Lowered in snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered in snow

i was wonderin how pppl fair in the snow wit there cars dropped, b/c its about to snow in delaware where i live neva had a dropped car in the snow, anything i should do to prepare, i have coilovers should i raise the car up. im on like a 2.5" drop all around i think

just to be safe i brought my coils back up... i'm in NH and it snows REALLY rough around here... and cause sometimes i have to get a rolling start to get up some steep inclines lol so it saves my bumper a little

Comment

i would raise it back up but thats just my opinion

Comment

ya i no yall get hit alot we get like "10 a year but u guys r off the charts. ill keep u i my thoughts

Comment

hahahaha raise that sucka up! raise to stock height...our cars are not snow plows what i do is switch out my suspension for the winter, stock springs and struts for winter but if u don;t want to hassle with that def raise it up! it will save u alot of time, money, and frustration.....trust me
          My members ride thread

Comment

ok thanks alot u think my height wont make it im to lazy to touch it again

Comment

If you don't want to raise your car up in a region that gets snow, then enjoy your honda-made snowplow.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

that sucks for yall...im glad i live in florida...

Comment

if you got the oppurtunity to drive around in an empty parking lot filled with snow you wouldn't be so glad

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
                    if you got the oppurtunity to drive around in an empty parking lot filled with snow you wouldn't be so glad
                    amen to that!

Comment

When you raise your car, make sure you coat your threads in anti-seize, because that will protect them. Some coils are made of aluminum, which will corrode with the road salt and they will cause the coilover to lock up so you can't adjust the coils. It happened to my friend. He had gone through a winter with his car down, and one day he wanted to raise it up a little as he was sick of being so low and he couldn't because his coils locked up.

Comment

suck fnow!!!!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

I don't raise mine at all. At least 2+ all around. Plowing snow is fun. Besides, there are only say 5 days when you actually have to drive in the snow every year. it's not worth it to be riding 4x4 for the entire winter, just because of a little snow.
                          members/ride | the/website
                          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

i had my car dropped + body kit and i NEVER had a problem "plowing snow" if there is enough snow where you are actually "plowing" it with your front bumper. then thats gonna be the least of you problems. your tires are just gonna spin no matter what

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                              i had my car dropped + body kit and i NEVER had a problem "plowing snow" if there is enough snow where you are actually "plowing" it with your front bumper. then thats gonna be the least of you problems. your tires are just gonna spin no matter what
                              same here...minus the boy kit. and im 3+ inches. and we got 30 inches of snow last year. no problems. keeps the oil pan cool.....

Comment

Working...
                              X