Just gotta love being white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gotta love being white

well, i dont actually know if me being white has anything to do with it... but my friends always joke about it. so on with the story.

i got pulled over AGAIN today. this time, it was completely my fault. in the past ive been pulled for no front plate, ride height, modified exhaust(3 times), front tint, blue bulbed turn signals, too-stiff suspension and possibly more i cant think of. anyways, today i made a right turn at a "T" intersection. the cross traffic had the green light. as i was rolling up to the turn i looked and saw no oncoming traffic, so just rolled through the turn without slowing down. completely safe in this specific instance but still illegal. apparently youre supposed to treat that turn as a stop sign, althought i never do... if i dont see traffic coming i always roll through.

after i made the turn i saw the cop parked in a driveway of a business. after i passed him, he pulled out, i knew immediately he was coming for me, and he did. informs me of what i did, and then walks to the front of my car. comes back and says, ok ill give you a break. ill let you choose either the ticket or just a fixit for the big crack i have in my front windshield. so i took the window, since ive been wanting to get it fixed... just been waiting for something like this to happen.

goes back to his car to fill out the citation. i notice him looking at my car over and over. he comes back and tells me to turn my signals on... walks to the rear of the car and comes back. tells me he'll give me a better option. he will instead only give me a ticket for my rear signals being clear instead of amber. so i went from running a redlight to a fixit for amber bulbs.

your a dick

only because you get away with shit i wish i could

in all seriousness, you're one lucky white guy

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Pretty fly for a white guy!
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

IMO the cop didn't even care that you didn't stop. He just wanted you to talk so he could smell your breath. The cops are always out to give the mighty DUI ticket; big bucks. Not that I condone drunk driving. It's just that when the cops roll through the bar parking lot every 5 minutes and pull you over when you pull out of the parking lot just because you were there makes me have a negative opinion for their intentions.
        It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

more likle half asians get the best of both worlds...
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            more likle half asians get the best of both worlds...
            true. but for the purpose of getting, or not getting, a ticket... i look white.

i dont see how it can be a coincidence, getting pulled over and then being given no ticket or just a fixit has happened too often.

Comment

MAN IF I DID THAT SHIT...I'd be in fuckin prison or atleast damn jail...im white...whats up with that...DAMMIT

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                your first DUI usually isn't that much, and in most places, is under $100....

you even have the option of working it off a lot of times

they let drunks go all the time......"go right home and i'll let you go"
                Man must be nice to live where you do because that shit doesn't fly around here....no way would it be $100...

I've known several people that have been caught with a DUI and the least amount they have paid is $5000+ and that is just to get it dropped... but they still have probation and community service for 3 yrs. and if you get caught drinking and driving at any time you get your license taken and jail time....so yeah must be nice to get to go home or get a $100 ticket.

Also to stay on topic to the original thread....sounds like you have been really lucky and everything.....so since you have gotten off all these times don't you think you'd change the problems so you don't take the chance of getting a ticket the next time.....I can see the tread title now "Guys my luck ran out and I got a ticket" lol....just my thoughts
                ________
                WEED VAPORIZERS
                Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 10:39 AM.
                無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

I'm white and i've gotten MAD tickets, i guess it depends on the piggy that pulls you over i've had some cool as fuck ones and i had some that were straight up dicks.
                  CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

oh yea?

My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      i'm white as fuck and have never gotten a warning, just tickets.......

IMO, race is down on the list of things you'll get stopped for, but above it have to be age, appearance and attitude

i'm 25, i'm an ass whether i mean to be or not, and when at work in cool weather, i have a pullover and a toboggan with jeans rounding out the homeless look..........i look like someone who needs a ticket....nevermind that my ID and papers are in my hand, both on the steering wheel with the window and radio down..........i just can't take them calling me son or reprimanding me....it's not their fucking job......their job is to "serve and protect", not "scold and teach"
                      i act normal when im pulled over... almost like theyre my friend, i try to have a very nonchalant attitude. i look young and innocent i suppose, but im actually 27. i guess the being white doesnt work for everyone, but if thats not why i get off so often, im not sure what it is. catching a nice cop can happen, but it happens alot to me, not just this once.

the only time ive ever given a cop attitude was when i was pulled over for speeding. he figured didnt have proof, but i was doing 60ish in a 35. i argued back, saying i might have been doing 40, but it was just my car that was loud, not me going fast. so instead of the ticket he just reminded me the limit was 35 and gave me a fixit for a modified exhaust.

maybe its more of a stereotype out in the bay area, but i think cops see my car and expect to pull over a typical racer, around here typical would be asian or mexican. instead they walk up and get greeting by a nice white boy. one time i got pulled, i ended up getting no ticket and the cop left by saying "alright, have a good evening and drive safe mr rodda".

Comment

i actually got a warning tonight, just before i got home. i sped through an intersection going about 80km/h, it's a 60km zone, so it's not that bad, 75 is usually acceptable. although i was going a tad fast cause i just raced a modded prelude with a kit and dual exhaust from the red light just before that big intersection.

surprised i got off, given that he surely saw i had 2 previous speeding tickets, another ticket for a red light pending a court date and that i had lost my licence and got it back in december. a dick (or any woman power trip hero cop butch dyke) would have had loads of fun. but i guess i was alone, not far from my house, didn't smell like booze, and was gittery and nervous, and he was hardcore french and i can't be witty in french when i'm nervous...he was like "what are you in such a hurry for?" "i wasn't going that fast, it wasn't even 100...i mean, it wasn't even 80, i mean, it was 80, i checked..." that's my rebuttal "i wasn't even going 100" hahaha i kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                          i act normal when im pulled over... almost like theyre my friend, i try to have a very nonchalant attitude. i look young and innocent i suppose, but im actually 27. i guess the being white doesnt work for everyone, but if thats not why i get off so often, im not sure what it is. catching a nice cop can happen, but it happens alot to me, not just this once.

the only time ive ever given a cop attitude was when i was pulled over for speeding. he figured didnt have proof, but i was doing 60ish in a 35. i argued back, saying i might have been doing 40, but it was just my car that was loud, not me going fast. so instead of the ticket he just reminded me the limit was 35 and gave me a fixit for a modified exhaust.

maybe its more of a stereotype out in the bay area, but i think cops see my car and expect to pull over a typical racer, around here typical would be asian or mexican. instead they walk up and get greeting by a nice white boy. one time i got pulled, i ended up getting no ticket and the cop left by saying "alright, have a good evening and drive safe mr rodda".
                          27???
                          i thought you were like low 20's THE MOST
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have gotten off going 60 in a 35mph zone and I'm black. I have gotten pulled over alot times since i've had my license but only got a ticket once(actually was 3 tickets at once, speeding, no seatbelt, no proof of insurance). I also try to be as honest ans respectful as possible without being a bitch and replying with statements like "yes sir, mno sir". Most times when you answer scared or guilty you will get a ticket. In my neighborhood it doesnt whats your race when you get pulled over, most of the cops are assed and will give you a ticket. Sorry for rambling...but I guess i'm a lucky black guy
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                            X