Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photography experts needed - critique - NO CARS HERE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography experts needed - critique - NO CARS HERE.

I was bored the other day so I decided to take the camera outside with me and photograph the dogs while I was playing with them. I need some feedback on these pics, good and bad. These photos are untouched, except for re-sizing. Please give your critique.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

what camera were you using? Digital?
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

well, im no expert, but the one thing i have to say is about the lighting. I know you couldnt really help that it was a sunny day, but i duno, maybe u coulda done something, or took the pic at another angle, i duno

and also, id say that the angles arent the best in the world, too plain i guess. I duno, im just going by what i like, im no expert. but i do try and take pics sometimes, try and be artistic and shit, lol.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        well, im no expert, but the one thing i have to say is about the lighting. I know you couldnt really help that it was a sunny day, but i duno, maybe u coulda done something, or took the pic at another angle, i duno

and also, id say that the angles arent the best in the world, too plain i guess. I duno, im just going by what i like, im no expert. but i do try and take pics sometimes, try and be artistic and shit, lol.

-Jose
        Yea, I couldn't do anything about the lighting, I was just messing around w/ the camera. I tried as many angles as possible, it's hard to take pictures of objects that keep running around
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
          what camera were you using? Digital?
          Shit...I don't know the model number, it's a kodak something or another. 5mp I know that. haha
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

lookin fresh bro really clean shots i like

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

id say lighting and background...it seems like you want to focus on the dog a bit too much.

if you do, make sure you get proper lighting on the dog and not ont he grass and make sure you are not too zoomed in (ie: 2nd pic)

i think the word is called, overexposed meaning that there is too much light captured, report back to us what model it is.

id highly suggest the kodak im using, Z700
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

photography critique:

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                . These photos are untouched, except for re-sizing.
                why post untouched photos? on a photography forum, you'll rarely see untouched photos. most photographers, both amateur and professional, "touch" their photos in some way, shape, or form. from school photos to high fashion magazines, photos are touched. assuming you want your photos to have something special, you might as well start touching them up.

the subject (the dog) looks fine. it's the background that makes the eyes want to stray towards the left. the solution would be a simple touch up to take that brightness of the background down. another solution would be to keep the dog in color, and turn the background into black and white, thus eliminating the brightness.

same brightness problem as above. not as interesting as the photo above, but of course that's a lot more subjective.

cute dog. the focal point seems to be just under the dog, as the portion most in focus seems to be the wood just under the dog. has a slight brightness problem, but this time the brightness is on the subject rather than behind it. pre-shooting, the fix would be a filter to cut down the brightness/glare of the sun (which is a great thing to have btw). post-shooting, you can bring it down, but the dog's right paw (on the viewer's left), may still seem out of focus given the brightness.

interesting vantage point. he's in the shade/shadows, photographer in the sun. pre-shooting, using manual settings to get the dog in focus (so that both eyes can be seen clearly) would have been the fix. post-shooting/post-processing is a bit difficult, my thinking would be to up the brightness of the entire photo until the dog's left eye is seen. than to make everything but the dog black and white, or make the entire photo black and white.

overall, i'd suggest using manual settings if possible, and using a filter to cut down on the brightness. otherwise, don't shoot when the sun's super bright. or just use a post-processing program (such as photoshop), which should be in your arsenal anyway.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

personaly i really like the 1st and 3rd pics...i really like the 3rd. i think the light could have been better but they look pretty good to be untouched and all...looks good

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Thanks for the comments/critique all!

Elliot..your advice has been taken to heart. I would really like to put these in black and white and see how they look. I'll definately take your lighting suggestion on the last photo. Unfortunately, I don't have PS to touch my photos, I guess I should find a copy somewhere.

Perhaps if I had a good program I would touch up all my photo's in the future.

Again, thanks for the comments
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I used to do a lot of photography, mostly portraits and such.
                      i could show you an example of a photo i took of me and my lady friend....but its kinda unappropriate. But it is an example of how to use colors and shadows to your own advantage. I got to the point to where i could pose perfectly before the pic was taken so i didnt have to always be behind the lens.
                      learn what color schemes go well together. and yeah i'd have to agree with previous posts, definitely some angle problems.
                      Keep up the work though.
                      should i put up that pic? as an example?

"you know what a neo-conservative is...it's someone who watches the matrix and believes it's real" - lewis black.

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

Originally posted by CB7LX
                        I used to do a lot of photography, mostly portraits and such.
                        i could show you an example of a photo i took of me and my lady friend....but its kinda unappropriate. But it is an example of how to use colors and shadows to your own advantage. I got to the point to where i could pose perfectly before the pic was taken so i didnt have to always be behind the lens.
                        learn what color schemes go well together. and yeah i'd have to agree with previous posts, definitely some angle problems.
                        Keep up the work though.
                        should i put up that pic? as an example?

Sure, post away
                        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Working...
                        X