No announcement yet.

Acclipse's JDM Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, dont start me on the one peice prices. Do they look nice...yes. Some people want 230 dollars for used stock japan lights.... . I mean no one goes nuts for "USDM" parts in japan. The only person I have seen that wanted anything USDM was UK-Accord...and that was a license plate.

Glory Edit: USED STOCK USED Headlights vs, brand new clean new ones....(yes i typed it twice to drive the point home)

And people buy the shit. Thats my point. Let me give you a convo I had with a ricer friend who came by my house the other day. He owns a Gray 93 hatchback thats "JDM'ed".

Ricer> So this is my new project. So far I have the spoon rims, jdm spoiler, jdm taillights, jdm cluster, jdm clock, jdm climate control and PFM's

Me> How much money did you spend on that?

Ricer> About 2gs.

Me> ...But why...I cant tell the difference between the tails, and those rims have "nippon racing" cap in them. The climate control just has different color lights in them but looks exactly the same...

Ricer> Yeah but its JDM, people kill for these parts. Oh yeah I just installed a JDM P28.

Me> Whats the difference between that and the P28 you had?

Ricer> Its got some jap writing on it and makes the Vtec pop harder...listen

Revs car, Popping noises due to incorrect ignition timing

Me> Hmmn, should get the timing fixed.

Ricer> Naw thats the way it is...

Me> ::fucking ricers::
    Last edited by KillerCam282; 02-17-2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

PFMs are cool but umm...our cars are LHD vs their RHD...so yeah I am willing to pay 300 bucks to have USED PFMs...hell why not drive with them folded in! They can't help as much as the OEM's.

"Objects are closer than they appear" on my driver side...sweet. I need to drive with a broken neck in 2 directions. My passanger mirror is gonna be a bit too true, so it makes it useless. Someone came up with the idea to retro fit the JDM assembly into their stock mirrors...which made it better. However, people say this is a 15 year old car, now we are getting 15 year old powered parts for them...hmmn. Yes, it makes so much sense

JDM fogs...not bad since got suckered by Honda of America. Hmmn, I am not willing to pay about 120 bucks for used fog lights.

Oh the almighty JDM bumper pole. It lets you know where your bumper is! Just incase you weren't sure and didn't want to have a "Jackass blind driver moment". I wonder how much that goes for...I bet its like 50 bucks...
      Last edited by KillerCam282; 02-17-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The only thing I have that is JDM is the fogs I just bought. Frankly, I didn't care if they were USDM or JDM. It just seems easier to find JDM fogs than USDM. I do like the fact that the JDM lights have the curve in them and fit more flush with the bumper. Yeah it sucks I had to pay a grip for them, but what can you do when they both versions are so rare? Plus living where I live they are very practical as we get socked in with tons of fog.

I once wanted the one piece head lights, but I recently gave that idea up. I decided blackhoused USDM lights would be better for me. And let me say that I've always hated sidemarker lights. Never understood why people love those.
        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

its the same with nissan too... JDM Primera Tail lights? $500 smackeroos. eff that shizzle. JDM Primera front bumper (which i really do like a lot more than the USDM one) $350 bucks, and if you want the side and rear skirts, plan on paying well over $1000 for it all. for factory parts! its rediculous.

luckily with nissan the JDM motors are uber cheap... im getting my sr20 DET for $1400 shipped, with intercooler, ECU, piping, practicly a whole front clip

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Now see, a JDM motor makes sense. Reason being, the USDM counterparts are all watered down. Not to mention, anyone who has a fresh USDM will also demand your first born child as well as a pretty lump of change.

Comment

LMFAO JDM is the new body kit, that's so true. You could sell some poor knowledgeless kid a JDM dildo and buttplug and he would put it on the hood of his car with pride

Comment

JDM M2A4 JDM non LSD H22 tranny...since its non lsd they will settle for just ripping you off and not taking any of your kids.

Comment

LOL!!!
                  im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                  93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                  90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                  92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Actually...

The JDM trend is winding down if it hasn't already... meaning that everybody wnats it and it's readily available to the point where copanies are knocking off factory JDM parts... so that's when the original trendsetters start disliking it.. meaning it's played out...

IMO.. Anti-JDM is the new trend... think about it...
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by souldoubt
                      i wonder if it's like this in japan? "wahh-chaa-cha-chaaa, it's usdm"
                      doing left hand drive conversions. 2 pc headlights. no side markers.
                      I always wondered that too. Just because I wanted to trade with dudes over there for USDM parts, that way we would each stand out.

JDM is a waste of money though, in my opinion. Some stuff is pretty sick like the engines, powerfold mirrors, etc. People buy JDM stuff just to say its JDM. Like they'll buy some ugly ass rims just to say they're JDMed out etc. That shit was probably bought out of a junk yard for 1/4 of what you're paying for it. The rest of the money is going into some guys wallet.

Comment

you either like something or you don't. it shouldn't be any more complicated. it shouldn't really matter if it's jdm, usdm, pdm (phillipines), edm/ukdm, self made/home made, or custom fabbed.

as long as you like it, then who gives a fuck if anyone else does?!?!?!? you owe no explanations, you owe no apologies. if you can afford it, then you can afford it. if you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. doesn't matter who made it, or where it came from. again, as long as you like it...

if people would stop getting wrapped up in what other people think/say about their cars, and just do it for their own self satisfaction/gratification, we'd all be better off for it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I'm Anti-jdm I'm officially JDM Style, I call it EDM Ebay Domestic Market.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                            you either like something or you don't. it shouldn't be any more complicated. it shouldn't really matter if it's jdm, usdm, pdm (phillipines), edm/ukdm, self made/home made, or custom fabbed.

as long as you like it, then who gives a fuck if anyone else does?!?!?!? you owe no explanations, you owe no apologies. if you can afford it, then you can afford it. if you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. doesn't matter who made it, or where it came from. again, as long as you like it...

if people would stop getting wrapped up in what other people think/say about their cars, and just do it for their own self satisfaction/gratification, we'd all be better off for it.
                            Why are you always so flippin on point???

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The dead reason most people modify their cars is because they want it to "look good" to themselves and the public eye. Its incredibly rare to find someone who did their mods because they like it. This is how a trend or fad starts in the first place. Which is also the reason why I am ranting about it. Its is known that anything thats in style or hot at any given point will have inflated cost. For example, Lacoste shirts were hot about a year ago. I had a quite a few shirts from long before that only cost me around 30 bucks each. I went into a Macy's and saw the same style shirts going for 80 bucks.

Same thing happens with the JDM craze. I really do not think it has anything to do with affording it. Why the hell would you buy used parts from a car you have never seen? Better yet, JDM engines coming with "30-40 thousand miles". If the average American got a new car and knew after 3 years their engine would have to be removed, think they would maintain it?

Comment

the only reason i have jdm parts is cause, well i was doing it in memory of scott when he was leaving us. but now he is back!!!!!!!!!!

im gona start the next thread, ferrari rant/..........
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X