i got jiped outta a title... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got jiped outta a title... help!

i wanted to know if there was anything i could do... i bought the EG for 150 bucks with word that the title was in transit.... ok cool.... its been like 3 weeks and he quit returning my calls and has flat out ignored me.... now i DO have a bill of sale... and my friends said i should be able to get a salvage title which is good enough in SC.... i just wanted to know if anybody knows what to do...

SOLD!

Originally posted by g-wagon
    i wanted to know if there was anything i could do... i bought the EG for 150 bucks with word that the title was in transit.... ok cool.... its been like 3 weeks and he quit returning my calls and has flat out ignored me.... now i DO have a bill of sale... and my friends said i should be able to get a salvage title which is good enough in SC.... i just wanted to know if anybody knows what to do...
    I remember something about if the owner lost interest in it. If you report it ot the dmv that the owner has lost interest in the car you should be able to get a title or something I forgot.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

If you have the car, just put it on your property. Let it sit for a little while, then file for an abandoned car title. I tried to do that once... but the car got stolen (i did the same with a 75 grand am years ago)

Comment

yeah, if you already have the car itself - just wait like deev says and file for an abandoned title and make sure you file with the state that had the title most recently (if by chance its not from SC)

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

I've gone thru something similar many many years ago...

Call up the DMV and see what they say... the specific laws and regulations will determine the exact course of action...

But thank your lucky stars for that bill of sale... now just pray that the seller was actually on the title...
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

^ Yup each state is different, i suggest contacting your DMV office. If all fails Just forge the damn sigs to get your tittle, i had to do it with these 2 motorcycles ibought, the registered owner would reply to any of my letters... So i said fuck it!
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
            X