Hurt CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurt CB7

Yesterday on my way home from work, I was cruising down the road and all of a sudden some guy blew through a stop sign right in front of me. Without the full time to react, I slammed into his rear bumper, sending him spinning in the oncomming lane. My car came to a complete stop, all of the electronics were dead. I was probably going about 20 miles per hour when I hit him, but I am feeling sore all day today. The car doesn't looked totalled to me and I don't want his insurance company to total the car out. I like my cb7 . What do you guys think? Is it totaled or no? The car was running smoothly and looking great (just put my blackhoused headlights I bought from J-specCb4). I miss my cb .........

fix it dude.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Wow that sucks on a good note the car doesn't look totalled from the pics once its fixed all will be good again.
      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

dude i feel terrible thats horrible but manif u want send me a driver side headlight and ill blackhouse it like the set u had for free plus shipping i know how bad it sucks to get something u want and have it gone so quick just tryin to help

again sorry to hear that dude\

btw the headlights were lookin good lol
        hadnt seen em on a car before then
        Last edited by J-specCb4; 01-10-2006, 09:33 PM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
          dude i feel terrible thats horrible but manif u want send me a driver side headlight and ill blackhouse it like the set u had for a deal i know how bad it sucks to get something u want and have it gone so quick just tryin to help

btw the headliughts were lookin good lol

if u didn't tweak ur frame too bad u should be ok. "Don't crush 'em, Restore 'em"
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
            dude i feel terrible thats horrible but manif u want send me a driver side headlight and ill blackhouse it like the set u had for a deal i know how bad it sucks to get something u want and have it gone so quick just tryin to help

btw the headliughts were lookin good lol

thanks bro!! I will let you know once I know what the insurance company will say...

Comment

It doesnt look all that bad.

Have a pro check it out before those insurance bitches make any rash decisions.

Comment

yea, think about it this way, upgrade with a 92-93 bumper and a CF hood and just have the fender and bumper repainted . . . your lip doesnt look hurt either, so you might even be able to keep that.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by resynch
                  thanks bro!! I will let you know once I know what the insurance company will say...
                  i edited my post i meant for free plus shipping so if thats what u want to do just drop me a line

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

my front end crash in july was worse that that, bent frame too. wasn't totalled....and 100% non responsible. i didn't have it insure for any higher value or anything, being in such good condition and low mileage and some mods (this was before my h22)....but they company estimated the damages at 4800$ Canadian, and with towing and storage charges, it came out to 5000$ CAD. so i think you might be alright. and you'll be fine if you had your car appraised for it's value with whatever mods you had. otherwise the companies will base your damage/total loss based on what their book value on an old accord would be. so it could be close. i also think i was a bit fortunate, because my dad is an insurance broker and maybe cause of that they helped me out and maybe gave me a bit of leway on my damage, who knows. but it got fixed. 2 jobber fenders, jobber hood, bumper headlights, corner lights, bumper lights, new radiator, new ac compressor, subframe, driver side driveshaft, and probably a couple of other small things here and there, along with all the labor and what not.

my company told me that i would have to find a garage that would repair the car for a contract price, which is, the company tells the garage that it will cost X amount, and they have to repair it for that, if it's less, then it's less, if it's more, they still have to repair it for that price. and luckily a client of my dad's had just opened a garage and they did contract repairs, so i got lucky...someone i could trust was working on it.

most of my damage was driver side, but was all the front too. if your frame isn't bent, then i don't think you have anythign to worry about. pop your hood, check if your engine is level and true.

i have some pics of the damage to get an idea of what it would take.

but more importantly, look at what a beauty my baby Chinglong is now!

V
                    V
                    V
                    V
                    Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 01-10-2006, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Do it yourself bro. I was a COMPLETE noob as it came to any sort of body work. I had the same thing happen to my car, except on the right side. I changed out the radiator support, welded in a new one, bought a new fender from ebay for 60 bucks, a new hood from keystone for 109 incl tax. It can actually be done pretty easily, as long as you've got some time to spare.

I forgot to mention, theres a company on ebay selling aftermarket headlights for 45 bucks shipped. They fit like stock too.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                        yea, think about it this way, upgrade with a 92-93 bumper and a CF hood and just have the fender and bumper repainted . . . your lip doesnt look hurt either, so you might even be able to keep that.
                        or CF fenders FTW!
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thanks everyone for your input on my situation....i still haven't heard anything from the adjuster on the status of the claim, but i will keep cb7tuner posted on the results

Comment

Did it break glass, or was it that you have no power and had the windows down at the time of the accident?
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

well most insurance companies total at about 85% of retail value (and they have fancy computers to figure all that out) - id put that work at around $1700 - $2000 with labor and painting - so i think you'd be ok, but i dunno how bad your frame is -

and if they DO want to total it, see what you can do about just taking a check from them for the max amount they'd allow for repairs and fixing it yourself - insurance companies usually try their best to fix things before they total things - so hopefully they will work with you

keep us posted! so sorry for your loss!

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Working...
                              X