Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography junkies look!

Need help choosing a digi-camera.

I just got rid of my 3.2 MP Sony (gave it to my sister)
    I want something very small but of high quality and want to spend between $400-$600.

I have been looking at:

Canon Powershot SD450
    Canon Powershot SD550
    Sony DSC-T5
    Sony DSC-P200
    Casio EXILIM EX-S500GY
    Nikon Coolpix S1

I heard Canons are the best, but Sony is good too. I'm confused...

My selection is available at this link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....equestid=10860

If you have any other recommendations, post it up!

Help me out!

Thanks

i prefer fuji.....

Comment

Canon
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

im going to get the kodak Z700, thrs a Z740 and its like 340+
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

canon

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Photography is mostly your skill, not the camera's. Those are all name brands --- please don't make the mistake of thinking one brand is inherently "better" than the other. It's a naive notion, and one you seem ready to make.

Search the internet for some reviews, but take them with a grain of salt as well. Just run a Google search such as "Canon Powershot SD450 review" or whatever. You might stumble upon a place like dpreview.com but don't expect earth-shattering differences in most point-and-shoots.

If you're hoping to find someone here that has already compared all the models you've listed, that would be exceedingly rare, and still only be their opinion.

Since you say they're all available at Best Lie, go and play with them and get a feel for how they work.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by JamesB14
              canon
              agreed canon are really good cameras

Comment

yup, especially with cheap cameras, you def. need to know what it is capable of especially in close and low light conditions. these expensive ones however allow you to change the white balance, ISO and all this other shit. (shutter speeds are fun to play with)
                so yea...
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                  Photography is mostly your skill, not the camera's. Those are all name brands --- please don't make the mistake of thinking one brand is inherently "better" than the other. It's a naive notion, and one you seem ready to make.

Search the internet for some reviews, but take them with a grain of salt as well. Just run a Google search such as "Canon Powershot SD450 review" or whatever. You might stumble upon a place like dpreview.com but don't expect earth-shattering differences in most point-and-shoots.

If you're hoping to find someone here that has already compared all the models you've listed, that would be exceedingly rare, and still only be their opinion.

Since you say they're all available at Best Lie, go and play with them and get a feel for how they work.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=25138

www.dpreview.com

edit: sony sells more cameras overall than canon due to their point and shoots, but canon sells the most digital slr's. with that said, from the bottom up, canon tends to have the best color reproduction.

if you already have memory sticks, than it seems that the sony may be the earlier choice, as with the canon, you'll have to get a compact flash card or a secure digital card (assuming you don't have them). the canon powershot's have been getting pretty good reviews though.
                  Last edited by uncle_el; 11-09-2005, 09:03 PM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i would not buy the sony or kodak. I own two canon's and im very pleased with both of them

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                    www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Ive been using Canon as long as ive been digital, have never let me down.

I dont like Sony, just because of some of the products they make that only accept their own format. Casio should stick to making digital watches. and Nikon, my experience with their P&S is low build quality.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

who's the dude in pittsburg that is an fucking amazing photographer? Can't think of his s/n right now.
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

canon all the way im using a cheap ass canon and i think i can pull off some decent shots i love canon

"Tucking tires and wires."
                          The Chronicles.

Comment

optical zoom

You should look for a camera with a good lens. Picture quality is better when you stay out of the digital zoom range. Look for a camera with atleast 8X optical zoom. I have a Fuji Finepix S5000. Very nice camera.
                            It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

I was waiting for someone to reply to deckeda's post but uncle_el you stole the show. 92accordlxtuner obviously started this thread because he cares about input from his fellow cb7tuner's and is using this thread as a GUIDE from others who have been or are in the market so here's my $0.02:

Personally I dislike Point-And-Shoot. I love the ability to go automatic but enjoy the manual control options as well but it all depends on your ability and where you intend to take your photos (what application - basic, advanced, combo, etc.).

I have the Kodak DX6490. Another member got it too: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=kodak

Great zoom at 10x, manual control for ISO, white balance, shutter speed, f-stop, etc.

But I agree w/ everyone in the quality that Canon cameras produce amazingly crisp/clear quality captures.

So all in all that above Kodak (which I think is now replaced with the z7590 5.36 megapixels) and Canon brand cameras are good contenders.

BTW, unlimited video recording (on the DX6490 and others) also rocks
                              Last edited by cyclonus_cb7; 11-10-2005, 12:37 AM.
                              www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X