No announcement yet.

first stupid thing i heard at Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously just stood there dumbfounded when i heard his say that. Haha, Made in Alabama. I wish I knew that then I could have told him that his car STILL had nothing to do with anything JDM.
    Originally posted by immeraufdemhund
    hey i work at advance too... what's your store number?
    09186 Daytona Beach, you?

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

Originally posted by skubydobdo
      I seriously just stood there dumbfounded when i heard his say that. Haha, Made in Alabama. I wish I knew that then I could have told him that his car STILL had nothing to do with anything JDM.

09186 Daytona Beach, you?

yep. MBUSA.com .. you can even go on a factory tour if you want, but you gotta be 18+..

Comment

Thats about as bad as when I worked at a tire shop and a "Ricky Racer" came in looking for Yokohama(sp) tires speed rated W. We told him we didn't normaly carry that high a rating, but could order them. I acked him why he needed such a high speed rating (since his car was bone stock, other then the ghey ass spoiler and the uni-wipper )He told me he was having "NAWS" installed later that afternoon and wanted tires that would handle the boost.

I had to walk back out into the shop to keep from laughing in his face.

He never came back.
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well since you work in auto parts industries and places along those lines such as shops also you will hear "smart" people like that all day. When i help out at my friends shop there are a couple of people like that every now and then.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
            so how do people of this level of idiocy aqcuire the funds to get a benzino? there's way too many fools with way too much money these days.
            kinda obvious whatever proficiencies that got them a high-paying "position" dosen't pertain to any, even basic car knowledge. when u walk into the dealer a salesmen will figure out what models you want / what price range you're hovering in. Some people buy cars because the salesmen puts the right pitch on you (and if its the right pitch you won't even know it).. expensive ass cars included. this means clueless drivers sometimes drive something more pricey than a cavailer or hyundai...

still funny tho..
            working at best buy, i got some wierd questions. lots of people thought i was their "hookup" on how to burn dvds and video games. people are acually dumb enough to ask a best buy employee how to pirate games! ooh wtf people
            1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
              kinda obvious whatever proficiencies that got them a high-paying "position" dosen't pertain to any, even basic car knowledge. when u walk into the dealer a salesmen will figure out what models you want / what price range you're hovering in. Some people buy cars because the salesmen puts the right pitch on you (and if its the right pitch you won't even know it).. expensive ass cars included. this means clueless drivers sometimes drive something more pricey than a cavailer or hyundai...

still funny tho..
              working at best buy, i got some wierd questions. lots of people thought i was their "hookup" on how to burn dvds and video games. people are acually dumb enough to ask a best buy employee how to pirate games! ooh wtf people
              so how do you pirate video games?
              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

i actually have to stand up for advance today, because they helped me out a lot.

Story:

well i ended up driving 9 hrs yesterday, because i got lost coming back from RI to VT (was trying to attempt to find a shorter way, but ended up not). so i feel these slight vibrations and this banging from my right side front fender well. I just brush it off as my camber kit getting lose again, because its happened various occasions from the bolt not be tightened enough...it proceeds to get worse and worse until i come home and i'm just too worn out from driving, so i just brush it off until the next day. Well today, i opened my hood to find that the top bushings of the strut had come off (the rubber part), and the strut was kinda just banging against the top, cause it had no rubber to rub against. I was terrified, because i thought i had ruined the strut along with the top of the strut/spring that holds the two together. Well, i drive to autozone and i had the guy come out and look at it, and he said that i just needed a top bushing and the kit was only 13.99. However, in order to install the new bushings i had to undo the whole strut setup w/hand tools once again.

I opted to do it right at autozone, because i knew that i could grab other parts if i found that the strut was blown or something else. So, i started out taking out the strut and come to find that im missing a socket size out of my set, and a wrench (somewhere at travis's house), and i go in and ask the guy if i can borrow a socket (19mm) and a (1/2 wrench), and he gladly goes in the back and gets them and then comes out and proceeds to help me out with getting the strut out. I think find that i need a spring compressor to get the spring loose a little to put the top fitting back on and he goes in and gets the spring compressor and helps me compress the spring...about a half hour later i was done.

All in all i was helped my a guy at autozone who knew his stuff, and helped me out free of charge. He also wasn't just some bumkin at Advance, he had actually done his suspenssion on his VW golf and was currently working on his s10 with bags and rebuilt engine. He was very nice and helpful and without the tools he let me borrow, i would have been left in the dust.

All in all it just depends who you go to and where you are...there are some knowledgable individuals out there.

SparkNotes for those who can't read, and for those who are too lazy, lol.

-Strut top bushing broke
                -Took it to advance
                -Advance guy helped me out by giving me information and free tools, including use of compressor
                -Even helped me out on getting the strut out
                -Don't skip parts of suspension that could leave you out in the end.
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

No where near as bad as the people who come into my gas station asking how to gas up their car.

Comment

Originally posted by souldoubt
                    just wait, you'll here more ignorant shit working in a parts store than you'd ever imagine. people will argue w/ you about anything, especialy when it come to thier cars. stupid shit you can prove wrong. i've been at the auto parts game for 13 years this month, and peole never cease to amaze me.
                    How about the "Oh but my 1991 EX Didnt come with Rear Disc brakes. So the 92's didnt. Only the 93 SE."

ALL 92-93 EX's CAME WITH REAR DISC AND ABS.
                    NOT 'SOME' OR ONLY THE 93 SE.
                    ALL!!

Comment

Working...
                    X