What kind of bread do you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of bread do you buy?

I was at the WalMart Supercenter today and they have an entire side of one aisle dedicated to bread. I went in there looking to make sandwiches for when my girls got home from school (field trip day today). I looked and saw white, wheat, crustless, assorted multigrains, split top, potato, pumpernickel, russian rye, jewish rye, dark rye, deli rye, raisin, cinnamon, whole grain, texas toast, king hawaiian, large loaves, small loaves, loaves of any shape and size imaginable.

I decided on some schwarzwald (dark german rye) and split top white. What kind of bread do you pick up at the store when you're out?
    White (regular, crustless or split)
    36.00%
    Wheat (regular or split)
    32.00%
    Multi grain or whole grain ($)
    16.00%
    Rye (deli, jewish, russian)
    8.00%
    Dark (pumpernickel, dark rye, german bread)
    0.00%
    Potato
    4.00%
    Fruity (raisin, cinnamon, blueberry)
    0.00%
    Other (hawaiian, zucchini, jalapeno)
    4.00%
    None- I'm on that whole carb watch thing
    0.00%
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

um bread, idk its just in my house and i eat it

Comment

White.. usually a different brand each week coz of the sales going on. I'm always eating white though.. I grew up with wheat coz I loved it but now white is my favorite.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Wheat/ Multigrain. But Whole Foods has an amazing bakery, and I find myself getting Parmesean Jalapeno bread more and more. And Whole grain w/ walnuts and blue cheese is good too.

Comment

King Hawaiian is a pretty good alternative. Kinda sweet

But usually white

Comment

Usually white but you forgot sourdough bread with butter is very good.
            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

I've got French loaf! (kudos to anyone who knows the origin of that )\

I can't even decide. White is the standby, and great with mushy things. I know, most people think the opposite... but I like liverwurst, PB&J, fried eggs, egg salad, chicken salad, etc... on white. Not alltogether, obviously!

Wheat is good for toast, as is rye.

Multigrain is awesome with turkey sandwiches... also good just to chomp on plain, especially if it has sunflower seeds in it!

Potato is an excelent alternative to white, and smells SO good when toasting.

Pumpernickel is kickass with veggie dip... my girl LOVES that combo.

I never thought of it before, but I suppose I'm a bread enthusiast! My dad always made sandwiches out of EVERYTHING, so I guess I grew up on it! The man would put baked beans on a roll...

Comment

wheat and white
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

White on a regular basis, but Hawaiian bread is the best thing since..well, sliced bread. And my moms homemade banana bread..mmmmmmmmm
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

am i the only potato lover?
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

You Forgot BUTTERMILK!!! It's the shizzle....
                      Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

i get whole grain it tastes good and is good nutrition

Comment

I love just plain white bread, but go for the healthier wheat over it

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                          www.maketradefair.com

Comment

wheat bread all the way, read that weight training thread on here, you'll eat wheat too...lol

Comment

hell yeah i dont touch anything else, just wheat...Arnold 100% whole wheat to be exact....the rest makes you fat!

Comment

Working...
                              X