why now!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why now!!!!

so my engine swap was going fine till i put the coolant in today, coolant starts gushing from that black type metal hose behind the block where the thermostat housing connects. i have no clue how to get that thing tight! i just used some form-a-gasket sealant around the o-ring and metal collar that goes around the tube.

on top of that, one of the wires that goes to a plug is broken off.
    NO FUCKING WAY!

i guess it is better that i caugh tit now than overheating my brand new engine halfway down the street.

im still mad/sad
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Ouch that sucks. At least the motor is in and you cought it before it did damage.

goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Ouch that sucks. At least the motor is in and you cought it before it did damage.

goodluck
      well, id wish i fixed it when the motor was out of the car but i didnt know that it was going to leak.
      I <3 G60.

Comment

oh man , thats sad, so close...to gettin; it on the road. glad you caught it now tho
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

make sure you push that metal pipe in far enough. It reacted similiarly when I did my intake manifold swap, turns out I didn't need to replace the o-ring, I just needed to secure it better.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
            make sure you push that metal pipe in far enough. It reacted similiarly when I did my intake manifold swap, turns out I didn't need to replace the o-ring, I just needed to secure it better.
            but if it is too far, how do you secure it to the manifold?
            I <3 G60.

Comment

it doesnt secure itself like that when the thermostat housing connects to the block there are 2-3 bolts that bolt ono that and the block but make sure you seal the hose and the rubber o-ring that in there nice and thick . If the pipe itself is leaking just get that baby welded if it has a hole or jb- weld it. BUt get it welded first

Comment

If I remember right, I was bleeding coolant and I just took it back off (removed the thermostat) and resecured it. It basically just presses on, as I'm sure you already know.

Comment

what if i were to not secure it to the manifold and press it on all the way?
                  i was using a hammer at first but i dont want to bend the pipe to the side...

bah, this is so frustrating!
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

thats gotta suck man i hope things get better for you

Comment

Shouldn't be necessary...but I don't know the full situation. I know what you mean about it doesn't seem to have any way to tighten it. As far as I know it doesn't. It is simply meant to be pushed on, and I assume by tightening down the thermostat you are securing the pipe as well......
                      I don't know man, like I said when it happened to me I just resecured it and it was fine.

Comment

well, i went back at it and i heard some coolant dripping but that was the coolant coming from the bleed plug

thanks guys, i love you.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                        X