Camera gods I got a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera gods I got a question.

Whats a good digital camera besides the SLR models that will take quality jaw dropping pictures that has high mega pixel, but cheap enough? I been looking around Circuit City, Best Buy, Comp USA, Sears, Walmart, Target, ebay looking for a good camera to buy. My budget is around atleast $300. So basically I'm asking for a good point and shoot digital camera thats in my budget, but has enough pixels over 5.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

canon A610.

Comment

either that or an a95 they are very similar cameras

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

its not about the megapixels man, thats forsure. That aside, my canons have never let me down.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          its not about the megapixels man, thats forsure. That aside, my canons have never let me down.

I see I'm a complete noobie to this. Every comment counts.
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

for that price range, canon is your best bet. Nikon is a good brand for their high end products, but for their point and shoots, they are made poorly.
            Try looking at the
            Canon A610
            Canon SD450
            Canon SD400

Brands to steer away from
            Kodak
            Olympus

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
              for that price range, canon is your best bet. Nikon is a good brand for their high end products, but for their point and shoots, they are made poorly.
              Try looking at the
              Canon A610
              Canon SD450
              Canon SD400

Kodak
              Olympus

i have a kodak and it works fine, i took this pic @ 1/1000 shutter speed too (yes the fan was running)

oh and my friend has olympus as well, i think his works great too.
              considering that Chan is a beginner and wont probably be adjusting aperature, white balance, shutter and ISO and all that BS...i wouldnt recommend a hard to use camera.
              personally, i think my Kodak works pretty damn well...
              good camera review places:
              http://www.dcresource.com/
              http://www.steves-digicams.com/

check fatwallet.com (hot deals) for some awesome pricing on cameras, i believe there was a deal for a Canon A520 or 510? for like 180...
              Last edited by wed3k; 12-06-2005, 12:09 AM.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k

i have a kodak and it works fine, i took this pic @ 1/1000 shutter speed too (yes the fan was running)
                Very nice. I always wanted to be a professional photographer, but my parents threaten to disown me if I did (its an asian thing) they think if I major in computers I will make better living etc etc. So I'm going to do it as a hobby.
                "form follows function."
                Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                  Very nice. I always wanted to be a professional photographer, but my parents threaten to disown me if I did (its an asian thing) they think if I major in computers I will make better living etc etc. So I'm going to do it as a hobby.
                  same...my mom goes, "Photography is just a HOBBY!"
                  i was like

but yea, canon and sony's have very nice lens. a larger lens will be able to capture more light and also look for a camera with attachable lens such as telephoto, wide angle and fish-eye lens.
                  so when you do get more experienced, you can play around with them.

check out this review...
                  pretty much no cons
                  http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona520/
                  id highly suggest it, it is going for around 170 off of dell.com (plus you can use more coupons)
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

When it comes to camera's, everyone has personel opinions. I sell point-and-shoots everyday, and the most returns and complaints we have are with Kodaks and Olympus's. I've been into photography for about 7-8 years now, and i've heard many more negative remarks about kodak's and olympus's than anything.
                    And when i give my opinion about camera's, i look for more than a simple "click and there is your picture", and that is my problem when people ask me about camera's lol. Some people just need to shoot some random shots of their kids or a family get together, and i always forget that ha.
                    Kodak is a good begininers camera, but thats where it about ends for me. Their quality is just subpar, and their printers are very good at all compared to the competition.
                    Point-and-shoot Canon's are not a hard to use camera at all.

I am not trying to downtalk you or your friends camera's whatsoever, im just stating my personal opinion. So please don't take any offense.
                    Last edited by 97Lude; 12-06-2005, 12:32 AM.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                    www.maketradefair.com

Comment

When it comes to camera's, everyone has personel opinions. I sell point-and-shoots everyday, and the most returns and complaints we have are with Kodaks and Olympus's. I've been into photography for about 7-8 years now, and i've heard many more negative remarks about kodak's and olympus's than anything.
                      And when i give my opinion about camera's, i look for more than a simple "click and there is your picture", and that is my problem when people ask me about camera's lol.
                      Kodak is a good begininers camera, but thats where it about ends for me.
                      Point-and-shoot Canon's are not a hard to use camera at all.

I am not trying to downtalk you or your friends camera's whatsoever, im just stating my personal opinion. So please don't take any offense.
                      totally understand, my first one that came to me didnt work and it was brand new and sealed in the box...the 2nd one works great so preach on brotha.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

I have a Fuji S5000. Full of features and excellent pictures. What I have figured out is the lens is the first thing you should be looking at. My Fuji has a 10X optical lens. I try to stay out of the digital zoom because when your in digital zoom the camera isn't reproducing the actual pixal. It looks at the one to it's right, and left and calculates what it probably is. When looking at how many mega-pixals to have on your camera....
                        6M for 8X11 pictures
                        3M for 5X7 or 8X11
                        2M for 4X6 or 5X7
                        1M for 4X6

These numbers are for uncropped pictures. I always leave my camera set on 3M so I can crop them down to 4X6 prints that are still the image quality of a 35mm film photo.
                        It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Try looking at the
                          Canon A610
                          Canon SD450
                          Canon SD400

Kodak
                          Olympus
                          I completely agree, ive had lots of hands-on with family/friends cameras, definately wasnt satisfied with the Nikon P&S build quality and weird noises from the zoom, for me, as far as entry level SLR and pro amateur to pro, there are only two players, Canon and Nikon. opinions may vary.haha

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

you cant go wrong with canons. When yer lookin at the cameras try and get one that has alot of optical zoom as that will mean the closer you can get to your object the less cropping you potentially would have to do.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Good feedbacks keep them coming.
                              "form follows function."
                              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                              X