dammit, i got a ticket tonight for bs stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dammit, i got a ticket tonight for bs stuff

so im from NJ and im in CT for school, anyway, i was at a light...a cop 2 cars behind me so of course im going to make sure i drive fine...i take a few turns and he throws the lights on...asks how long ive been in CT and i say im here for school and he says i need to change my reg, license, and ins to CT and then proceeds to say he pulled me over cause i had no plate which i did but the reflective shit is peeling and then he says well your plate lights are out which they arent and also said i failed to use my turn signal which i definatly did knowing he was behind me...are either going to add points? i plan to fight atleast the plate charge to lessen my fine but the turn signal i really cant prove

most of that should be waivable like take it to the police station and have them sign off the plate lights the plates and all that the only thing he can charge you a fine for is the turn signal

the build and demise
    buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

That messed up man, some coppers always want to give you some bullshit tickets when there are murderers, theives and rappists running the streets. To protect and serve my ass!!
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

the weird thing is after i got back to my apt...1/4 mile away i tried my turn signals and they didnt work but my buddy said as i turned into the parking lot he saw it blinking, the hazards worked but the turn signal alone didnt work...weird

Comment

YOU: my plate light was not out
          JUDGE: Why would the officer make that up?
          YOU: I dont know

(You HAVE to pay the ticket)

YOU: I didnt know my plate light was out but I fixed it once I got home
          JUDGE: good

(You DONT have to pay the ticket)

Just a little to think about when you go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
            YOU: my plate light was not out
            JUDGE: Why would the officer make that up?
            YOU: I dont know

(You HAVE to pay the ticket)

YOU: I didnt know my plate light was out but I fixed it once I got home
            JUDGE: good

(You DONT have to pay the ticket)

Just a little to think about when you go to court.
            i got this one down...my plates reflective film is peeling so it doesnt reflect as much as it should so thats gonna be my defense

Comment

also should i change all my info to CT info? will i get ticketed for that later now that they gave me a warning for it?

Comment

You say you live in NJ more then 50% of the time. Thats a hard charge for them to stick you with.

Comment

You say you live in NJ more then 50% of the time. Thats a hard charge for them to stick you with.
                  school is more than 50% of the time

Comment

lol how much is a ticket for that and how much extra would it cost you to change over and for insurance. Figure out if its worth it to keep the plates and get a ticket or the change.

Comment

and i think you are exempt for school anyways

Comment

200 for the ticket...insurance will go up markedly since ill be off my parents policy, plus CT is more expensive

Comment

Full time students living in Connecticut but maintaining out of state or out of country permanent residency do not have to obtain a Connecticut license as long as full-time student status is in effect. Once full-time student status is terminated (according to school records), they have 30 days to obtain a Connecticut license.
                          There you go next time tell the cop to go fuck himself
                          Last edited by turboaccordlx; 01-27-2006, 04:34 AM.

Comment

There you go next time tell the cop to go fuck himself
                            awesome man, thanks!

Comment

(print it out and keep it in your car) link

Comment

Working...
                              X