Zipcreature's "You are Illiterate" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by br0nx finest
    Not rly, actually, sometimes while people are typing, mainly people with disorders they don't know of, get very impatient/anxious to complete their train of thought.

At this point, they forget to check back on their mistakes. Yes it is an annoying problem, but people do not deserve to be crucified based on that. They should be directed to a site where they could possibly correct their spelling habits. At that point, if they get rude/nasty with you, proceed to own them

A very good point made by Mr. br0nx finest, I am in agreement with him. I see his comments are attempting to be helpful so I am taking them as constructive criticism. I really appreciate his helping out with the threads content.
    Yes I too am guilty of making those quick posts, and God knows my grammar could be better. Perhaps I was not being clear enough in my original post; what is really upsetting are the long run on sentences people are fond of which are so difficult to read, much less understand. Typing in gibberish is also what gets me, I just do not understand why we go to school for years to learn how to communicate thoughts and ideals and then *bam* someone thinks it is clever to type a whole post writen it in a manner that is appalling to read!
    Of course the huge majority of people here, and also the threads, are very clear and coherent. The demographic I am venting towards probably won't ever see this thread; because they have no idea what being illiterate is.
    One last comment before I go drink some coffee, and maybe get some of that delicious Thanksgiving desert . I am very glad that we have this forum, and I'm also not nit picking in any fashion. I even pointed that out in my original post. The individual who mistook what I said can technically "PWNZOOOR" themselves if they want.

Thanks for reading, feel free to nit-pick my posts from now on, its okay. I have no hard feelings, I'm not singling out anyone at all. Anyways I'm going to get some coffee and pie with a nice scoop of ice cream to go along with! Feel free to keep posting here for as long as you care.

PS Here are some links I find very useful in my schoolwork, since my grammar could be stronger ( ).
    http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com/index.html
    http://www.m-w.com/

- Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

I also want an off-set Jay dee emm License plate y0!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        yo wteva im juss tryin to poss like yall KNOW ME RIGHT? i pos maddd good inf. but they alwayswan na get mad at my pOsts cuzz i dont spell rtie but you get wut im sayin like it dsent mattr hyw it cones out you get the point you knwo? i think i blu a dstrut ne 1 knoi we're theyr at? my mom has struts on her rx300 trunklid but our car doesnt have themdo we even have struts?
        Hehe this was really funny! Nice work! You really gave me a nice laugh out of that. I can appreciate someone who sees the humor in situations.

- Zipcreature
        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

YeH i hAtE WEn PeEpZ N ShiZ FuCcIn DoNt KnO JaCK ShIt Of DeM EnGLISH ISH!! YAH KnO?!? SHiT PiSsES Me OfF. dAs RyTe! BeTtA ReCoGnIzE. MuThA FUCcERz

Comment

School was boring for me. I hated every minute of it.

Of course that could be because the school, in all of it's wisdom, thought it would be a good idea to expell a good innocent kid from school and throw him in a Zero Tolerance program because some dumb kids decided it might be cool to make accusations that he said/did something he didn't do.... I'll give you 2 guesses to figure out who this kid was.

Now I'm a CAD programmer and a Laser Techician.... and I'm sure I make more money than some of the teachers that wanted me out....

Comment

motherfucker i am not american. so kiss my ass
              lmao joke. sometimes u got people from other country. u know what i mean.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Iz sumting wong meng? U No lyKe my speliNg MeNg? U unDazTand mE?
                "form follows function."
                Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                  A very good point made by Mr. br0nx finest, I am in agreement with him. I see his comments are attempting to be helpful so I am taking them as constructive criticism. I really appreciate his helping out with the threads content.
                  Yes I too am guilty of making those quick posts, and God knows my grammar could be better. Perhaps I was not being clear enough in my original post; what is really upsetting are the long run on sentences people are fond of which are so difficult to read, much less understand. Typing in gibberish is also what gets me, I just do not understand why we go to school for years to learn how to communicate thoughts and ideals and then *bam* someone thinks it is clever to type a whole post writen it in a manner that is appalling to read!

- Zipcreature
                  Yea it was just something I noticed, constructive criticism. I didn't mean to offend you, nor have I ever tried to "own" anyone here besides this guy from Queens named "Harold" who had the worst English I have ever seen. I'd love to see his threads digged up. I have no need to own anyone here, because IRL I have a life, and it doesn't revolve around a web-based forum or any little kid shit.

I understand you as well Zipcreature, at no point did I say your key points were invalid all's well that ends well.

PS: I'm glad people took humor in the intial post I had in this thread.
                  '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                  -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                  -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                  -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                  10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                    Iz sumting wong meng? U No lyKe my speliNg MeNg? U unDazTand mE?
                    MaN Ar YeW tRyIn To CoPy MaH sTyL? FrOnTin N ShIeT, No DiZz ReSPeECt N aLL BuT YeR SpeLLiNg SuCKz! Ey Am DaH OrIgN-aL N SHiT! WoRd II yeR MoTHA!

my hand hurts now.

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
                      MaN Ar YeW tRyIn To CoPy MaH sTyL? FrOnTin N ShIeT, No DiZz ReSPeECt N aLL BuT YeR SpeLLiNg SuCKz! Ey Am DaH OrIgN-aL N SHiT! WoRd II yeR MoTHA!

my hand hurts now.
                      Oh mAh GaWD U iz sO KoOl mEnGz! DiZ ShIEt Iz OfF Da HoOk HoMiE! Mah SpElLiNg Iz dA hAxOr!!! WOrD tO Yo PaPA!
                      "form follows function."
                      Louis Sullivan

Comment

<3 chessboxer
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Yo ZIP, it's just an internet accord forum. relax bro. the sun will still rise tomorrow, everything will be ok. i promise. .............on the other hand i never really got how saying ******teh**** was cool. you know like "ohh that was t3h win" never really got that.
                          CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Typos, misspellings and poor grammar happen to nearly everyone.

Intentionally pointing out you are uneducated and proud of it by not attempting to master the language --- at least on some level --- is the tragedy in my opinion.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

this is the fucking internet. not everyone takes the time or trouble to spell out every word correctly, or use proper grammar.... so get over it dude... for real... if you want perfection get off the internet because you wont find it here. I didnt even finish reading your rant because it was too long winded, and pretty annoying.
                              Seattle Silver crew #5
                              Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                              ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Zipcreature, you are my hero for writing that. I thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X