so why does everyone give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k
    ever thought you are too big for this world?
    thats why asians rule...cant beat the 5'eightness
    LOL, but I'm only 5' 10"...my brother and most of my friends are about 6' though. Bah...the CB was clearly designed for the Japanese. I took a road trip with 4 other people and their luggage when I was BONE STOCK, and we made it work, but I'd never do it again.

And again, my car was pretty clean/quiet when I got it...but the lowering+NYC streets KILLED it. I'm praying my next car doesn't do the same thing.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
      Just got tired of dumping money into an old car. The CB is a perfectly serviceable platform with excellent manners and great build quality but like others have said the rattles and noises were just getting to be too annoying. Honestly, it was starting to seem like a bit of a tin can.

Anyway, [my] new car = quiet, faster and better handling stock than my modded CB.
      Edited to better suit my situation
      '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT
      10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

rust...nough said. mass sucks in the winter so i got a rust free car.

Comment

When I thought I was gonna have to give up on my '90, I still wanted a CB7. I decided if I had to give up on my '90 LX, I'd get a '92 or '93 sedan. I just love the way these cars look.

Comment

Every day I think something differently.. one day I'll think that I'm tired of the CB and I want to get a newer/faster car.. but then the next I realise how its nice and spacious, fairly reliable, and looks really sexy..
            1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

haha that's funny i'm doin the opposite. i can't win with my civic on the road, so now i wanna buy a cb7.

ps by winning i don't mean a race but with lil wrecks and the police.

Comment

I thought about getting rid of mine, many times.

Then it was almost taken from me and I started to look around at other cars. I can 't replace it for what I can get for it and I can't find anything that fits as well.

It is just the perfect car for me.

P.S. I am not a subscriber to the Civic owns all formula either. I like them, shit there are 3 96-2000 in my family and a 1992 hatch. They can be fast sure, maybe faster than an Accord, but you can dial the Accord back and it is much quieter, smoother and still has the clean good looks. For instance, I happen to know an auto cam H22 CB that destroyed a GSR with equal bolt ons. When you consider the cost of the GSR, the swapped CB was cheaper. It isn't built, and it is the weakest H22 available for consumption.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  I thought about getting rid of mine, many times.

Then it was almost taken from me and I started to look around at other cars. I can 't replace it for what I can get for it and I can't find anything that fits as well.

It is just the perfect car for me.

P.S. I am not a subscriber to the Civic owns all formula either. I like them, shit there are 3 96-2000 in my family and a 1992 hatch. They can be fast sure, maybe faster than an Accord, but you can dial the Accord back and it is much quieter, smoother and still has the clean good looks. For instance, I happen to know an auto cam H22 CB that destroyed a GSR with equal bolt ons. When you consider the cost of the GSR, the swapped CB was cheaper. It isn't built, and it is the weakest H22 available for consumption.
                  Very true and the thing i like about them is when you come across another person who doesnt know much about a cb7 and when you explain it to them they are like shit this person dedicated their whole life and time to this car .

Then they come to you mostly for help or shit that they dont know but when your around people who know its value or knows how to do shit and you do too its a good thing thats why i never get tired of it. I like this car more than my civic in the works i sat in one and i relized that the civic jsut isnt for me ive gotten so used to my cb7 its more comfortable.

Comment

/\ Cool thing about cars... no matter how much you know someone out there knows more. As long as you have a good attitude and an open ear, you can fit in the car crowd.

Comment

its easier to move on then to try and rebuild.. rebuilding my peice is making me go broke and i love it!..and why i dont move on. because i havent seen a cleaner CB7 in my general area yet :-p..and i can say ive had it as long as i have :-p

^sold

Comment

There were plenty of times I thought of selling my CB7. For what tho? I would never get what I put into it. If I ever do sell mine, I would have to sell it in stock form. After stripping this down and fixxing everything I could find wrong with it, I can say that I intend on keeping mine for quite a while.

I might actually be getting another one for DD. I will keep it N/A and do mild mods to it. 125hp really isn't anything to brag about these days, so I will have to beef it up some.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                          I might actually be getting another one for DD. I will keep it N/A and do mild mods to it. 125hp really isn't anything to brag about these days, so I will have to beef it up some.
                          I have the same thoughts. Except I think I might get a cd. I've never considered selling my cb7 nor do I think I ever will. The thing I love the most about it is, you pull up to a newer var, beat'em, and they see the turbo ,and ask why would you do that to your car? My only reply is, you spent how much on your car, and my 14yr old car beat it
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                            I have the same thoughts. Except I think I might get a cd. I've never considered selling my cb7 nor do I think I ever will. The thing I love the most about it is, you pull up to a newer var, beat'em, and they see the turbo ,and ask why would you do that to your car? My only reply is, you spent how much on your car, and my 14yr old car beat it
                            ...but at the end of the day, it's still a 14 year old car. If it works, it works...but when the problems pile up it's not worth it.

*readies 'For Sale' sign*

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thats crazy though if you do sell how much because i wouldnt so many little problems is seen with your car that are so minor its not even funny. You jsut need to stop letting problems pile up and take the time to put time into the car instead of eyein up the female in my sig hypnotized are we hmmm .

Comment

if i ever leave my CB7, it's back to where i started...nissan...granted, i don't think i'll find a 76 fairlady z...B13 sentra maybe...but not likely happen anytime soon.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X