just wrecked my damn car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wrecked my damn car....

My friend and I were playing around at the lock and dam and i went to pass him...well when I tried to shift into 4th it locked up on me. I then tried to hit the brakes to slow down and my whole car went out of control!!!! i spun around about two times and hit a recreational sign. My driver's side door is pressed in and my window is shattered along with other damage....my rainguard for my wheel got ripped off along with half of the trim on the bottom of the door!!!! AND then i looked under my car and all of the plastic that went to both wheel wells and under the car had been ripped out!!!...plus other damage to the rear of my car where it hit the post...

i'm sorry man... Hope all would be well, may insurance cover it speedily.

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

Originally posted by areannecl
      may insurance cover it speedily.
      did you actually read the story?
      and if so, you apparently did not comprehend it:

Originally posted by cash_man06
      My friend and I were playing around at the lock and dam and i went to pass him...well when I tried to shift into 4th it locked up on me. I then tried to hit the brakes to slow down and my whole car went out of control!!!! i spun around about two times and hit a recreational sign. My driver's side door is pressed in and my window is shattered along with other damage....my rainguard for my wheel got ripped off along with half of the trim on the bottom of the door!!!! AND then i looked under my car and all of the plastic that went to both wheel wells and under the car had been ripped out!!!...plus other damage to the rear of my car where it hit the post...

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

sorry about your lost bro. Good luck gettin back up on your feet and be happy your arent uh, dead

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

That sucks so what exactly locked up? You said you were shifting into 4th then it locked up?
          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
            That sucks so what exactly locked up? You said you were shifting into 4th then it locked up?
            might have been the wheels if he spun out, i dunno

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

see what could've happened if you were doing crazy stuff?
              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Dude man I'm sorry to hear that! Especially at this time of year right before a really good day I hope you get some money for Christmas to fix it, is really all I can say.

Insurance will tell you what you can do with that claim... But you've got our simpathy.

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                  Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                  might have been the wheels if he spun out, i dunno
                  I don't get it either. An explanation would be great.

Lets see some pics too.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

damn man...sorry to hear about that....get that shit fixed soon

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

be thankful no one got hurt.. but since you and your friends were "playing around", i'm guessing driving around recklessly, your actions led to this outcome.

good luck fixin' up the ride.
                      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

well what i meant by "playin around" was that we were headed home and i went to pass him...
                        when i was about to his door i noticed that a curve was coming up and i tried to shift before the curve to get around him...
                        when i went to shift into fourth i guess i hit the thing inbetween 2nd and 4th and i had to go through the curve in nuetral because it wouldnt let me shift back into third...
                        i then tried to hit the brakes to slow down to get back behind him and my brakes locked up on me and all i could do was hold on for the ride..

Comment

if i can find a door that has a good window in a junkyard soon then we arent going to file it, because my insurance will soar....

Comment

Originally posted by cash_man06
                            well what i meant by "playin around" was that we were headed home and i went to pass him...
                            when i was about to his door i noticed that a curve was coming up and i tried to shift before the curve to get around him...
                            when i went to shift into fourth i guess i hit the thing inbetween 2nd and 4th and i had to go through the curve in nuetral because it wouldnt let me shift back into third...
                            i then tried to hit the brakes to slow down to get back behind him and my brakes locked up on me and all i could do was hold on for the ride..
                            so it had nothing to so with shifting, u hit the brakes too hard on a car that probly doesnt have abs. u have to learn how to drive your car before you fool around. and even then its not smart to fool around on the roads.

Comment

my car has abs and i didn't slam them...
                              my car wouldn't shift into fourth and then i tried to shift it into third before i applied the brakes.
                              my tires are slick in the front because i need new ones but didnt have the money to get new ones so when i went to hit the brakes i was already in the curve and my car slid out of control...
                              i would have not tried to pass him if i would have seen the curve but i didn't see it at the time...

Comment

Working...
                              X