Acclipse's JDM Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acclipse's JDM Rant

Yes, another one of these rants. The term "JDM" grossly inflates the price of anything. I was on ebay looking for crap to convert one of my co-workers CD5 to manual shift. I found 2 ecus. A P0A for 40 bucks, and a JDM P0A for 200...oddly enough, they control the same engine, both were STOCK. Next was the tranny, 700 for a "JDM" unit, and 150 for a USDM unit. Here is where it got better, both had 40k on it!!!!!!!! Anything with the letters "JDM" makes it of holy grail and you must sacrafice your only child to obtain it. I just saw a USED TCM for 175 off a Prelude, while i was typing this rant.

And this is what kills me. The USED shit goes for prices that compete with real upgrades. A M2B4 tranny's price competes with the far superior Gear Speed trannies.

Disclaimer: If you are a JDM fanatic, do not get offended. I am shedding light to something I believe has gotten way out of control. So really it works out to your benefit. Hell I may get the prices to drop if I keep ranting.
    Last edited by KillerCam282; 02-17-2006, 12:31 PM.

Pretty sweet market, huh?

The thing is that JDM has become the new "body kit" if you will. Thus the less educated car buffs think that's the ultimate and only thing to have. You have too many people with too much money to burn, and not enough education.

Thus they will pay anything because its JDM, and for that reason only.

Gouge away my friend...gouge away.

Comment

i only get jdm stuff that actually doesn't have an equivalent...and is more aesthetic, like one piece lights are nice, and intersection lights, and PFM's....but that shit wtih the trannies and ECU's is dumb.

Comment

I lol at cars with intersection lights, fogs, bumper lights, side markers and a bumper pole all together. That is not clean what are you trying to do with all those light

Comment

authentic jdm stuff is going to be expensive, its not easy to come by and like someone else said the items that are unique are worth it like the headlights/foglights/etc

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
            I lol at cars with intersection lights, fogs, bumper lights, side markers and a bumper pole all together. That is not clean what are you trying to do with all those light
            LOL same thing i said.
            The thing looks like a damn Christmas tree.....

But yeah thats not my style.
            It probably appeals to others tho...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
              LOL same thing i said.
              The thing looks like a damn Christmas tree.....

But yeah thats not my style.
              It probably appeals to others tho...
              ive had terrible luck with the tires that were on the lude rims rich...one blew out in sept and i had to patch one today! never had to patch or replace tires before

Comment

Originally posted by blkhonda1991
                ive had terrible luck with the tires that were on the lude rims rich...one blew out in sept and i had to patch one today! never had to patch or replace tires before
                We could've switched right before i sold my car

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                  We could've switched right before i sold my car
                  its cool, just a rash of bad luck

Comment

JDM is the new rice like soysauce said and im not disagreeing with him at all on that.

Comment

well put sparkle --> Soy
                      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                        the only jdm parts i have are my headlights, sidemarkers, mirrors, and my armrest, only going for functional parts, but i still look for stuff that would look sweet
                        Im sorry but your factory headlights are more functional then jdm ones

Comment

never said they werent, but my factory lights werent one piece were they
                          that not funtion then

Comment

they still function, they output light and light up the road quite well, not quite as well as oem, but they work, therefore functional
                            lol everything funtional. You said you bought them for funtion but you did not. You bought them for how they look.

Comment

JDM headlights don't function any better than OEM...if anything they're worse...the OEMs have a slight "flare" to the right; it's not visible like the JDMs but it's definitely there. They cost about the same as brand new OEM lights though, so it's no biggie.

I agree with the overpriced thing though...but hell if I had something JDM, and some idiot was willing to pay 5x the price for a JDM trunk mat then more power to me. This is the land of the almighty dollar...knowledge is power...use it!

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X