Big Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Problem...

So it was a normal day at school then me and some friends were going to hit friendly's but her car was closer to the school to mine so we decided to go in her car, then I convinced her to let me drive.. As im driving through the parking lot (where I never parked before...) I go through an intersection that I didn’t really see (there was no stop sign or anything...) so I slow down a bit cuz I didn’t know if it was a intersection or not but I didn’t slow quick enough because so Audi comes at the car hits the corner of our front bumper spins the car about 80 degrees and there it was... we freaked out for a couple minutes but then I found that the guy that hit us had no insurance and im not sure of her insurance situation either.. (she doesn’t have a license) so thankfully there were no cops so we pulled both cars to the side of the parking lot and discussed the situation for a long time he’s got a 87 Audi quarto (that’s what it said on the front grill) we decided that no one has insurance or is registered their vehicle so we cant get cops or insurance company involved... so we decided we go 3 ways on his fender being fixed. (his front bumper he doesn’t care much about im not sure about that situation) also we all are broke so the money problem is an big issue as well but we are going to have to work with it... anyway as far as her car goes she can beg her father for money to fix it but he is a stingy mean old man that she kind of hates but the father might give her the money... or might not. (To only fix her car I think) so what can I do?

just now I searched for parts on the cougar and found a green bumper w/fogs (and a minor scuff)for 400 + 75 for shipping and his car that I assume was a 87 Audi Quattro he needs an passenger side fender and I found a gray one for 175 + shipping (im not sure how much) so I told her about the bumper and she said that’s fine (I just hope the paint code matches) and I also told her about the option of a body kit front bumper which would be cheaper?(would it?) I saw some on eBay for like 200 and paint might cost 200? Unless I find a green one. also she told me something might be rubbing against the floor as she drives and I cant figure out what I could be cuz the only thing I saw damaged was the front bumper it just fell off (oh and the head light is cracked but it works) but the impact was enough to spin the car around about 80 degrees so I hope to god it didn’t damage the frame.

Can anyone help with some suggestion or something?????
    Last edited by jus_business932; 02-03-2006, 12:19 PM.
    The Car

Dont drive with out license and registration?
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

thought the cb7 crew would at least read the whole thing... and help me out...

I said in there that its not my car, im the one who crashed it... i have insurance on my car. she didnt neither did he.
      The Car

Comment

If he refuses to give up the money call the cops on the spot and let them plunger his ass all the way to the jail cell .

Comment

Instead of that horribly long story what not just post: "We got into a wreck, no one had insurance and now I'm looking for parts" end of story.
          But no you deserve what ya'll get for driving with no reg. insurance or license! You to hit me with that situation man and I would take you all to court and not one of you would ever get your license till your 18.
          Your mistakes raise the price of insurance for the rest of us, and put everyone else at danger! Don't expect anyone to offer allot of help when your acting in this way.

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

My bad i didnt read closely you both had no insurance man thats playin with fire especially around here just pick the car or whats left of it and keep it moving and go your seperate ways but also exchange info just incase he tries to come at you after you get insurance and have some witnesses too.

Comment

dude fuck paying for his shit get fixed..hes not insured neither are you, your no more at fault than he is neither of you are getting money from insuarnce and no one will care if u dont give him money.if he wasnt driving it uninsured it wouldnt have happened and if he did have it insured it would get covered by his insurance company so tell him to go fuck himself. imo
              rollin on em twankiez

Comment

Originally posted by jus_business932
                thought the cb7 crew would at least read the whole thing... and help me out...

I said in there that its not my car, im the one who crashed it... i have insurance on my car. she didnt neither did he.
                I doesnt matter, its the responsibility of the operator to make sure that everything on teh car is up to date and in working order.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

You should had ask if she had insurance first before you had got in cause if the crash was worst then some binder finder than both of you will be stuck up the creek without a paddle

Comment

Yea God forbid someone had been seriously hurt, you all would have been fucked. Use your brain.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Don't you have to have liablility insurance to get a license?
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

jesus... i wish you ppl would read the whole thing instead of just skimming through it and going by what other ppl said( i expected this from other forums but not the CB7s...) let me make it easy for some of you.

ITS NOT MY CAR.
                        I WAS DRIVING MY FRIENDS CAR.
                        I WAS DRIVING WHEN I HIT HIM.
                        SHE DOESNT HAVE A LICENSE OR INSURANCE, NIETHER DOES HE.
                        I DID NOT KNOW SHE DIDNT HAVE INSURANCE OR LICENCE( what am i supposed to ask?)
                        I WAS AT FAULT. I DIDNT STOP AT THE INTERSECTION (no stop sign though.. )
                        GET IT?

sorry for sounding like a jackass but im just stressed out...
                        Last edited by jus_business932; 02-04-2006, 04:26 PM.
                        The Car

Comment

so this person has no license OR insurance?? Why the hell do they have a car in the first place??? That's a crappy situation there man.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                          Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                          Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

ITS NOT MY CAR.
                            understood.

I WAS DRIVING MY FRIENDS CAR.
                            understood.

I WAS DRIVING WHEN I HIT HIM.
                            you now admit it's your fault, and do not place the blame on him. thus he has cause of action against you. if he was smart, he'd just take you to small claims court and recoup his losses. actually, he could take both you, your friend, and the parents of your friend to small claims court. he can say that the parents of your friend are negligent for allowing an unlicensed minor to both have a car and drive it, her for not having insurance, and yourself as the driver (which would likely go through your own insurance).

SHE DOESNT HAVE A LICENSE OR INSURANCE, NIETHER DOES HE.
                            read the above comment.

I DID NOT KNOW SHE DIDNT HAVE INSURANCE OR LICENCE( what am i supposed to ask?)
                            yes, you're supposed to ask. after all, she's your friend. rickyduckworth often points out that people like to escape blame, place the blame on other people, etc. etc. here's another case. damn right you're supposed to ask. you're not supposed to just assume she has it.

I WAS AT FAULT. I DIDNT STOP AT THE INTERSECTION (no stop sign though.. )
                            what does it matter if there was a stop sign or not if you admit fault?!

GET IT?
                            yes. you're at fault for driving an uninsured, unregistered car of an unlicensed friend. you're at fault for taking said car and not following the rules of the road nor paying attention and getting involved in an accident. now you want to get cheap parts for a car that many of us don't know about.

my suggestion is to take the car to a body shop, get an estimate, and get it fixed. i suppose you could split the cost as that what it sounds like the 3 of you had agreed to do.

in the future, don't drive the uninsured, unregistered cars of your unlicensed friends. and pay attention to the road.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by jus_business932

alert your insurance company....this would be covered under your liability coverage for property damage (pd). Your friends insurance (if any) would be primary, yours would kick in after that up to your limit (if she has any in place, if not then your insurance will be primary).

while you shouldn't drive other ppls uninsured or unregisterd automobiles i don't think we should be so quick to lynch him. as long as he has insurance of his own in place then he is being responsible. where he takes my advice is up to him. best of luck.

-bless
                              Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

Working...
                              X