Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zip for the goddamn win.

Comment

Ive gotta agree with you Zip. I can understand spelling errors, or a few gramatical mistakes, but . . . if I cant read your post, and Im in the middle of reading a fairly interesting thread, and your post contains pertinent information, it really pisses me off that I have to take so much time to decipher your post.

In response to other peoples responses.

- Hes not asking for 100% perfection, but 75% shouldnt be too much to ask for.
      - This is a laid back place to post, but just because you type fast doesnt mean you should have to type in constant run-on sentences. Use ellipses if you want, I used to do it, and its easy to understand, since its more like listening to someone talk.
      -Don't correct my grammar, its not perfect, I know, but noones asking yours to be either.
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Back from the dead??? I wonder how the hell people find old threads in OT? Don't even try saying search. This is the one section where searching truely is useless (more like time consuming).

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
          Back from the dead??? I wonder how the hell people find old threads in OT? Don't even try saying search. This is the one section where searching truely is useless (more like time consuming).
          . . . wow, I didnt even see the dates on this thread. I thought it looked familiar.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

There was a similar thread in the Beginner Forums... zip linked back to this one, thus resurrecting it.

Being a bad speller is one thing. It's understandable to a certain degree. Poor grammar is also understandable to a point.

However, when you type something like this:

yo wut up peepz i just got bak frm my frindz hose and he sed i need a better motor wut motor can i put in dere cuz u no he has a gsr n i tink that is bad azz wuld i put da gsr motor in my car cuz i dont think it wuld fit i wana race my frend and beet him but it aint gon happen til i get a betr motor how bout da type r motor is dat better dan da gsr i culd beet him wit dat but i dun kno how to put it in anyone wana put a r motor in my acord cuz i cant do it where do i find a r motor anyway thks gfunkmonyout

Yeah... I challenge you to a race, Mr. Gfunkmony... First one to the brick wall wins. Full throttle. I'll even give you a head start.

Comment

The thing is everyone here should be atleast 16+ (having their license) and should know how to spell, I myself have friends perfectly capable of being able to spell but I still get messages from them on msn says "yo guy u got ur egzost?" "yo rele man leme burro ur intake" or "waht tyrs do u hvae?" It drives me NUTS, we all know atleast 99% of the people posting KNOW how to spell but they think they're faster by spamming typos and making pathetic sentences. Anyway I just had to vent that out since I saw the post.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

I love me some grammar Nazis LOL.

OT: SSDH22Accord, best sig EVER.
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

That is all.
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    In response to other peoples responses.

- Hes not asking for 100% perfection, but 75% shouldnt be too much to ask for.
                    - This is a laid back place to post, but just because you type fast doesnt mean you should have to type in constant run-on sentences. Use ellipses if you want, I used to do it, and its easy to understand, since its more like listening to someone talk.
                    -Don't correct my grammar, its not perfect, I know, but noones asking yours to be either.

I knew this was a thread from the dead.. just sounded so old. Anyways, since it is being bumped, I agree with the above. Zip, and every other person that is literate is not asking for 100%. I hated english all through school, mostly because of the joke essays and pointless writing you had to do. But, with how stupid people are these days, I am thankful that I was put through that. I am nowhere near perfect, but I just cannot beleive that I see people on here spelling the word "has" with an "e" on the end. Yeah, sometimes people slip a key.. but these people repeatedly spell basic words incorrectly. Which is really really scary that people like that are even allowed out of school, not to mention allowed to raise kids, drive, vote.. etc.

I dont want to hear about "I grew up in teh ghetto and there was no skewls" because there is no excuse these days. The only way you are guaranteed not to get help in todays society is if you are a non-hispanic white. Anyone else.. can have an abundance of scholarships, grants and whatever else they want. Of course, there are only a small percentage of people that are willing to get off their asses and take advantage of what is being handed to them, but that is a whole different topic.

So that pretty much sums it up for what the majority is saying....

*we dont want 100%.
                    *i know you arent a "gangsta" since you are sitting here online so dont act like one
                    *english is the language.. not any messed up variation of it.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                      I knew this was a thread from the dead.. just sounded so old. Anyways, since it is being bumped, I agree with the above. Zip, and every other person that is literate is not asking for 100%. I hated english all through school, mostly because of the joke essays and pointless writing you had to do. But, with how stupid people are these days, I am thankful that I was put through that. I am nowhere near perfect, but I just cannot beleive that I see people on here spelling the word "has" with an "e" on the end. Yeah, sometimes people slip a key.. but these people repeatedly spell basic words incorrectly. Which is really really scary that people like that are even allowed out of school, not to mention allowed to raise kids, drive, vote.. etc.

I dont want to hear about "I grew up in teh ghetto and there was no skewls" because there is no excuse these days. The only way you are guaranteed not to get help in todays society is if you are a non-hispanic white. Anyone else.. can have an abundance of scholarships, grants and whatever else they want. Of course, there are only a small percentage of people that are willing to get off their asses and take advantage of what is being handed to them, but that is a whole different topic.

*we dont want 100%.
                      *i know you arent a "gangsta" since you are sitting here online so dont act like one
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by aero

*we dont want 100%.

I have to agree to a point, but even caucasian people can get quite a bit on free schooling. It is just they expect more, so someone would have to do alittle bit of work to get the aid to attend school...

You don't have to be perfect, just put some honest effort into a post before posting it.. You aren't 50cent, and if your posting on the internet on a forum...Odds are you aren't much of a gangsta either... So make thinks easier for all your fellow CB7tuners and not abuse the english language to the point it makes you a joke.
                        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

same shit in the big kid forum i see.

the worst i usually see on here is when people post crazy run on sentences. that and when they use clever replacements. 2 and 4 are numbers. they are not meant to be used in place of words.

i swear next time i see somebody post some stupid shit im just going to translate it for them so the normal people here can understand.

Comment

The run-on sentences get to me A LOT! They are the hardest posts to read because they change ideas so quickly that I'm lost after a couple of lines, even after one sometimes! Spelling I can deal with, for the most part, as long as I can understand the jist of it.
                            Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

spelling is no biggie to me...i understand what they are talking about......some ppl had poor schooling, drop'd out of school, .....or you just got ppl who really don't give a shit.......if you understand them WHY be upset about the spelling.....O.K i can understand the ...WHOLE typing in some language or something....
                              ...........example>...yeah and go i race two lights he was tall.....so go ftw...and yo hood rocks and gel grease...................<

what the fuck is that about...than there is a reason to open your mouth about it.....or just ignore it..... ...

like u know wut i;m say'n son straight hood style cuz'n............lol

Comment

some of you guys need to get some ass (if you dont know that means to have sex) and then you will feel happy about life again.

Comment

Working...
                                X