking lot to my parking stall, and the car is sputtering, spitting
    and the headlights are as dim as a dead flashlite .. (i turned the stereo OFF!)
    I'm like pleeeease God .. just get me to my stall!

I come back after work .. varooom .. starts right up! I'm amazed .. I figure I just might
    make it home .. and I'm thinkin .. woah .. wouldnt it be coolio if the alternator I got
    from Felipe .. is on my doorstep .. I get home .. and sure enuff .. there she is ...
    I didnt even open the box ..lol .. didnt even turn the CB7 off .. grabbed the box ..
    headed over to my mech .. had it done in an hour .. + both belts .. and guess what?

YIPPPIEEeee .. no fawkin physcedelic glaring annoying freakin red lite starin at me!

Made my day Felipe !!! Maaaade my day .. drinks on me man .. hahaha .. I love you man!

Now then .. the only *other* original piece on that motor .. is the dizzy ..
    Who wants to take bets on how long before *it* goes on me .. ?

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi
    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-28-2006, 07:34 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
    Felipe ! Thanks so much for the hook up on the alternator ...

As some of you know .. I had this issue with the battery lite comin on (and off) on my CB7.
    Everything checked out fine .. and there were NO loose wires, and everything was tight!

This morning while driving to work .. the lite intermittently came and went .. however,
    when I stopped at this paticular stop sign, the stereo cut off when I hit the brakes!
    I also noticed that my headlites got dim at the same time .. take the foot off the brake ..
    bang .. the stereo came back on, and the lites went back to normal .. unfawkinreal!

I could also tell *when* the battery light came on, even if I wasnt looking at the dash
    because my idol would gain abot a 1g increase .. interesting!

I get almost in the parking lot to my parking stall, and the car is sputtering, spitting
    and the headlights are as dim as a dead flashlite .. (i turned the stereo OFF!)
    I'm like pleeeease God .. just get me to my stall!

I come back after work .. varooom .. starts right up! I'm amazed .. I figure I just might
    make it home .. and I'm thinkin .. woah .. wouldnt it be coolio if the alternator I got
    from Felipe .. is on my doorstep .. I get home .. and sure enuff .. there she is ...
    I didnt even open the box ..lol .. didnt even turn the CB7 off .. grabbed the box ..
    headed over to my mech .. had it done in an hour .. + both belts .. and guess what?

YIPPPIEEeee .. no fawkin physcedelic glaring annoying freakin red lite starin at me!

Made my day Felipe !!! Maaaade my day .. drinks on me man .. hahaha .. I love you man!

Now then .. the only *other* original piece on that motor .. is the dizzy ..
    Who wants to take bets on how long before *it* goes on me .. ?

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi
    uuuuhhhhm yeah

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      uuuuhhhhm yeah

Glad you got the problem fixed... You guys heading up to NC in April?

edit: pretty sure my alternator is on its way out... lights flickering when I hit the brakes. I'll have to bring a spare to NC if it hasnt gone b4 that.

Comment

take your alternator off and replace the brushes, they are like 7 bucks! i just had to do it.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          take your alternator off and replace the brushes, they are like 7 bucks! i just had to do it.
          hmm.. guess i'll try that, you just get them from autozone... i cant find them listed under our cars, says "not available for the brushes and repair kit"?
          Last edited by aero; 02-28-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

hey man happy to help anytime bro. annyhting u need just email me or call me . i if i don't have i'll get it. we gotta get together sometime. might be getting a new ex wagon this weekend, i think you'll like it. later bro

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
              hey man happy to help anytime bro. annyhting u need just email me or call me .
              if i don't have i'll get it. we gotta get together sometime. might be getting a new ex wagon
              this weekend, i think you'll like it. later bro
              I KNOW I'll like it .. you're always gettin another one .. haha .. great Felipe !
              Still need that lil plastic piece for the front bumper .. (corner)
              You still in NY?
              Or have ya come *home* yet? Hope you and your son had a great time ..

Originally posted by aero

Glad you got the problem fixed... You guys heading up to NC in April?

edit: pretty sure my alternator is on its way out... lights flickering when I hit the brakes.
              I'll have to bring a spare to NC if it hasnt gone b4 that.
              Naw Brandon . I wont be makin the NC trip this year .. sheesh .. I was supposed to get over
              to your side (Punta Gorda) for a shoot with a model visiting .. that woulda been fun drivin back
              with my lights on, stereo blazin .. hahaha .. can you say *tow truck*?

Ya man .. that was the first sign for me .. lil smallll tiny dimming of the lights when I tapped the brakes .. There's your sign!

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              take your alternator off and replace the brushes, they are like 7 bucks!
              i just had to do it.
              Felipe gave me such a great deal on a NEW alty .. I simply couldnt resist! But you're right ..
              I'm sure thats all it was ..

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
                hey man happy to help anytime bro. annyhting u need just email me or call me . i if i don't have i'll get it. we gotta get together sometime. might be getting a new ex wagon this weekend, i think you'll like it. later bro
                ay how many amps is the alternator?

Comment

dude i so need and alternator
                  hook me up Jarhead

~Cole~

Comment

hey tommi contact me asap!!

Comment

Working...
                    X