Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CB7tuner.com t-shirt design! Get yours now!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CB7tuner.com t-shirt design! Get yours now!!!

http://www.cafepress.com/cb7tuner

The new CB7tuner.com t-shirt design is in, and I think it totally kicks ass!

My good friend Tim Batten did the design. Steve (ATX) did the actual shirt layout.

So, to answer possible questions, I'll go into some detail.

Who's Tim Batten? Tim is one of my best friends. I've known him since he was 4. He's currently finishing up at art school in NYC (school of visual arts). I've been bugging him about a shirt design for us for quite some time, and he finally did it! Tim unfortunately does not have a CB7 (yet... I'm working on it!)

Who's car is that in the pic?
    It's a member here. That's shawn.hayden's car.

Why shawn's car?
    Well, I sent Tim the link to the Member's Rides forum, and told him to find something nice. He chose the pic on his own, for his own reasons. Personally (and I believe the other mods agree, at least those I've heard back from) I think shawn.hayden's car is a good blend of everything. He's JDM, but not TOO heavily modded. A little show, a little go, and he didn't completely change the original vibe of the CB7. If one car had to be chosen as a representative for the community, his car is well rounded enough to touch most of the bases. His car was not chosen out of favoritism of any sort. There was no contest. There was no drawing. There were no official decisions made. By sending the objective artist in to find the best pic and best representative of the car, this decision was as random as it could possibly be. Congratulations to Shawn!

What does the purchase price go to?
    Well, MOST of it goes right back to cafepress.com... their prices aren't cheap! A few bucks MIGHT make it back to Steve (accordtunerx, ie ATX) but not all that much. Every dollar counts though, so buying a shirt will definitley be helping th site! Steve uses all money made FROM this site FOR this site. You guys won't be paying for his new Nikes when you buy shirts!

Are the other designs still for sale?
    Of course! The line drawing shirts are still for sale, and perfect for those that want to rep their own model. You now have an option! Fancy and flashy, or simple and elegant (like this site )

Can I get a shirt in black?
    No. I know... it sucks ass! But CafePress.com doesn't give us that option. If anyone knows of a free company like cafepress.com (that makes GOOD quality stuff) that can provide black shirts, we would be glad to check it out! For now, the white shirts will have to do. This new design was made with that in mind, and it looks great on white.

Will there be more designs in the future?
    Who knows! This one was a long time coming, so probably not in the near future... however, that's not to say there won't be new designs!
    Last edited by deevergote; 10-27-2005, 08:14 PM.

Wow, very nice design. What's with the goofy tire size?
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I figured someone would point that out! It's just a part of the general design... I guess seeing as Tim isn't a CB7 guy, a tire is just a tire. Just background noise, basically.

Comment

yay for me car! haha I'll definatly be getting one ASAP!.
        OS^e
        1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

i like the lowered wagon but i couldnt justify paying 17 for an almost blank t-shirt.
          but possibly for thr new design!
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sweet I already Own 2 cb7 shirts and ill get this sometime next week! sweet

Comment

Kick ass design.

Mine.
              "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
              "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

sweet!
                great choice in the car and i love the design!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Im not really feeling the shirt. Although the idea is great.
                  Im guessing the thing that throws me off is that the design looks like is just thrown together.
                  They should have taken their time to actually put something together worth while.
                  Cut the Mombo-Jumbo and give me something plain and
                  simple, but yet, elegant. Much like the real CB7tuner.com

It was also even said that the guy doesnt really know CB7's.

"A tire was just chosen...to him a tire is a tire"

Im like where is the meaning behind it.......

Im not knockin on the guy...im just voicing my opinion...

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

looks like the tire size is 185/75/r14 thats the factory recommended size for LX's (steelies) is it not?
                    OS^e
                    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
                      looks like the tire size is 185/75/r14 thats the factory recommended size for LX's (steelies) is it not?
                      Yeah, you're right, but It doesnt even look like a Steelie.

IDK, theres too many things going on.
                      Too much of that Wobble-Wobble....

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

Yeah, that is right, isn't it?

The purpose was to make a design, not a picture of a car. We already have shirts with pictures of cars on them.

I know the design won't appeal to everyone... it IS rather busy, but that was the intent.

Comment

Looks cool
                          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

very colorful....

Comment

Originally posted by TiTo92E_X
                              Cut the Mombo-Jumbo and give me something plain and
                              simple, but yet, elegant. Much like the real CB7tuner.com
                              there are already plain and simple shirts that are available, as this newly designed shirt is not the only one available for cb7tuner.com enthusiasts. but of course, a true enthusiast would know that, as well as own the shirt!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                              X