Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Residents of MA and neighboring states.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Residents of MA and neighboring states.

Massachusetts bill to ban the sale of aftermarket exhaust systems on the move.

After being stalled by SEMA in 2005, a bill (H.B. 2011) to ban the sale or installation of “an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust” was approved by the Massachusetts Joint Transportation Committee. As you might recall, the bill had been revised from previous versions to exclude limited-use “antique motor cars.”

This amendment represents a clear attempt by the bill’s sponsor to divide the automobile hobby in an effort to gain clearer sailing for this restrictive and damaging piece of legislation. H.B. 2011 has now been referred to the House Steering, Policy and Scheduling Committee. More information available atSemasan.com . For details, contact Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

so does this mean that cars even passing through the state can get ticketed? because thast bullshit. I mean its bullshit no matter what . . . but what grounds do they have on out of state vehicles? and on what grounds are the making this illegal? the " we dont have any other shit to do and this sounds like a good idea" grounds?
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

bad bad bad bad bad bad...

on another note, i'm not sure how Wayne gets pulled over so much for his exhaust, because i have his old axle back and modified 2.5 exhaust midpipe, and i don't even get a flash from a copper.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
        bad bad bad bad bad bad...

on another note, i'm not sure how Wayne gets pulled over so much for his exhaust, because i have his old axle back and modified 2.5 exhaust midpipe, and i don't even get a flash from a copper.
        you know how loud mine is. well, never gotten pulled over for it . . . im pretty sure hes a retard behind the wheel and thats just what the cop tickets him for.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Eh, w/e.

Unless cops want to yell at me for the size of my tip I'm not really worried. As long as I don't get on it, my car's as quiet as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Eh, w/e.

Unless cops want to yell at me for the size of my tip I'm not really worried. As long as I don't get on it, my car's as quiet as can be.
            yup 100% true, plus they gotta catch you first
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              yup 100% true, plus they gotta catch you first
              Because decade and a half family cars can outrun police issue Crown Victorias driven by cops trained for high speed chases..yes..
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                Because decade and a half family cars can outrun police issue Crown Victorias driven by cops trained for high speed chases..yes..
                ROFL!~!!!!

Comment

yeah this is old news.
                  1993 Honda Accord - Dedicated cb7tuner

Comment

mass is just retarded.....man i gott get outta this state. "Massachusetts, if it's fun...it's probably illegal."

Comment

MA is gizay move while u can peopel!

Members Ride Thread

Comment

i travel to mass on my way home from school and when i'm home and need to pick up beer past 9 oclock....they better not try to pull something *** because i live in CT.

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                          o yeah my automatic 4 speed 145 hp beast is ready ROFL jp man i dont run from the cops when they are near, and i dont ever plan on messing with them
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

this is getting rediculous, Massachusetts is becoming the next California. i cant wait to move

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Im not quite ready to leave just yet :-)

http://norml.com/index.cfm?Group_ID=6820
                              JustBlaze

Comment

Working...
                              X