First Real Exterior Mod to the Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Real Exterior Mod to the Cb7

after alot of considering and pondering and going back and fourth, i have decided to keep the cb7 for at least a few more years until im done with school etc. i just bought some kyb agx's on ebay for a relatively good price, and am buying springs from a member on here. Im pretty excited to actually see some exterior modifications on my car, because i dont really have any, and im already 8k into the thing *crash, interior mods, OEM parts etc*. Im just in excitement right now, because im actually going to get lowered and hopefully have some new shoes this summer...thanks for readin.

ben

heh, i know this is a newb question and i know i am gonig to get told to search, but do i need a camber kit for neuspeed sports 1.5r, 1.8f
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

good stuff and to answer ur question prolly not

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
      after alot of considering and pondering and going back and fourth, i have decided to keep the cb7 for at least a few more years until im done with school etc. i just bought some kyb agx's on ebay for a relatively good price, and am buying springs from a member on here. Im pretty excited to actually see some exterior modifications on my car, because i dont really have any, and im already 8k into the thing *crash, interior mods, OEM parts etc*. Im just in excitement right now, because im actually going to get lowered and hopefully have some new shoes this summer...thanks for readin.

ben

heh, i know this is a newb question and i know i am gonig to get told to search, but do i need a camber kit for neuspeed sports 1.5r, 1.8f
      no but its always best too when the springs settle or when it settles in your car will be slightly lower.

Comment

yea im super psyched right now!

Comment

yo when u gonna switch the suspension? if im out of school ill help ya out.

Comment

ooo boy if you wanted to get ride of your car once you start doing ext mods your gonna wanna keep it you may have this car for a while lol
            www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Sweet deal man!!!!!

Comment

My understanding with the KYB AGX's is that you won't actually get the full lowering effect because the shocks usually lower the car 1-1.5" less than other shocks. I don't know how true that is.

I can say this, with Neuspeed Sports and stock shocks and Tokico Illuminas both, I have just under 3 degrees negative camber in the front and just less than 2 in the rear. It is great for handling, but it is wearing my tires a bit too.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

warrior has the setup i've been told, so im going to consult him about the drop, but i really am not going for a really dropped look, just a casual drop look, and i needed to get new suspension anyway, since my struts are blown and i still gots original springs on the car from when i first bought it. I'm thinking that overall it will make my car look better then how it does right now...and i can't beat a 4 struts, 4 springs for under 400 bucks. *struts being brand new*

Comment

i remember when i first lowered. i was hella excited too. you might not need a camber kit. If you're not sure. just get your CB checked out at an alignment shop. when i lowered, i was using my oem struts. i didnt need alignment. but after i installed my kyb gr-2's, i needed to get an alignment.
                    Raceline USA

Comment

You don't need a camber kit for that drop as long as you're running stock wheels... or at least stock width. Get it aligned properly, and you'll probably end up with about half a degree of negative camber... not an issue at all. If you get wider wheels, you'll need a kit. I learned that the hard way! (if you Do get a kit, don't overtorque it! I also learned what that does the hard way...)

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxCB7
                        i remember when i first lowered. i was hella excited too. you might not need a camber kit. If you're not sure. just get your CB checked out at an alignment shop. when i lowered, i was using my oem struts. i didnt need alignment. but after i installed my kyb gr-2's, i needed to get an alignment.
                        whenever you deal with a suspension modification because the alignment could have possibly been thrown off. (that might mean something)
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

this stuff will be going in THIS month! ur coming down to my house and we're installing em. then ur gunna get an alignment down here so u dont wreck ur tires from the toe being off. yea so idk let me know when u wanna put em in.

Comment

grab a camber kit off ebay, its so much cheaper than dealing with fucked up tire wear. Im on the AGX/Neu sport drop, and I dont think its true about agx lowering 1" less

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                              grab a camber kit off ebay, its so much cheaper than dealing with fucked up tire wear. Im on the AGX/Neu sport drop, and I dont think its true about agx lowering 1" less
                              negative, both my ebay camber kits ...one of the set would break in half.

get a brand name or a one piece like sprint/Eibach's
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X