X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil viscosity?

what viscosity of oil do you use in your cb? i use 20-w50

10w30...

can i ask why you use 20w50? are you really burning/leaking that much?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
      10w30...

can i ask why you use 20w50? are you really burning/leaking that much?
      nah, not really, i mean, its a honda, it leaks, but i just use it cuz that's what dad uses...easier...and down here in florida, we dont really need the same weight as you do up north..warmer weather and all...

Comment

20w 50 not good man hella slugish...i think that will do damage in the long run... 10w40 or 5w30.
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

5w 30. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
            what viscosity of oil do you use in your cb? i use 20-w50
            15w-50 full synth mobil 1 ..i find the thicker oil is better for my car down here in florida..and found the top acceleration is good once that oil heats up...that thin stuff down here in florida just doesnt cut it imo..

Comment

Id recommend using factory recommendation 10w30 down south or 5w30 in some areas.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea dude, u dont need no 20 w50 ur bound to hurt ur shit... first thing i ever learned about a car is to use the oil honda sez to use

Comment

I use 10w30 usually. but sometimes ill go to 5w30. i dunno, depends on my mood I guess . . .
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

10w30

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I live in AZ its just like Florida for the most part, 10w30 all the way.

Comment

5W30...castrol gtx high mileage...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

10W40 because it was the only case i could find.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

This is what i know about oil. The first number is the how "liquidy" the oil is when it is cold. Think trying to move a very thick substance when its cold, not that easy. The last number is how thick th eoil gets when warm. When your enigine is warm you don twant your oil to loose because then it wont stay in the area for proper lubircation. Im going by memory on this one, htere is a website on this stuff so i guess you search for it on here somewhere
                            www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                              This is what i know about oil. The first number is the how "liquidy" the oil is when it is cold. Think trying to move a very thick substance when its cold, not that easy. The last number is how thick th eoil gets when warm. When your enigine is warm you don twant your oil to loose because then it wont stay in the area for proper lubircation. Im going by memory on this one, htere is a website on this stuff so i guess you search for it on here somewhere
                              the "liquidy" term your describing refers to the oils viscosity...which is defined as oils resistance to flowing....the 1st number is how the oil acts when the temperature is @ freezing or below..usually there is a W after this number and it stands for winter..and the 2nd number is how it acts when the engine has warmed the oil up

Comment

Working...
                              X