forgot my laptop password need HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgot my laptop password need HELP!!

hey i forgot my main log in password and my username, i havent been using it lately but now need it for school so i was wondering if there is a way to reset it or any other way around it...thanks for any help guys!!!!
    ohh and its windows 2000 professional if that matters and a toshiba...

Where is AccordWarrior's sig when you need it...

Comment

Windows 2000 is hard to get around the password if it's the admin name. It's a lot more secure.

If you had XP you could restart in safe mode and log in with the administrator name and reset the users password but since you're in 2k.. I might have to do some research.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

ya i tried the safe mode...but like u said sense its 2000 it didnt have that option so thats why i came on here....errr thanks though....

Comment

ill do some research unless you find it by then...

Comment

No help, but a little hope

There is a program that you can download onto a bootable floppy disk that with give you all of the user names and password for each. I have one somewhere in my library of software. If you can't find it on the internet let me know and I will try to find mine.
            It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Rebels, 2k and XP both use NT authentication... if you've forgotten the admin password, safe mode isn't going to do SHIT. It doesn't affect ntlogon at all. If you're talking about the cute little piece of shit XP graphical logon screen, all that's required to get back to the traditional login prompt are a few keystrokes. No safe mode required.

Hanzino, PM me if you still need help. There is a way around this.

EDIT: Nevermind, 93CB7 got it just as I was writing this. If you can't find it I know where to get it... if you help him, I suggest using a PM. I don't tell people how to do this unless they REALLY need it.
              Last edited by Dirty Harry; 10-27-2005, 12:06 AM.

Comment

i think i read an article in 2600 where you load linux on the same HD ..and then you can bypass windows security by reading the data raw... to retreive the password..well i dont think you can decrypt it..but you can write over your old password on the HD so it resets it when you logon back on windows..
                Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 10-27-2005, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X