Never use Fandango.com .. read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never use Fandango.com .. read this

I'm pissed off about some stuff that happened on Friday with buying movie tickets online. I figured this would be as good a place as any to post my rant, and hopefully I can sway a few people into never using fandango.com and their shitty excuse for a business. Anyway, for my story... So my girlfriend was really wanting to see the new Harry Potter movie that just came out, and I figured I would make sure we got a ticket by buying it online. I got it for the late Thursday night showing at 12:00 which was the first showing of it. They had like 4-5 different ones listed, but of course I wanted to get the first one. So I buy the 2 tickets then we go to the movie only to find out that Fandango listed extra movie times that didn't really exist. So I had paid for a ticket, but I didn't have a seat because there really was no 12:00 showing. I guess they just did this to get extra money because they oversold more than one showing.

Well needless to say I was pretty fucking pissed because I wanted to see Harry Potter god damnit ... so I wrote them a nice email. It's a little exaggerated because I don't have a kid(nor did I dress up heh ), but I figured it might get more of a response....

"I really want to know how hard your job could possibly be? Whenever you list movie times is it really that difficult to make sure you are putting up a movie time that actually exists. I ordered tickets for the 12:00 a.m. showing of Harry Potter only to get to the theater and find out that no such showing exists. So now I'm completely screwed over after dressing up with my kid and going on a 30 minute drive to the theater. I have no idea how you are going to reimburse me not only for my tickets, but my wasted gas and time spent writing you retards this message. I expect my credit card to be refunded fully or I will contact my credit card provider to file fraud complaints and have the charges dropped. You will actually be really lucky if I don't sue this worthless website for false advertising along with the hundreds of other people you successfully pissed off tonight. I will never use your website again, and I gaurantee you I will post flyers all around my college campus to make sure all 46,000 other students see how shitty you are. Everytime your cheesy, annoying advertisements come on in the theater I will yell for the whole theater to hear so they know you suck as well. Your job is so easy you could teach monkeys on crack to do it. Yet, in your infinite wisdom you found a way to screw it up. I sincerely hope I run into a Fandango employee at the zoo, special olympics, or wherever else retarded primates hang out because I would love nothing more to give them a golden shower. You suck at selling movie tickets Fandango, really you just suck at life."

So I would really advise people just to buy tickets in advance from the theater instead of online, and pass it on to others to never buy from Fagdango.

thanks for the heads up

1991 Accord LX

Comment

hahaha that message is awesome, i want to send one like that now because after reading that i hate them too.
      FA1

Comment

Going to the theatre when they open to buy tickets owns you

I watched Harry Potter Saturday with no problems...

Comment

Yeah, in the future I will just drive my lazy ass to the theater to pick up tickets instead. I just wanted to warn everyone else to do the same.

Comment

I stopped reading after you put a question mark at the end of a statement.

[/grammar nazi]
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

If I were as mad as you seem to be, I would have taken the time to at least write a more serious letter and hopefully get a better response.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

my friend and i have used it and we dont have any problems with it.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well in a non-serious letter I didn't take the grammar too seriously...nobody really does on the internet anyway. I thought about writing them a serious letter, but I really figured there was no point. The best they would do is refund my money which doesn't matter anyway because I already am getting it taken off of my credit card. So I figured I might as well let them know how I really felt.

I had used it once or twice before with out having trouble too, but all it really takes is one time. I'm just saying that it's really not worth doing it online and risking getting screwed out of a ticket.

Comment

well i did the same thing for Harry Potter. We went at 12.25am. it worked fine for me. just slide the credit card at the little booth and *ding* two tickets. great movie but they cut to much out from the book but the time listing could of just been an error in the area code listing or what not. but just becuase they listed more time doesn't mean its there fault could of been the place you were going.

Comment

you did'nt miss much on th hp movie.

Comment

just had to say that they probably have the worst commercials in the history of advertising...

that is all
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                          just had to say that they probably have the worst commercials in the history of advertising...

that is all
                          "you have the power of fandango my son...you it wisely." (w/ english accent)
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
                            well i did the same thing for Harry Potter. We went at 12.25am. it worked fine for me. just slide the credit card at the little booth and *ding* two tickets. great movie but they cut to much out from the book but the time listing could of just been an error in the area code listing or what not. but just becuase they listed more time doesn't mean its there fault could of been the place you were going.
                            It was definitely their fault. They listed extra times that the movie theater didn't really have. They also sold tickets to the other showings once they were already sold out. I got to see it the next day, and I thought it was pretty decent movie. It wasn't my favorite out of the series though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22

I sincerely hope I run into a Fandango employee at the zoo, special olympics, or wherever else retarded primates hang out because I would love nothing more to give them a golden shower.
                              wow thats helarious id give them a golden shower too

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X