Calling the mechanics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling the mechanics...

Uhm, what are signs of a blown headgasket, fellas?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Thick white smoke in teh exhaust (coolant burning), overheating...general loss of fluids basically. And maybe some rattling? Good luck!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

water in the oil/ vice versa... overheating... the white smoke as said before...

Comment

Rough Idle...
        Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Sweet smelling exaust smoke
          White Exhaust Smoke
          Oil In the Coolant
          Coolant in the oil
          Loss Of power
          Overheating

Comment

werd

white smoke, rough idle/misfiring, white specks in your oil..

Comment

is this on your supra? happens all the time in those things
              FA1

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                loss of power will show up before anything......lower compression.....smoke will be next to show up and the mixed oil/water will be after that usually......hard to get oil out of your cooling system too, i'd fix it asap if you can......that sludge can get stuck in all types of places

well, my supra smokes some times(usually when we start it) REALLY BAD(smells lke water burning, condensation...)

and other times, it dosent smoke at all. (on the freeway, at the gas station etc)

the temp is always normal, never overheats at all

the only symptoms my car has now, is steam from the exhaust, and sputtering(rough idle)

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Yea MKIII Supras are notorious for killing head gaskets.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Yea MKIII Supras are notorious for killing head gaskets.

yeah but i was kinda hoping mine didnt get too bad =(

Comment

Well...I dunno...that's basically the only thing I know about them, and that they're like 3400#...but yea it looks like it's headgasket time.

Comment

Seriously man me and a buddy of mine just did the head gasket on his MK3 Here's a tip don't be moron like my buddy if you plan on doing it yourself, that sweet intake manifold and plenum can be taken off in one piece not 8 lol

Comment

my freinds eclipse was doin the samething it ended up being the headgasket was blown

Comment

You know what this means, right? You need a 2JZ.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

-white jizz looking foam in oil
                              -bubbles in coolant while running (remove the cap and look in the radiator)
                              and all of the above like bluish white smoke that smells sweet.

Glycogen doesn't make a good engine lubricant, burned coolant screws up the catalytic converter, oil plugs cooling ports in the cooling system, etc.
                              It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Working...
                              X