New wreck and whip *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wreck and whip *pics*

Well, Monday of last week my wife got into an accident with our '95 Blazer. There had been another accident in the same spot a little while before she got there and we think that when she went to stop for the the light she slid on a piece of the debris (+ the fact that us New Jersey people had just dug out of a little bit of snow and ice). She hit a Honda, too (a CR-V). Body shop estimate is $4000+, and with no more U-Pull-It around here, I don't know if I could get the parts to do it myself for a reasonable price. Here's some pics:

Kinda hard to see, but it looks to be leaning a little to the drivers side. I like that truck, too. Was real good for off-roading
    On to Monday of this week, and we find a very nice 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, with 11,000 less miles than the average for its year, and $1500 less than the KBB retail value (before the financing and the 3 year warranty that we got on it). Its incredibly confortable, really smooth ride, very clean, and has some nifty little features (and a straight-six engine). Too bad it only came with one key and remote, and the local Chrysler dealership quoted near $200 for spares of both. Pics:

Now we just have to make payments on it and pay for full-coverage insurance for the next 48 months!
    Last edited by sandman61377; 09-08-2007, 10:11 AM.

nice, jeeps are good suv's too bad about that blazer tho i like those things

Comment

looks good, but I dont see why you couldnt just slap a hood on the blazer. But I guess it was a good reason to upgrade. I am guessing the Jeep will be a little more happy in the mud than the blazer, so cover it with mud, and post back pics.

Comment

Hey, if you plan on getting rid of the blazer, let me know. I would be interested in a few parts off it.

Comment

Where's the keys to my jeep? BEEP!
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The tree looks like there is some kind of monster/dinosaur in the reflection of the window on this one, lol.

RIP:
            1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
            1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
            Currently daily:
            1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

jeeps are good depending on the miledge, i've seen jeeps come into midas and other such places at like 110k or about that and have more problems then a cb7 at 170k. good luck with the new whip
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Oh, did I forget to mention that the CR-V she hit didn't look like it had any damage done to it?

Comment

Hondas hold up... DiD u SaY.....MonSteR's...AAAAHHHHH!!!!!
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

get ready to open the wallet. jeeps like to FEEEEEEEEEED.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                      get ready to open the wallet. jeeps like to FEEEEEEEEEED.
                      Feed? What are you talking about? Gas? Gets about the same gas mileage as our Blazer.

Comment

yeah jeeps and blazers both suck about the same on Gas Mileage lol. Nice purchase though! I have an 87 Jeep Cherokee that I rock in the winter with almost 300k on it.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Afterward 91
                          nice, jeeps are good suv's too bad about that blazer tho i like those things
                          $4000 for that little bit? just leave the back like it is, and get a new grill, and lights, fenders and hood for like less than $1000
                          and do it urself..you can buy parts over the internet

Comment

Yup, four grand for a body shop to do it. That's replacing the hood, left fender, front bumper, grill, radiator, radiator support, hood latch, and left headlight. You know how it is with body shops, anything in the area of the accident damage that has a tiny scratch on it has to be replaced. The back picture was just in there to show that it leans towards the drivers side, but you can't see it in the pic. In person the lean is easily noticable, so something's gotta be wrong with the suspension on that side. There is another problem that with it though; since the accident, if you have it running and you've got anything coming through the vents (heat, outside air, whatever), you'll get a headache fairly quick, which means that there's an exhaust leak coming through.

Comment

That sucks about the crash.
                              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Working...
                              X