What TO BUY? need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What TO BUY? need input

FIRST OFF i didnt know where this thread belonged so plz move it if it needs to.
    ok im gettin about 200 back for taxes and im curious as to what i should get for my car, (the most bang for my buck). Here are a few of the things i want for the future so please help me decide(i know this money wont cover some of these things but plz help me out.) thanks.later.

-Drop
    -Subs
    -15" Rims
    -Tint
    -Other (your input, if i dont have somthing listed that would be nice to have.)

thanks again guys

Comment

get subs.

Comment

nah, I looked at your car, and damn, you seriously need to drop that bitch!

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

TEIN S-Tech springs!
          Raceline USA

Comment

If you drop for $200, you're not going to be able to get new shocks... be prepared to replace your stock shocks in the near future. If your stock shocks are original, they're 16 years old... they won't hold up long! Hell, AccordWarrior's shocks were both blown up front when we redid his suspension.

Comment

so if i was to drop it should i get some springs and put em on my stock shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
                so if i was to drop it should i get some springs and put em on my stock shocks?

honestly.. no. you'll end up spending more in the long run. don't know if you plan on doing the install yourself, but labor wise at most shops, is around $150-200.
                for that $200, tint is your only option from your list.
                my advice, save up more money to get what you really want done.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                  honestly.. no. you'll end up spending more in the long run. don't know if you plan on doing the install yourself, but labor wise at most shops, is around $150-200.
                  for that $200, tint is your only option from your list.
                  my advice, save up more money to get what you really want done.
                  agreed, save for a bigger investment on the cb7, like rims, engine work, suspension, etc.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

yea i planed on doing the install myself, how much are new oem shocks?

Comment

If you're looking for OEM replacements, then the GR-2's are a pretty good choice. If you're looking for a good aftermarket replacement, then the AGX's are pretty good for adjustability.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        If you drop for $200, you're not going to be able to get new shocks... be prepared to replace your stock shocks in the near future. If your stock shocks are original, they're 16 years old... they won't hold up long! Hell, AccordWarrior's shocks were both blown up front when we redid his suspension.
                        Yeah yeah...

It would explain the camber wear on my tires at stock height though, huh?

EDIT:

To answer the question at hand...I wouldn't spend $200 on anything car related...I'd put it away to add to something latr for the car.

I don't think you can really get anything decent for $200 fo the things you have listed.

My system, which was very entry level (good brands/components, but not the high wattage stuff) was about $320 in 2003. My suspension was just a shade under $450 when everything was said and done.
                        Last edited by AccordWarrior; 02-04-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

ur only gettin 200 back? roffles,uonly had to have made like $1k last yr...

neways, u gotta let us know what ur goin after? speed, looks, sound, gasmileage? start yourself off slow, with ur bolt ons (I/H/E plugs, wires)

im personally goin after a smooth ride with good gas mileage, i got short ram intake/OBX header/Megan Exhaust, rollingon tein s techs, gettin new shox soon prolly kyb shocks.... summer time ill have 18 in falken hanabis with either parada2s or kumho ecstas... im doin a tuneup soon n for that i haveNGK platinum spark plugs, accel 8mm wires, MSD cap and rotor....

but this is also my opinion, you can do what you want, remember, every nice ride here has alot of time and money into them so if i were u id maintain it til u get some mad bank

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
                            FIRST OFF i didnt know where this thread belonged so plz move it if it needs to.
                            ok im gettin about 200 back for taxes and im curious as to what i should get for my car, (the most bang for my buck). Here are a few of the things i want for the future so please help me decide(i know this money wont cover some of these things but plz help me out.) thanks.later.

-Drop
                            -Subs
                            -15" Rims
                            -Tint
                            -Other (your input, if i dont have somthing listed that would be nice to have.)

thanks again guys
                            Damn, you are just trying to squeeze $200 arent you?. A Drop??? Yeah right, give me a break. Dude just take your time. $200 ain't shit, trust me. With $200 you can probably get some nice OEM rims, or tint. You could get Subs, but where is the other hardware, like Amp and headunit. You sound like a young broke tuner, give it like a year before you can see your car looking the way you want. It takes time, not $200 bucks.
                            1992 Honda Accord Owner

Comment

i got some kyb gr-2 struts for $150. and they were brand new not used. i got them off ebay.
                              Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
                              X