What are friends for.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are friends for.....

Well, the story starts in Vegas last month. I was down there for work and I was partying with my old high school buddy who is in the Air Force. He told me he was good at craps so I tested him and gave him $100 to play with. I know that is not alot but hey, I wanted to see what he could do. The people at the table sucked balls so we lost the money. Well whatever I told him. But he insisted that he pay me back. I told him not to worry about it but he went out and bought me Tokico HP's for my car. Now, he remembered that I loaned him $500 back in 97 before he took off to the AF. He is now going out to buy me a Carbon Hood!!!!! I love friends who stay true to their word!!!
    Taking over the world one drift at a time!

That stuff is more than 600, you should be paying HIM back...

Comment

i don't think so. i mean he was kind enough to lend him 500$, and it doesn't sound like he ever hassled him for it. so if his friend wants to repay him in car parts, and if offering, i think he is a good and loyal person, and that driftpsec is a descent dude for being generous in the first place. if it were 15$ like 8 years ago, who cares/even remembers, but 500$ isn't chump change.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
        That stuff is more than 600, you should be paying HIM back...
        Yeah, that is my point. I gave him $100 to play with. He did not borrow it. But that is his nature. And he is a Honda person like us but he has a eg civic. I did not even want the money but he wanted to pay me back and that is how he wanted to do it. As for the money back in 97, I did not even remember. But that is who he is. I knew he was a standup guy from the beginning but I did not know he was also generous.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
          i don't think so. i mean he was kind enough to lend him 500$, and it doesn't sound like he ever hassled him for it. so if his friend wants to repay him in car parts, and if offering, i think he is a good and loyal person, and that driftpsec is a descent dude for being generous in the first place. if it were 15$ like 8 years ago, who cares/even remembers, but 500$ isn't chump change.
          Thanks. But that is the kind of friend I am. If I can help someone to do something better then I will do it. At the time I had money so when he asked I was able to help him. Now he is doing better and that right there would have been payment enough for me. I even told him that the HP's would make things even but he was not having that. He wants to pay me back. So what could I do?

Comment

You sound like a good friend tho, no doubt. BTW Can I borrow 500 bucks? I'll pay you back in 9 years.

Comment

looks like youre going to be showing up at the bbq with some new toys

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Naw, right now I have (uninstalled):
                Goldline Springs (2.75")
                Energy Sus Master Bushing Set

Installed:
                Front and Rear Strut Brace (Tenzo R)
                Rear Lower Tie Bar (Tenzo R)

When I get the HP's, I am going to Signal Auto and having them install all of it. They are charging me less than normal for the work and I get the opportunity to buy their Signal Auto custom Orange Paint. You should have seen the paint on the twin drifters they have.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                  You sound like a good friend tho, no doubt. BTW Can I borrow 500 bucks? I'll pay you back in 9 years.
                  Remember, in my post I said "at the time" I had money. Now it's a different story. I no longer do the "things" I did to make money. I also had an inheritance my father left me when he passed away when I was 16. So all of that combined made it so I did not have to worry about money. Things are cool now, but I could not even make a loan to myself if I wanted.

Comment

'97???? thats a ways back
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Instead of getting tokicos get some konis, you can get them for 500 dollars.

kteller.com is having a sell on them for 450 plus shipping.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

thats cool....good for you man, atleast you have good friends...no, no my friends have to be complete assholes...my friend today made my gf break up with me...so i went and hit him in the face right?, after i get out of school, OH FUKCING GREAT, he slashed my new tires.....BLAH, this sucks.... sorry for the thread jack...

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                          thats cool....good for you man, atleast you have good friends...no, no my friends have to be complete assholes...my friend today made my gf break up with me...so i went and hit him in the face right?, after i get out of school, OH FUKCING GREAT, he slashed my new tires.....BLAH, this sucks.... sorry for the thread jack...
                          Well sometimes we need a kick in the balls to find out who are real friends or not. I don't think he was the one you should be mad at. If she was into you then nothing anyone says will make a difference in her decision to either be with you or not. To me it sounds like she found an excuse to break up with you in your friend. So not to be mean or judgemental, but fuck both of them. Lifes lessons sometimes cost alot of money but it is still a lesson. But don't worry about the thread jack. We are all here to help each other and that is what the whole moral of this thread was about.

Comment

thanks man...good looking out

Comment

Working...
                            X