Header Cover? What for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Cover? What for?

probably a dumb question, but i'm gonna ask anyway. does the header cover do anything other than look really ugly? i think it's there to keep 'tards from putting their hands in there, but maybe it's something to do with heat? honest, what is that piece or aluminium for?
    And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
    Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Its to keep under hood temps down and it only looks terrible when its faded and rusted. If you seen a mint factory painted one its looks good actually.

Comment

its called a heat shield for further refrence

Comment

Sorry I tossed it maybe? looked so bad and with the new header on the way I want to see them. Might vent the hood just for fun
        And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
        Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

post in performance or technical next time.....

yeah heat shield....if you get ceramic coated headers you really dont need it....and it shaves weight if you take it out..

you see that lil hand on there...it means dont touch it when its hot

Comment

the hotter the exhaust gas the faster it can escape the header, and its also more reliable to keep underhood temps down a bit!
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

what you can do is sand it down real well and then apply 1200 hightemp paint then it would'nt look so ugly.

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                ....and it shaves weight if you take it out..
                lol, a whole pound. that thing is light. i took it off, but then realized all the hot air was in my engine so i put it back on. it definately works though.

Comment

Covers the rusty ass exhaust mani too. Sheds heat to keep hot ass air away from the radiator, alternator, etc.. I would think...

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
                    lol, a whole pound. that thing is light. i took it off, but then realized all the hot air was in my engine so i put it back on. it definately works though.
                    hahah....im a weight freak..my car is on the atkins diet.... i yanked my power steering pump to shave wieght.... and regain hp off the engine.

Comment

i painted my heat shield chrom with high heat paint ,.. and it looks good
                      本田**AcCoRd**本田
                      Click to see my CB7
                      '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
                      '93 civic hatch -sold
                      '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
                      '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
                      '96 Golf- Sold
                      '96 Bmw 328-Sold
                      '01 Civic Si-Sold
                      '99 Maxima-Sold
                      '88 Crx-Sold
                      '91 Accord H22-sold
                      '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
                      '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
                      '93 Accord-Sold
                      '89 Prelude Si-Sold
                      '91 Crx Si-Sold
                      '93 Honda accord-Sold
                      '88 Ford Exp-Rip
                      '92 Tracker-Sold
                      and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

im puttin mine back on i just painted it black with this high temp paint it looks real good now

Comment

i had to take mine off......and i acctully felt difference in power

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

I took mine off and my urethane motor mount insert began to melt. So I painted it black and put it back on.

If you're getting an aftermarket header, you may not have the mounting points to reinstall it! Some header wrap would fix that though... be sure to do it right.

Comment

Just got all my new exhaust parts....installing a DC-Sports chrome header...what will be wrong with just installing and not wrapping it?
                              Eric
                              www.myspace.com/cb7tuner06

Painted but still "Under Construction"

Comment

Working...
                              X