Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, time for this controversy to end. Ricky made his point, and all the others members made their point.

If you all really think we need to make a BIG change, feel free to e-mail me at rebels@tampabay.rr.com or send a PM or e-mail to one of the mods or Steve. As we are always trying to improve this place, sometimes the line is crossed.

In my honest opinion, I don't think Jboyce needed to be warned/banned about the title, but I agree with Ricky to an extent. He kindly asked him to change the title, all he had to do was edit his post and nothing would have happend. Ricky took action, no problem with that. Thats what us moderators are supposed to do.

If Jboyce sees that he was acting childish, when he returns he will straighten his act up.. simple as that. As most of you others said, it's a internet web board.. if you want to leave go right ahead. We're not going to bust our balls to keep a few members here who are weary about leaving for such a stupid reason.

The OG members WHO have been here from the start (me, ricky, uncel el, accordwarrior, 97lude, ect..).. we have ALL probably said something that deserved a warning, and someone took offense to it BUT we changed the title in order to prevent a bitch war from ocurring.

PM me or another mod or e-mail me if you have any further bitching or questions.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Well... I don't think I'm going to close this. One of the others perhaps, but not me. Let's get all this out in the open.

First off, enforcing the rules fairly and NOT allowing offensive behavior to continue on this site is the job of the mods. Power trip? I don't think so. Ricky was doing his job as it should be done. Simple as that. He didn't ban jboyce without talking to him first. He's also not banned permanently. We do our best to keep this community fair and right for everyone.

A power trip is permanently banning someone because they called you out in a PM. None of the mods here would be so unfair. Break the rules, you get consequenses. You will always be given an option to right your wrong first, if that option is availible.

MOST of the issues here are in OT. If you don't like it, stay out of this part of the forum! The rest of the board is pretty orderly, with very little drama. Nobody seems to have issues with the mods doing their jobs there!

And finally... if you don't like it, leave. Nobody is required to pay to be here at the moment. Donating gets you absolutely no special treatment, it just helps keep the site around. That is all. 3000+ members and growing... I'd like to see EVERYBODY stay. However, this site relies on nobody (aside from Steve, since without him paying the bills, we wouldn't have a site!).

@ Adam closing it just before I say "I'm not closing this" I guess it's served it's purpose!

Comment

wow, interesting thread. i suppose i'll start from the beginning.

1st. 2 threads on the same day, about the idiocy one person sees in another group of people. [mike] chooses to title his thread appropriately: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=33691 and jboyce apparently chooses to use a word that many would find offensive, including his friend/roommate/cousin/whatever.

2nd. rickyduckworth/fizzbob7 is a good guy, and a very good moderator. he sticks to his guns and he has his principles. he tells it like it is, no matter who you are. if he disagrees, he doesn't sit by the wayside and let things slide, he'll be vocal about it. some people see it as a good thing, some people see it as a bad thing. but i never question his intentions, because they're always in the right place.

3rd. people need to get beyond thinking that the internet is not the real world. it sure seems real when people get scammed on this site, or any other internet site for that matter. while we are working to correct the problem, perhaps we should just stop and say "the internet's not real". i'd think that wouldn't fly with most people. add to that, people can and have been prosecuted for crimes via the internet :
        http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/interne...eut/index.html. and if the internet's "not real", i guess all of those guys who try to meet kids on the internet, to try and meet in person and get some ass should just tell the fbi and police "the internet's not real". again, it doesn't fly.

4th. back to the original point about insulting/derogatory/offensive words. if you've ever been a mod on any board, you know how many people may pm you with issues. if you haven't been, you wouldn't know. that's not to say that you can't say anything, but just to let everyone know that there are plenty of issues that people don't bring out publicly.

i'm actually surprised at jboyce's actions, given that i thought he had turned a corner with the new job, new apt. etc. but it seems that perhaps he's taken a step or 2 back.

i've had plenty of members pm or e-mail me, and exchanged plenty of pm's (some cordial, and some not so cordial) without a member bringing it out publicly. you can agree to disagree, without coming publicly and calling someone a pussy.

which brings me to my closure, jboyce wasn't even banned for his questionable thread title, but rather because he asked for it (please refer to thread title for understanding).

i wholeheartedly agree with the decision to ban jboyce for 7 days. hopefully he can come back with a clear head and better attitude.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

ok, if the most want to post more.. feel free. i'm closing it again for now because every opinion has basically been stated.

deevergote, cpmike, accordwarrior, me.. PM one of us if you feel it NECESSARY to reply further.
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Is it considered abuse of mod power to post in closed threads?

Comment

Working...
            X