No announcement yet.

My accord caught on fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the wisest purchases I ever made. Only $9.96 + Tax at Wal-Mart. I placed it where I could easily reach it from my driver's seat.

Comment

Hey it's Pee-tah Griffin!
      Yeah 10 bucks ain't bad at all...I thought that was your front seat when I saw the shifter. At a price like that, I'd be a dummy not to. I'll see what our "W" has in stock in a day or two.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Fairly intense story. Tools would have made it easier, too. Got my backpack full of my tools in my back seat at ALL times.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by erikm
          Awww, I would flip out... glad it didnt turn out bad..
          reminds me of when my ex's sister set her older sisters toyota totally on fire in the same manner.

hehe, what a bimbo, she goes to CVS to get something and sets the car on fire

The FD had to put it out!

Comment

In a situation with the hood up anyone could have paniced you rbest bet in a situation where something is glowing red or you smell something funny is to not panic and disconnect the battery immediately. The battery is the one supplying the extra juice to supply the burn in a situation where fluid is about to combust our of the radiatior your best bet is to leave the hood closed and come back after 2-3 hours tops just to be on the safe side . Thank god you werent hurt though .

And that goes for everyone else here on the board too if you know something is about to fail double check on it and try to handle it. As for leaves in the engine bay you all know better. Espeically those asshoels who drive in front of you who just so happen to smoke and throw their cigarettes from out of the window not giving a damn. That little cigarette happens to get caught in where the leaves are all bunched up at and you dont know about it. Be prepared !

Comment

I was talking to someone about 6 or 7 years ago in which the exact same thing happened. He was driving his '90 or '91 accord to work when something catches on fire on the freeway. Pulls over and finds out the alternator is on fire. He used dirt to put it out. After hearing how much it would cost to get the car towed off of the freeway, he decides to drive it to work. Had no more problems with the fire and just had to buy another alternator.

Glad everything turned out okay for you.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Glad it wasn't worse than it was. Damn...

*makes all stereo connections neat*

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

geez, im glad it wasn't worse, it could have been your whole engine up in flames. Damn, i would be in tears if that happened, and like other tuners on here, i always gots some tools in the back if something like this occurs. I'm glad your cars alright overall, and im glad your alright.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Yeah we have tools at the house but they mostly belong to my dad and he wouldn't like me keeping them for myself.

I wanted to disconnect the battery but without tools it was next to impossible. I have my battery connectors on tight. You can't wiggle them loose; if you pull hard you will likely pull the terminal off the battery.

I was very determined not to let my car go up in flames. I'm just surprised the alt never gave me much of a warning. It never squealed, it never let the battery die, it never gave me a reason to think it would soon be dead. But that's just the way it worked out.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X