Got my radio stolen out of the volvo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my radio stolen out of the volvo.

As many of you know, I now drive a volvo station wagon (go me!) and I had very nice audio setup in it.

Well, last sat night my g/f and decide to see a late movie after her company christmas party. After we get out of the movie we return to the volvo only to find that the window had been broken out and someone had stolen the radio. We ran upstairs back to the movie theatre to see if we could catch a security officer, only to have one come running past us.

We wait a few minutes, and then follow in the same direction he was running. He informed us that a suspect had just gotten away from him while he was trying to break into another car. Unfortunately the suspect got away.

Fun situation..well...it turns out this fool had broken into 8 cars in the parking garage, breaking the windows in all of them.

We go back to my car to take a closer look at the damage, only to find out he has stolen my jacket (it was 12 deg outside that night) and took a hat I won at a company party.

We fill out the police reports, and I was pretty sure this guy would never be caught, nor would I see my stuff.

I get a call a few nights ago from a dectective who says they caught someone and charged him with all of the burlaries. Unforuntunately, this guy is a crackhead, and pawned everything off to a drug dealer for some rocks. Now I'm stuck w/o a $200 radio, a broken window, and a broken ipod adapter. And to boot I have no jacket!

I got a supena(sp?) to go to court tommorrow to talk to the DA, maybe I can get something out of this. I will keep you guys posted.

Drugs are bad mmmkay!
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

damn man, people who do rocks are mad sketch balls...some kid did them at school, and was so sketchy..i was always watching my shit. Good luck with the DA
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Sucks man... chances are you won't get a dime out of this since, as you put it, he's a crackhead and because of that.... won't have any money.

Luckily I have a stock Infinity system in the Sebring

Comment

that sucks ass, i had a snowmobile stolen out of my back yard, and the cops didnt do shit....i have a volvo, so i feel for ya more dude...
        these crackheads need to get some Red Balls...its crack in a can, baby!!
        sorry dave chappelle pwns me.. heh

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

you put a system in a volvo station wagon?

T3h h07!!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
            you put a system in a volvo station wagon?

No...not a system...I had a very nice cd player, kenwood ipod hook up and Sirius.

T3h h07!!![/QUOTE]
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Dude sorry to hear about th radio; it does suck that you probably will not get anything out of this. To bad insurance doesnt cover that...or does it? Hum Friend of mine's truck was wroken into and the insurance bought him all new equitment and sound system stuff. Could be an opportunity for an upgrade heck! lol gl with it man.

- Zipcreature
              Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

get some of the drugs and barter for a new deck!
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sorry to hear man about your lost. I usually don't take the decks that you can remove the face for granted. I always take my faceplate off put it in my glovebox and lock it. then I lock my trunk and keep any valuable item hidden like under the seat or in the glovebox. If the thief can't see any goodies he won't try to steal you.
                  "form follows function."
                  Louis Sullivan

Comment

Damn a volvo how low can a person go. Next time no matter where you are or how nice and calm a different neighborhood is that your in never let it pass you that theres always someone that is out there waiting to fuck with your shit. Some call me paranoid i say im cautious fuck what everyone else thinks. the ones that let it pass em are usually let there guard down and get fucked then they go back i should have,or maybe i should have its too late next time learn a lesson dont leave anything that may look or have any kind of value in the ride period even loose change.

Hell I remember this lady judge at the dmv who was judging up everyone she talked and everyone had a good laugh when she said a thief is a thief and that her car got broken into in longisland right in front of her house . being that they couldnt find anything they had a smoke and left and left and was kind enough to leave it in the tray and she doesnt smoke nor does anyone else in her family household. So then from that day on she left it unlocked the thief never came back .

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      Damn a volvo how low can a person go.
                      haha I know some people who would go ballistic if they read that.

Anyway, what kind of wagon was it? 245, 745/60, 850, 940/60, V70? If you go to turbobricks.com I'm sure someone could accomodate you for some cheap replacement parts.

I miss my old 88 240DL; it was a TANK!
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate

Anyway, what kind of wagon was it? 245, 745/60, 850, 940/60, V70? If you go to turbobricks.com I'm sure someone could accomodate you for some cheap replacement parts.

It's a non turbo 940 wagon. Slow as shit. I went from an h22 coupe to this Ohh well...

I went to court today, sat for hours, only to have the DA tell me they are going to hear this guys case today. Apparently he has quite the rap sheet, and had 6 more warrants out for his arrest, which they are serving on Monday. I was informed that I won't be receiving anything back from this guy because...well he was a crackhead, had no job, no home, nothing. He was even driving a stolen car.

Wonderful news. It really eats my ass when people take my shit, especially since I work my ass off for it.

Edit: The only positive that came from this is the fact that he will spending quite some time in jail. The DA informed me that he will have 20-30 years to think about what he has done.
                        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

that sucks man but at least hes goin to jail

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

reminds me of these terriorists who killed this woman's family but was captured by the iraqi police or by us or whatever...all she was allowed to do was hit them with her shoe
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate

dude, volvos pwn....i have a 82 242, with a 5 litre heavy as shit tho

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                              X