haha...Its alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha...Its alive!

As some of you may already know, I bought yet another CB7 about a month ago (my 4th CB7 purchase in the last 6 months). Its a clean-ass frost white 92 LX 5spd.

For those that don't know, this car was towed into our dealership with a "died while driving" complaint. Turns out, the balance shaft seal popped out and the motor seized up (the cam locked up and actually broke in half) ...big suprise huh, I told ya'll this was a serious problem. Anyway, obviously it needed a new engine but the customer declined the repair and said he was just going to have it towed to the junkyard. So long story short, I ended up buying the car from the customer for $500. I picked up a new head from the boneyard and overhauled it. The bottom end of the original engine wasn't completely locked up but all the bearings were in bad shape, so I went through the entire thing. All new rings, rod bearings, main bearings, balance shaft bearings, waterpump, thermostat, seals, gaskets, belts, hoses, radiator, clutch, etc etc etc.... just about everything under the hood is brand new OEM.

All and all, I have a grand total of $1200 invested into this car and it was worth every penny. I've been driving it for about a week now, and it runs like a bat out of hell. Anyway, just thought I would share the good news.
    Last edited by mrhonda; 11-16-2005, 01:31 AM.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

I wish I could rebuild cb7's in my spare time *sniff*

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

good stuff.. should of swapped an h22 on it. then youd be haulin more ass

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        I wish I could rebuild cb7's in my spare time *sniff*
        The thing is..this spare time is time hes actually paid for..and I hate him for it
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

nice Cory, glad to hear its up and running...now no excuses for you to miss the TX meet on the 18th if i can save enough, perhaps we can go through with the tb package on the f22...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Corey, did you do this at Ricky's joint in Sanger or was this at HCMcK? I thought everone was persona-non-grata there for doing other than the shop's work.

PS: let me know what you want to do with the tranny. Sanger?

Badass about getting the ride up and running. Its exactly like the one that was wrecked, no?
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I need to dig up that info about the balance shaft seal you provided so long ago... I'm not sure what kind of abuse my seemingly strong F22 has gone through. Seeing as it's a turbo project, I don't need to snap anything! Glad to hear you got/built yourself a gem though! I didn't know about this one

Comment

Any pics of the newest ride?

This thread reminds me that I'm about 4K from my second T-Belt, Water Pump replacement. Gotta remember to tell the guy to replace the balance shaft seal!
                "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                  Any pics of the newest ride?

This thread reminds me that I'm about 4K from my second T-Belt, Water Pump replacement. Gotta remember to tell the guy to replace the balance shaft seal!
                  balance shaft seal RETAINER!
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
                    good stuff.. should of swapped an h22 on it. then youd be haulin more ass
                    eh, I considered it...but this is not going to be my hot-rod, I have some other upcomming projects that I'd rather spend the money on. I mainly just wanted to get this one running, and for it to sufice as a reliable daily commuter.

if you can imagine, I only came across one problem during the entire overhaul...and it wasn't really a big deal anyway. I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner, but the head I picked up from the boneyard came off a 91...and as everyone knows 90/91's have an external coil. 92's + has a boss that sticks out of the head with a threaded bolt hole for the external coil bracket. So later on after the engine was all put together, I went to bolt the coil on the engine I realized that there was no bolt hole there! So anyway, there is only one bolt holding the coil on instead of two (the other bolt hole is on the intake) ...oh well, like I said, not really a huge problem but I can't beleive I overlooked that when I set out to find a head. Eh, it runs well...and thats all that matters.

oh yeah, you guys probably want to see some pics....uh, they will be comming soon
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

good stuff man, i cant wait t get my new motor in
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

good stuff mang.....i guess you work for honda and get to see used cb7's everyday....
                        i personally hate going into a honda dealership...to avoid teh salesman..those dudes are like sharks....i try to get in and get out... stick and move to the parts section....

thats pretty cool you resotored that car ..good job mang!

Comment

nicely done
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                          X