Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my baby got totaled

here is a before

here are some after the accident. this seriously if bringing a tear to my eye. i think she is going to be declared totaled and sheonly has 66,889 miles on her.

poor thing

Aftermath of crash.

yup, thats totaled. sorry that happend bro.

Comment

Dude, that's just minor front end damage. As far as I can tell, the bumper reinforcement and frame is okay. With a new fender, hood, bumper, headlight, grille, and a hammer, I could have that car all fixed up in a few hours. You should seriously consider fixing it yourself like that.

Comment

fuck man that sucks whats the story behind it?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          Dude, that's just minor front end damage. As far as I can tell, the bumper reinforcement and frame is okay. With a new fender, hood, bumper, headlight, grille, and a hammer, I could have that car all fixed up in a few hours. You should seriously consider fixing it yourself like that.
          dude the core support is definetly ruined. u would not be able to fix that in a couple days never mind a couple hours.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
            dude the core support is definetly ruined. u would not be able to fix that in a couple days never mind a couple hours.
            If the bumper reinforcer really is fucked up, then just put a new one on! I'm not just pulling this shit out my ass... I've done it enough times to know. Doesn't matter if the rad was pushed all the way up against the engine either... it bends back easier than you think. Ask cpmike... he also has done this.
            Last edited by Dirty Harry; 12-13-2005, 04:05 PM.

Comment

i was dropping my brother ofd to school and on my way to school to study for finals. when this guy wanted to make a left turn pulls into me in his suburban and hits me.

the headlight and the radiator are pushed in all the way.. the other guy was at fault so insurance shoudl total out my car and pay me for what it is worth. i started it after the accident and she ran fine.

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

If the bumper reinforcer really is fucked up, then just put a new one on! I'm not just pulling this shit out my ass... I've done it enough times to know.
                you dont just put one on. im sure he doesnt have access to all the right tools. you have to drill out the spot welds and rip that fucker out, weld on a new one. and a new radiator is needed, new headlight,grill,fender,croner light,bumper,bumper cover,bumper light,hood,hood latch,. never mind the shit im missing. probably fucked up suspension too. all that added up is a lot of money. a new core support alone is lots of $$. and im someone doesnt have the time to do it or the $$ or tools than its totaled. and im 100% positive you cant fix that car in under a week. yea someone with time could peace together all the parts from a junkyard, i would cut my own core support and all that. hell fixing dings takes hours to get "perfect" this car is totaled. nough said.

Comment

Not ONCE have I ever had to drill out the welds and put new pieces in. And this was on cars with much worse damage than that car. Unless its totally disconnected, they ALWAYS bend back. I personally have done this on a 97 EX, a 98 LX, a 92 Corolla, and a few different CB7s, including at least one with cpmike and excalibur02 there helping. It looks like alot of work and I can't blame you for it seeming daunting to you... but I know it's not alot to do. I'd bet you $100 that his suspension is okay too.

How many have YOU fixed?

Comment

Not ONCE have I ever had to drill out the welds and put new pieces in. And this was on cars with much worse damage than that car. Unless its totally disconnected, they ALWAYS bend back. I personally have done this on a 96 EX, a 98 LX, a 92 Corolla, and a few different CB7s, including at least one with cpmike and excalibur02 there helping. It looks like alot of work and I can't blame you for it seeming daunting to you... but I know it's not alot to do.

How many have you fixed?
                    the point is the cars totaled. the ins. company will quote that to be more than 3k worth of damage. better off buying a $100 cb7 with a blown motor and swapping engines. and i have done core supports numerous times on many differant casr......such as 1989 fornd bronco xlt, 90 honda accord, 1991 chevy suburban, 1996 ford thunderbird,97 dodge caravan, and i have never just 'bent it back" thats the stupidest shit i everheard, talk about micky mouse. if you dont do it right...and just bend it back the structual integrity is greatly minimized, and it will never be perfect. its easier imo to drill out the spot welds and replace. its time consuming. not that hard.

Comment

To each his own... I could go on all day and you'd still think it takes a week and REQUIRES replacement. I'll see if mike has any before/after pics...you'd never be able to tell that it was ever hit...but who cares, you still wouldn't believe me. I would know if it needs replacing...if a weld were to break or something, or it was bent near 90 deg. or greater, sure, replace it. But a little bending isn't going to hurt anything. If it was a suspension component, yeah you don't bend those. You replace it. But what is this part doing? It's holding a fucking radiator. Some of the cars I've done this on have been sold after me multiple times and are still driving without a problem years after. Feel free to keep doing it the hard way though

Comment

To each his own... I could go on all day and you'd still think it takes a week and REQUIRES replacement. I'll see if mike has any before/after pics...but who cares, you still wouldn't believe it. I would know if it needs replacing...if a weld were to break or something, or it was bent near 90 deg. or greater, sure, replace it. But a little bending isn't going to hurt anything. If it was a suspension component, yeah you don't bend those. You replace it. But what is this part doing? It's holding a fucking radiator. Some of the cars I've done this on have been sold after me multiple times and are still driving without a problem years after. Feel free to keep doing it the hard way though
                        actually ill feel free to keep doing it the right way. ..."a little bedning wont hurt anything"..... what he has isnt a little bending..... the fucking cores pushed in far as hell. i would bend one back if it were my demo car. but i wouldnt feel right selling a car with one bent back. $70 for a core. drill out the welds and weld one on........that sounds hard to you? takes less time than bending it back.
                        Last edited by 91accord4door; 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM.

Comment

If they're gonna give you money, just get another one. No biggie. I'd rock a 92-93 EX coupe with the quickness if someone totalled my car. Wait...no I wouldn't...I'd get a Maxima...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Not ONCE have I ever had to drill out the welds and put new pieces in. And this was on cars with much worse damage than that car. Unless its totally disconnected, they ALWAYS bend back. I personally have done this on a 97 EX, a 98 LX, a 92 Corolla, and a few different CB7s, including at least one with cpmike and excalibur02 there helping. It looks like alot of work and I can't blame you for it seeming daunting to you... but I know it's not alot to do. I'd bet you $100 that his suspension is okay too.

How many have YOU fixed?

my suspension is totally fine. i drove the car from the street to the driveway. and there is nothing wrong with the suspension.

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulmo86
                              my suspension is totally fine. i drove the car from the street to the driveway. and there is nothing wrong with the suspension.
                              what are the pans when it gest totaled? another cb7?

Comment

Working...
                              X