No announcement yet.

so why does everyone give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL how ironic is this thread 2 years later? DHn has a picture of his civic hatch back in his sig. hahahaha.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
      LOL how ironic is this thread 2 years later? DHn has a picture of his civic hatch back in his sig. hahahaha.
      X2, hypocrite
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

My car is perfect. runs perfect, body is in excellent shape. Only reason to get out is to find a 4dr.

Comment

I have been thinkin about gettin rid of my car sooner or later. Whether it be a part out or sell as a whole. Main thing that kinda made me steer away from it is that it has been in an accident because of some dumbass driver rear ending me and its just not so pristine anymore. Yes it is a 5 speed ex but I dunno. I want to get an 03 or 04 Acura TL 6 speed now. I dunno I am tired of this inspection crap and stuff I have to do for the motor its too much work and money wasted.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hell yeah there's things that need replacing on my car and sometimes i wish I had a new car but mostly I just wish my cb was brand new. I love it. Right now i don't have money to buy anything for my car but whenever i get a hold of some cash it goes mostly to the car because my parents don't put any money in to it so I have to be the one to make sure it's running well. I just keep hoping I find a good enough job that will allow me to put as much money as I want in to my car. I mean I get copletely pissed off whith every new scratch or knick I find on the inside or out...I mean I don't know what else to call that except love.

~~~sincerely, cheeseball

Comment

i havent given up on my build or anything, but ive had to put around $800 in routine maintenance stuff here in the past 2 months which is obviously taken money away from purchasing stuff for my build. hopefully i also get my promotion at work soon so i can start buying the stuff for my build quicker. i still need to get my front motor mount insert in which will prolly go in tonite and i need to replace my front swaybar endlinks as well which will be done in the next few weeks.

My Members Ride Thread
              Originally posted by deevergote
              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Holy fuck I have been here for a long time.

I didnt give up. I moved on

Comment

i wanted to do a bb6 prelude cluster swap, 5 lug swap, h22 swap so i ended up buying a prelude

plus i already built 2 accords i think it was about time to move on to another car.

on top of that as pretty as my previous cb was, there was many electrical problems and plenty of rubbers that had to be fixed. i was over it.

if i was going to invest a couple thousand more to fix a car i might as well just buy a newer car

plus its hard to steal a bb6 with out its key

Comment

I'm about to give up soon. CB7's my first car and I love it. The problem is, it's an older car. I just don't have the funds, nor the time to build it up, let alone fix whatever's wrong with it. Now the CB is just piling up with problems and it's getting on my last nerves and my parents are on my crotch about it so yeah.

Comment

Honestly ive had both ive had a mustang before then i went to honda. Then i brought another honda and another and another.

Souped them both up drove them,swapped them turboed them both out. Then I was gettin more money so i saved up and moved up to something more my liking.

I drive my srt4 with my modifications on it because i dont really like to much interface with shops that deal with the public. Because when someone knows your car is fast people get jealous. So i decided to have something that makes me money back.

I got a crew out here that talks shit all day but are afraid to run me for money i just laugh. I dont deal with shops much unless im going to one particular person for a dyno session.

And when they rub their hands together like i need tuning i tune it myself I got 2 set tunes with my car tuned perfectly without a use of a laptop or getting charged out the ass . All along with reliability kept in mind im at the top of my game so i got no issues.

I dont know anyone for keeping their car or throwing money at it thats them. I just love it when people doubt what I have but refuse to come out and play or cower in the corner when they see my intercooler comon people its just a car its not like im going to rape you......much lol.

Nah seriously though i got out of it i was tired of the bad name that hondas have gotten. I went into a different car because it was for me it was what i wanted reliable,fast,and pretty decent for the price. I still do give props to my people who are still in the game. I prefer to be the underdog I can pop the hood and youd swear its stock thats a good feeling.

Comment

I like my cb7 but theres nothing really good for modding on theses things yea theres the h22 swap but how many of us can afford that swap 2/10 people,

the cb7 seems like it dosent respond well with mods you give the same mods to a civic or teg you get a much more better response in power and torqe,

cb7 are still nice i wouldent mind getting one now but not as a car that i would like to invest alot of monie into it but more like a beater

you cant get your bang for your bucks anymore with these cars

86 supra NA (sold)
                        91 Supra turbo (drifter)
                        99 prelude SH (only when i wanna hit V-attack)
                        91 accord (turbo soon dead) "crashed"
                        97 civic hatch GSR-T (my babys mama ride) (stolen)

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8 View Post
                          Holy fuck I have been here for a long time.

I didnt give up. I moved on
                          Downgraded.

Wait, what?!

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by mn_cb7_boi View Post
                            I like my cb7 but theres nothing really good for modding on theses things yea theres the h22 swap but how many of us can afford that swap 2/10 people,

the cb7 seems like it dosent respond well with mods you give the same mods to a civic or teg you get a much more better response in power and torqe,

cb7 are still nice i wouldent mind getting one now but not as a car that i would like to invest alot of monie into it but more like a beater

you cant get your bang for your bucks anymore with these cars
                            this is where your wrong. theres plenty of things that can be done to these cars that dont involve a swap to get more power. the same exact stuff that can be done to civics and tegs.

intake/header/exhaust wont net you but MAYBE 5hp total out of any 4 cylinder car. but you can upgrade cams, valvetrain, cam gears, and many other things for under $1000 total now thanks to bisimoto.(the $1000 doesnt include labor if you dont do it yourself).

as with any car, it isnt cheap to modify them. whether it be performance or for looks. i went with an accord because it was different, id love to have an EG coupe, EJ for the technical guys. but i hate looking in tuner magazines and getting on honde-tech because all you see is civics and tegs...it gets kinda boring

My Members Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                              Downgraded.

Wait, what?!

Lateral movement. Went from a busted ass piece of shit with 150hp, to two busted ass pieces of shit with 320 and 400hp. Hooray for me. NOT.

Comment

I love the sound of 6 cylinders... this CB is all about unfinished business; though I do plan on being a part of the community. If I lived in the boonies, I would keep one just for fun, but I def. want some kind of Bimmer. More pussy factor, easier to park... that wonderful sound...
                                Last edited by gloryaccordy; 12-08-2008, 08:43 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X