prelude in my future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prelude in my future

what do you guys think of the 3rd gen. prelude (88-91). i'm looking at a 90 SI and i just wanted to ask if anyone has anything to say about them before i go ahead and seal the deal. i am aware that they are known to burn oil like no other (but so is the CB) and the aftermarket is limited on them. (75,000 original miles on the bad boy too, 5 speed and no rust whatsoever )

this is just a quick picture of a random 3rd gen: (for those that don't know off the top of their head)
    Last edited by minoreparations; 12-11-2005, 06:33 PM.

i'd cop that bad boy, sounds like a good deal
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Awesome cars.. although I heard they don't fare well on the crash test.... but that only matters if you wreck

I'd get it

Comment

They are alright. Feel like a sport-tuned 3rd Gen Accord.
        They look nice, even better with a perfectly executed drop.

About the "Burning Oil" part, im not too sure about that. Never heard of it.

The only things i dont like is the Cluster. Looks too old school.
        The view from the Driver's seat kinda sucks -- the hood looks too long, also it feels like you sink into the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
          what do you guys think of the 3rd gen. prelude (88-91). i'm looking at a 90 SI and i just wanted to ask if anyone has anything to say about them before i go ahead and seal the deal. i am aware that they are known to burn oil like no other (but so is the CB) and the aftermarket is limited on them. (75,000 original miles on the bad boy too, 5 speed and no rust whatsoever )

this is just a quick picture of a random 3rd gen: (for those that don't know off the top of their head)
          that pic of the lude is hot. are you going to be modding it or is it a daily driver
          AKA:ONEOFFACCORD

Comment

I love the 3rd Gen Prelude...but only the 90-91 Si. Black or white is the only colors I felt justified those cars. There's a fully loaded red 91 Si in my town owned by an older woman. It's as clean as a new one.

Comment

h22 engine im guessing...what are teh specs on those stock?

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                h22 engine im guessing...what are teh specs on those stock?
                no

EDIT: chances are I should explain myself more fully. its a B20. its basically the red-headed step child of the B-series family, because its not compatible with any of the other B-series engines at all.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no

EDIT: chances are I should explain myself more fully. its a B20. its basically the red-headed step child of the B-series family, because its not compatible with any of the other B-series engines at all.
                  interesting i did not know that.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    no

I could be mistaken on this...but I swear you could run the B16 intake manifold on the B20. If I recall its not a simple bolt in, as some modifications are needed, but I guess its like us running the H23/H22 Euro-R manifolds on the F and H respectively.

Comment

Also, does anyone else notice that the Prelude in the 1st post has a complete lip/sideskirt/rear lip setup off the CD5?

Comment

nahh...swap in a f22a with obd1 wiring harness and turbo the thing.....build another f22a for heavy boost later. But I like to have one personally.
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

major ditto bout the lip...
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            I could be mistaken on this...but I swear you could run the B16 intake manifold on the B20. If I recall its not a simple bolt in, as some modifications are needed, but I guess its like us running the H23/H22 Euro-R manifolds on the F and H respectively.
                            yea, you can on the CRV B20, but I think the one in the prelude is a totally different engine . . . This is, of course, only what Ive heard though. Some parts may be compatible, but you cant swap another B-series in there.
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Sorry I faovor the 4thgen the most the 5thgen looks to linear. The 4thgen is just right for me

Comment

Working...
                              X