No announcement yet.

my baby got totaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok..here the deal they are going to total the car and pick it up tommorow. was wondering what small parts can i pull out to make a little extra cash? power antennae?

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulmo86
      ok..here the deal they are going to total the car and pick it up tommorow. was wondering what small parts can i pull out to make a little extra cash? power antennae?
      you really can't part the car out when insurance buys it...
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
        you really can't part the car out when insurance buys it...
        i know i cant but i can take out some small parts that are not noticable. such as the power antennae

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

i know i cant but i can take out some small parts that are not noticable. such as the power antennae
          And nobody gonna notice?

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
            And nobody gonna notice?
            not really

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

not really
              huh....

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                good choices. as for Doctorcipher....your way to cocky. im done arguing with you. bend all the core supports you want. all in all its the wrong fucking way, its a hack job...yea it works great for you but its the wrong fucking way.....if it was the right way they wouldnt make replacments you asshat. u flip out if someone disagrees with you, you flame people in there members rides pages, your one cocky stuck up individual. i dont care what people say after u bend cores back....who gives a fuck if it looks good. its not strong as when it wasnt bent. i have done more of these than you....and i have done them the right way.......wich imo is the on ly way to do shit.:flips the bird:
                you are the only one who flipped out...you jumped all over his case...he merely defended his point of view...at which point you started callin names and pointing fingers...:immature:

Comment

If they total it, they will give you its value. For my 92 Accord LX w/ 142,000 miles I got $2200. They let you buy back the SALVAGED title to the car for $30 (rofl) and you can part the car out, OR get it fixed and have it pass a salvaged inspection test. I fixed it myself and passed the test and sold it back for $1500 with the rear bumper sagging alittle. That's how it usually goes, so don't take off any parts. In fact, leave all the parts on so the appraiser can really value the car. I got $100 added for my OEM spoiler, and $75 added for my Prestige alarm to the value of the car. If you take parts off before he comes, he will value it lower.

EDIT: This is in NYC. I don't know if the procedure is different in other states.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    you are the only one who flipped out...you jumped all over his case...he merely defended his point of view...at which point you started callin names and pointing fingers...:immature:
                    i just try to get people to do things the right way. not everyone can do it that way. wich is understandable. if u dont have time and money than ya def start banging.especially ifs it only a daily beater.

Comment

Some help close by

Ok looking at what i just seen is not bad at all. I am a certified technician for body work collision repair. If you post a pic with the hood up I will tell you that you are in good shap with that car. You need to get the car in a clean area with a roof on it. I would start with taking the fenders, bumper, hood, all removable parts from the front end. Clean it up a bit. Let me know and I can continue to help you fix that. i use to buy totalled cars off ebay that were wrecked with salvaged titles and fix them then take them to get a inspection for a new title. If you want to keep your car let me know
                      When you need something to cheer you up on a bad day..Buy a honda..

Esco

www.teamundergroundimports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Esco
                        Ok looking at what i just seen is not bad at all. I am a certified technician for body work collision repair. If you post a pic with the hood up I will tell you that you are in good shap with that car. You need to get the car in a clean area with a roof on it. I would start with taking the fenders, bumper, hood, all removable parts from the front end. Clean it up a bit. Let me know and I can continue to help you fix that. i use to buy totalled cars off ebay that were wrecked with salvaged titles and fix them then take them to get a inspection for a new title. If you want to keep your car let me know
                        i dunno if i wanna keep it yet. it all depends on how much they gonna charge me to keep it. also, i found a 1992 honda accord lc with 109k miles 4 dr black for $1995. what do u guys think? here is a pic.

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

i dunno if i wanna keep it yet. it all depends on how much they gonna charge me to keep it. also, i found a 1992 honda accord lc with 109k miles 4 dr black for $1995. what do u guys think? here is a pic.

is that a good deal? what should i look for when i am looking at it?

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

is that a good deal? what should i look for when i am looking at it?
                            When you go look at it make sure its a stick shift.
                            Listen to how the motor sounds rev it up a couple times, make sure there is
                            no smoke, make sure the suspension is tight with no clunks.
                            Make sure there are no leaks, no rust, interior is good condition.
                            There is so much you can look for, and its all common sense.

Comment

jesus those cars are cheap in the states. i can sell mine for 5g's up here, and shes stock

Comment

I noticed the majority of this thread is just arguing about how to fix it. If you want to fix it here is what you do.
                                Take the money the insurance gives you, you can more than likely ( i know in my state) buy the car back for next to nothing. Then use the rest of the money to get a daily driver to get you where you need to go. Use wahts left to start the repair work. That way you still have your cb7, you arent rushed to fix it in a few days time, you can decided for yourself what the right way of fixing it is, and you still have a car to get you where you need to go.
                                I didn't even read the whole thread because I was sick of everyone arguing.

Comment

Working...
                                X