No announcement yet.

Acclipse's JDM Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy CRAP! Thats crazy. I am sorry for your loss El. Good work on kicking the insurance company's ass. I think this is one of the reasons why my CB7 won't do daily duty. I do not have all the reciepts for my stuff, so i would lose big time.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      Holy CRAP! Thats crazy. I am sorry for your loss El. Good work on kicking the insurance company's ass. I think this is one of the reasons why my CB7 won't do daily duty. I do not have all the reciepts for my stuff, so i would lose big time.
      if you've used paypal, you can print a record of your transaction from there. i didn't really kick the insurance company's ass- we basically met in the middle. now i'm parting out, reasonably, my car to get back what i put into it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        if you've used paypal, you can print a record of your transaction from there. i didn't really kick the insurance company's ass- we basically met in the middle. now i'm parting out, reasonably, my car to get back what i put into it.
        Hmmn, excellent idea. I used paypal each time! Wow, thats a crazy story!

On a sidenote...you are physican in a hospital, while I am a pharmacist in a hospital...
        Last edited by KillerCam282; 02-17-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          ^ i guess your not gona have a jdm h22a, cause its heavyer and its shiny.. o wells more for us.
          1) Engines are not shiny unless you make them that way, like TypeG did, and 2)the added horsepower negates the small amount of added weight. I guess I should have clarified that that did not apply to performance mods, since that really isnt the subject of the convo.

Originally posted by wed3k
          a bumper pole adds weight...so do jdm fogs and sidemamrkers?
          Note that I said "in most cases". A lot of times you are replacing something USDM with something JDM.
          Josh G.

Power Sunroof-equipped LXs #1

www.myspace.com/inkyturbo
          www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36221

MEMBER OF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CB7TUNERS!

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
            lol everything funtional. You said you bought them for funtion but you did not. You bought them for how they look.
            how they look can be a major factor in that decision, you can get functional stuff that looks good too...you dont have to purchase something just for its function for it to be functional...he just wants stuff that looks good, but isnt blatantly rice..

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
              how they look can be a major factor in that decision, you can get functional stuff that looks good too...you dont have to purchase something just for its function for it to be functional...he just wants stuff that looks good, but isnt blatantly rice..
              Yeah I have no problem with people buying stuff because it looks good. But he just said everything jdm he has he bought for its function. And that is not true

Comment

hey mondojakal.....is your sig pick pulsating? or are my eyes really messed? feel free to toy with me and tell me that there's nothing going on with it.

it's hard to argue that anything jdm is NOT functional...because it is in fact OEM....so it was obviously something of function in a JDM car, and was not just for looks. although where you draw the line between being affordably functional and insane pricing is up the the buyer's willing to spend. but pretty much anything jdm has a function...with exception to things like...an accord coupe badge, that's just different, and some other things, but even a bumper pole is functional.

on bumper poles...i find it ironic that the japanese would need such a feature, as they are such refined, civilized and good drivers. it would have made much more sense to have in north america where people don't drive as well (i've never heard of an american F1 driver that succeeded)....and especially for women who often have no ideas of the dimensions of their car....i see them all the time, making like 6 point turns to back out of a spot, reverse turn go, reverse turn go...when they could have got it out in one maybe 2 shots max....because they had 6 feet of room behind them, but they think it's like 4 inches...that's when a bumper pole and reverse beep sensors come in handy...japanese don't need it even if they have tight spots, they're better people that we are!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove

it's hard to argue that anything jdm is NOT functional...
                  Not a hard concept to understand headlights with a RHD beam pattern on a "LHD road"=not "functional". Not hard to argue that one

Comment

yeah i knew you were gonna say that, but i was too lazy to edit it in....although if you're looking for weight savings in every area of the car possible...they are lighter...but that's really pushing it to be functional i know.

but you people make it sound like these rhd light beam patterns are like fucking 90 degrees to the left of your path. i doubt it's all that noticeable or that it poses any real threat. i bet they are just as functional as usdms. ain't nobody dying.

speaking of which....aren't there 1 pieces from europe that may have been LHD and thus be fully functional?

Comment

yeah i knew you were gonna say that, but i was too lazy to edit it in....although if you're looking for weight savings in every area of the car possible...they are lighter...but that's really pushing it to be functional i know.

but you people make it sound like these rhd light beam patterns are like fucking 90 degrees to the left of your path. i doubt it's all that noticeable or that it poses any real threat. i bet they are just as functional as usdms. ain't nobody dying.

speaking of which....aren't there 1 pieces from europe that may have been LHD and thus be fully functional?
                      Its not 90% but its noticable and shows no respect for other drivers... Sorry but they are my number JDM hate.

Comment

it's just that they's bloody clean is all. i would prolly get em if i felt like doing any wiring and having to redo all that black housing bullshit again. i'm happy with my lights, just those nipples suck, but oh well.

but yah...are there EDM LHD one pieces or were one pieces only in japan and surrounding countries?

Comment

it's just that they's bloody clean is all. i would prolly get em if i felt like doing any wiring and having to redo all that black housing bullshit again. i'm happy with my lights, just those nipples suck, but oh well.

but yah...are there EDM LHD one pieces or were one pieces only in japan and surrounding countries?
                          They do look nice though

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
                            Its not 90% but its noticable and shows no respect for other drivers... Sorry but they are my number JDM hate.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6041

they're adjustable, still have a little bit of flare to the left... with that said, i was never once flashed by a car, nor was i ever approached by a police officer about it.

btw, hate's a rather strong word. but if you truly hate it, then i wonder why you have so much emotion put into it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6041

they're adjustable, still have a little bit of flare to the left... with that said, i was never once flashed by a car, nor was i ever approached by a police officer about it.

btw, hate's a rather strong word. but if you truly hate it, then i wonder why you have so much emotion put into it.
                              lol I dont I would like them if they were to US beam specs. I would probably pick up a pair. I just also dont like the attitudes towards them. I dont know how many times I have seen someone with them flame on someone with a hid kit with out a retro. Its just hypocritical
                              Last edited by turboaccordlx; 02-18-2006, 03:00 AM.

Comment

yeah i was about to mention the hid kit thing too. i run one, i aimed my lights lower. never had any problems since, no flashing or dirty looks, so i'm fine with it. i think most of the ones that were knocking on kits and who had JDM's also had a retrofit to back it....flypinricist i think was one of the main avocates against plug in play kits. i can't argue him though cause he put a lot of time in and retrofitted...i know i took an easy way out and that's fine....i still do see tons better with my kit over my lil wimpy candlesticks that we all love.

Comment

Working...
                                X