so why does everyone give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so why does everyone give up?

seems like when people run into problems...they want to get a new car..idk imo it seems like alot of people here dont want the cb7 anymore..copping civics and acuras and the like..i mean do you guys honestly like these cars? cuz it seems like people look for reasons to buy another car..i mean i understand how frustrating it is with mechanical problems..believe me i kno allll bout those..but its not like i wanna cop a civic now..like what makes a civic so much better..or more reliable? and im not flaming those who move on or cant find a cb7 or jus buiy a new car..i understand,..but idk it jus seems latley everyones givin up on the cb7..sayin like..theres noithin else to do to it..sticky dil joe proves that statement wrong [/end rant]

I moved on because of the weight. It's a lot harder to make a 2800lb car fast than it is to make a 2000lb or less car fast, especially when you've got so many options available as far as powerful and cheap swaps go. If you don't want to swap then you can boost.

Sure you can do all that with an Accord to, but it won't be as fast. I know a lot of the guys on here aren't nearly as concerned with performance as they are appearance, which is okay cause there's a lot of nice looking cars on here.

Civics, Integras, etc are also cheaper to modify. I hear CB7tuner members talking about how they paid $450 or more for an exhaust system when I can go out and pick up a good quality one for $350 shipped for my CRX.

There's more potential on the Civic and Integra chassis', and thats why people choose them more often.

As far as people giving up, that's on a person to person basis. Like I said, I gave up because I got tired of trying to make a cb7 fast without thousands of dollars of modification.

The truth is...these cars aren't sports cars. However I will be the first to admit that they can look rather good, they just don't move as good as other cars, and I think people are starting to become more interested in going faster and faster than they are having a good looking car.

That's just my 2 cents.

Comment

Sometimes the mechanical problems become worth more than the car then when you think back all that mone you wasted you coulda bought you something better. Plus financial problems arise for others and i know how that is which sometimes they need to get rid of some stuff to pay off there bills etc etc. Im sure people changing have there reasons but even if they do most of them still love the CB7.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

check my resume im not giving up on shit.....

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

I guess I sold out because the body style didn't appeal to me anymore. I was tired of it, and I was tired of the problems associated w/ it. Seemed like my "to-do" list became longer and longer by the week and I just wanted a reliable car w/ a newer body shape.

Plus I love the swappable parts amongst Civics and Integras. And to be honest w/ you, I was always in love w/ the 96-00 Civic coupe. I just never thought I'd be able to afford one thanks to the money hungry cb7. But I did it, and I did it right, EX baby.

After 2 cb7s, I can officially say I'm done w/ the Accord chassis, at least until I'm settled down and about to consider children
          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
            I guess I sold out because the body style didn't appeal to me anymore. I was tired of it, and I was tired of the problems associated w/ it. Seemed like my "to-do" list became longer and longer by the week and I just wanted a reliable car w/ a newer body shape.
            that is one of the reasons i sold my accord as well. not that i didnt like the cb7 styling, but when i put a body kit on my car and painted it blue, i was much younger, i have since grown out of that kind of thing and rather thany try and tweak my car too look the way i wanted it, i choose to start off with a blank canvas.

plus, you cant beat the price of a sr20DET hp/dollar. A fully forged, factory turbocharged engine that can rev to 8k, for less than the price of an H22 was much more apealing to me

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

help my car is broken and i don't have any money to fix it, i guess i am gonna buy a new car. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i feel like all of this is directed at me, idk.

i had a lot of problems with my car and i still do but im not giving up, i was really mad when i made the thread about my car but its better now. i feel like i can tackle most of it now tho

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                  i feel like all of this is directed at me, idk.

i had a lot of problems with my car and i still do but im not giving up, i was really mad when i made the thread about my car but its better now. i feel like i can tackle most of it now tho
                  travis i already know u got cb7 in ur blood dont let it get to u

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

eh the problems i have run into is to long to list.

from what get said to me, "why are you wasting money on an old car", "just buy a new car", "your not going to get that money back if you sell it" i have gotten these statements from family or friends and you know what i reply to them

i say "i love my car"!!!!!!!!! for real this is no joke...... and maybe thats why i dont have a girlfriend yet! its my own flaw.

i can admit that i dont waste money on this car, i invest in it.

the day i get the car out of the body shop all done up right i will cry my eyes out, from the joy.. showing others and proving them who i am and what i do

sincerely
                    Maury--- the guy with no girl and that has a sentimental feeling for my car

Comment

nah..wasnt directed at you at all..actually i jus saw like alot of peopel coppin new cars...93accord i saw your problems tho..and i feel the same way when my car jus gets so messed up..and when i wanan throw it away..idk somethin hapens oi find the moneuy and fix it..idk..i have an h22 swap..but thats not all i can do to it..what happened to beign pioneers..id rather spend money on soemthing old..and make it new and original...and osmethin i love..then follow a trend and get the trendy car..or an expensive car..i find it mroe pleasing to muyself..fixin my accord up and being able to keep up with other fast cars...idk bout u guys but..my accord is fast...can only get faster as well

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                        help my car is broken and i don't have any money to fix it, i guess i am gonna buy a new car. later.
                        its logical yet there is no logic.

Comment

a couple months ago i was thinking about moving on and after some more thinking i've decided to buy another cb. the accord is efficient and fits my budget rather nicely. to sum things up, i don't want to spend a lot of money on insurance and i love the body style of the cb.

Comment

I didn't give up on my cb7, I just took all the "extras" off it since it doesn't get a lot of mileage on it anymore unless the weather gets bad. No reason in me keeping these parts when they will not be used just abused by road grime and salt (fucking midwest)
                            "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                            sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                            Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                            Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

To me bumps in the road are going to come and go with a 15 year old car no doubt about it, and there arn't that many cars out there that will treat you as good as a cb7 will. The body styling is old hell the car is old but its got everything you could possibly want from a 15 year old car at fifth of the price of a new car. I personally think that hondas are losing their honda feel/look as they get newer and newer which makes me like my cb7 that much more.
                              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X