Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL!!! First time in a Civic this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL!!! First time in a Civic this weekend...

Well maybe not the first. I did sit in a raggedy EG hatch for like 30 seconds but that car was barely running. Anyways, it was...interesting. Here's the rundown:

96 EJ DX coupe:
    Exterior: Full Si garb w/yellow fogs, blackhoused headlights, Type-R lip, Si badges
    Engine: STOCKIE D15!!! I/H/E, MSD ignition stuff
    Suspension: Neuspeed Sport (I thought it was race though), Early GS-R rims
    Audio: Pioneer H/U+subs+amp, Kenwood components.

He was having problems with the radio "memory" and the left front speaker not playing at all...so we tore into the dash. The power was coming from the accessories line, which meant the HU reset everytime the car turned off...I fixed that w/a direct line to the battery. In hindsight I should probably get him to put a fuse in line with it (just in case)...and I hardwired the speaker under the dash. Made $20 for basically nothing...

As far as the Civic itself, it was not bad at all. The back seat= inhabitable, and the layout of everything was kinda cool too. I didn't really get to drive it or ride in it in motion, but I heard the engine...headers really open the sound of a car up. I was surprised.

So all in all it was pretty impressive. He needs a new clutch and is thinking of swapping...I had to laugh when he said 'B16s are like single cams now'......very true. In any case, just wanted to share my "experience"...or I should say DX-perience. Expect a photoshoot soon...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

You ran a wire straight to the battery for his radio???? You mean you could not tap the other things that get constant power inside the car, like the cigarette lighter...And yes, Civic DX rice power... . Then again, I even hate the replacement motor known as the B16 VTAK....

Comment

No...I should have mentioned his car was stolen and recovered, and they cut the stock harness, so the wiring was ALL messed up. There's 2 12V lines; one's for the accessories and one's for the battery. The accesories one is a signal for the radio to turn on; the battery one is always on, and that's where the radio power comes from. Since it's always on the radio uses that line to power its memory, which keeps the settings/tracks you had when the car turned off...

His car looks good though; no stupid kit or anything. I can't wait till he gets his clutch done so I can race and BEAT him...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Oh. In that case, yeah...I am too lazy to fix all the wiring my damn self. He would have to pay me like a couple hundred for that to happen.

And if he gets a ACT clutch/flywheel combo he will PWN you like nothing.

Comment

Dude, like you said the least you can do is stick a fuse between there.I dunno how many amps a radio draws?

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
            Dude, like you said the least you can do is stick a fuse between there.I dunno how many amps a radio draws?

ILBB
            less than 10 amps on most decks. Will use way less if you arent using the internal amp on the deck.

Comment

I really like the EKs...may pick up one as my next whip
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Dude, while they aren't that bad, I could never downgrade to a Civic, unless it was the new Si (which looks weird IMO)...my next car's gotta be a V6er.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  Dude, while they aren't that bad, I could never downgrade to a Civic, unless it was the new Si (which looks weird IMO)...my next car's gotta be a V6er.
                  i "downgraded" to a civic and am much more pleased with the way parts actually work on the civic. they dont have common problems like the cb7 did i went through 2 cb7's and over a 4 years spand they both had the same problems. the only thing i like better about the cb7 is the seats........plus this thing is way quicker than both of my accords were.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                    i "downgraded" to a civic and am much more pleased with the way parts actually work on the civic. they dont have common problems like the cb7 did i went through 2 cb7's and over a 4 years spand they both had the same problems. the only thing i like better about the cb7 is the seats........plus this thing is way quicker than both of my accords were.

Yeah the Accord had a slew of problems mostly with rust..poor welded spots in the trunk area.

Id rather down grade than get another 15 year old car thats just gonna eventually wear out.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I hate Civics. Kids with no cash always get them and break into the ones that have more crap than they do. I am so glad I sold my green bubble. Parked it outside for 1 day, tach was stolen.

Comment

if i had the D15 motor, i would have to be on prozack. haha. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

o my ! i didnt read your post, but im sorry you had to go thru that, being in a civic and all, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                          X