Proposed idea for venting section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposed idea for venting section

OK, I bought my white '90 CB7 in November and I've had nothing but problems with my car. I've spent over $1500 in repairs and I haven't even had the time or money to spend any of that money on modifying the car. A few weeks ago a bearing in the transmission got screwed and my transmission was making so much noise. Thought it was the clutch and my auto tech teacher even concurred with my diagnosis(sorry for the big words). I replaced the clutch with an Exedy unit from Kabuki and we got it all reassembled and the noise persisted. That's when we found out that it was the transmission. I'm going to need a new transmission and pay a labor charge for something that could have been done a lot easier when I already had the transmission off. I'm spending all this money on a car that I thought was a gem and it still is not any faster. I still have so much further to go just to get it back to factory specs on quality. All ball joints and bushings are shot to crap, the paint is faded very bad, and the every other problem associated with a 14 year old car with 181,000 miles on it. It's 100% factory, at factory height, and factory wheels. Nothing about my car is nice in any way except the interior. And even that is maroon. I've put a black dash in and painted the shifter console but haven't gotten the shifter console put in because I haven't gotten around to buying a shift boot for it. I wouldn't even have needed a shift boot had I not had to cut it off to get it out. There's dents in the driver side fender, adhesive left on the doors from those dumb black rubber strips that go on there to prevent damage when opening doors in tight parking spaces, and the trunk is also misaligned. Why is that? I've seen other Accord trunks with that same condition. Oh well, it's the second CB7 I've owned and it looks like both times I've been standing right under the lemon tree when I made the purchase. Oh well, who cares. If I just throw more money into it, it will be a good, dependable, quick, clean car. No biug deal. In addition to quick access to a lemon tree, I also have in my posession...a money tree.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

so...we're just supposed to vent all our frustrations here? Does that include problems not associated with the car also cause i gotta lot of those. I think you should re-title the thread "Bitch like a little bitch here" lol
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

With a little elbow grease and $1000 tops you can make that car worth owning. With $4000, you can make it own 75% of the cars on the road. Have fun with it man! When something breaks, upgrade! When you can't afford it, find a way! Figure out what you need done, and find the cheapest route. I'm taking my car to Maaco on Monday, and I bought a new Certifit hood 2 days ago ($43)... So, for $665, I'm having 2 panels stripped, one cancer spot cut out and re-welded, a new hood (installed myself, of course) and an brand spankin new stock paint job! Credit cards and food service jobs make it all happen...

I have no complaints about my car, exept all the annoying squeaky gremlins running around... I look forward to fixing all that though. That's the fun of having a CB7!

Comment

macco? THats the worst place to get your car painted.. after a year it peels but they are cheap for paintjobs

Id go to a place that has good pointjobs

Comment

Eh, for $600, I can get all my bodywork done, as well as have my car painted. At a real shop, that would cost me close to $2000. I think it's worth it. I've seen enough Maaco paint jobs to know that they aren't all bad... You just need to go to the right one. 92accordDX has a Maaco job... Their cheapest job, and it lasted him 2 years so far. The only blemishes are where he scratched it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            macco? THats the worst place to get your car painted.. after a year it peels but they are cheap for paintjobs

Id go to a place that has good pointjobs
            this car has a maaco paintjob

you get what you can afford. here's the thread on paint options for those interested. i've seen good paint jobs from supposedly crappy places (like the one above) and bad paint jobs from supposedly superb places.

jarrett, we all run into trouble with our cars. unfortunately it comes with the territory. before i switched wheels, i got 4 flat tires in 6 months on the same rim. finally got different rims and was going to keep the old tires, only to find out another tire needed to be replaced as well. 5 tires in 6 months .

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

haha i like that paintjob accually but ? for that since your getting a paintjob you want to take the tails out and everything off the car lights etc. How do you get it to a shop tow it? etc? Well my friend wanted to know so i had to ask

Comment

speaking of venting and paint jobs...theres fucking overspray on my car now!!! This shit better come off reeeeal easy!
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                X