Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL any one ever heard of a toyota cavalier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Quest and Mercury Villager (no longer in production except for the Quest)
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
      They do... you'd be suprized how much the companies actually share. I always think its funny that the foreign automakers are helping us out, when all the domestic fools think gm/chevy/ford are IT.

I also beleive that there is a nissan van, maybe a quest that is a ford... has ford stamped into the rad. support. I know its some kinda van like that.
      I figured they shared with GM . . . but do they share with honda too? ill take your word for it on ford as well . . . it just seems wierd that they would all use the same exact system. well . . . for a second it does, until I realized how amazingly simple that would make everything.
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

if you look far enough into the RHD.coms you will find other strange names of vehicals that we call something else. like the Mitsubishi GTO, its a 3000 GT in our language.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          not sure where your getting this information
          lol, just google it. you have much to learn my friend .

i believe even the honda hybrids are liscensed on toyota hybrid technology. i know nissan and ford have a deal with toyota hybrid liscensing.

toyota has a monopoly on the hybrids for years to come. everyone is just liscensing the technology from them

Originally posted by google search
          Ford Motor Co. licensed about 20 Toyota patents for its Ford Escape Hybrid SUV, but developed its own 4-wheel-drive system, Hermance says. The Toyota patents cover general areas in the hard parts of the transmission and software.

The Ford agreement is very different from the one with Nissan for the pending Altima hybrid. Nissan will purchase Toyota hardware, software and development aid, Hermance says. It is more of a joint-development program, with both parties committed to ensuring it works.....

Many parts are completely unique to Toyota; no one else knows how to build them, says Williamsen, including motors, semiconductors and a heavy ceramic magnet structure for the motor. One of the few parts involving an outsider is the battery joint venture with Panasonic, and even that would require willingness by Panasonic to invest in a second set of tooling in North America. Panasonic also will supply General Motors Corp. hybrids.
          Originally posted by automobile.com
          Subaru Would Join Nissan as Toyota Hybrid Buyer

"If you cant beat em, join em," seems a fitting expression when referring to Toyotas dominance in the combustion-electric hybrid war currently being played out by the worlds foremost automakers.
          Originally posted by bloomberg.com
          Jan. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Toyota Motor Corp., the world's biggest supplier of gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles, said it may license its system to other carmakers, as demand for vehicles with better fuel economy grows.

The carmaker currently licenses hybrid technology to Ford Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co. The system can potentially be applied to vehicles powered diesel, natural gas, or hydrogen, said Executive Vice President Akihiko Saito in an interview at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
          Last edited by 92accordlxtuner; 10-28-2005, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner
            lol, just google it. you have much to learn my friend .

i believe even the honda hybrids are liscensed on toyota hybrid technology. i know nissan and ford have a deal with toyota hybrid liscensing.

toyota has a monopoly on the hybrids for years to come. everyone is just liscensing the technology from them
            IMA is a parallel hybrid. HSD is a series parallel hybrid. its a different system. IMA cannot run on the electric motors alone, while HSD can. pretty big difference if you ask me.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

Comment

IMA is a parallel hybrid. HSD is a series parallel hybrid. its a different system. IMA cannot run on the electric motors alone, while HSD can. pretty big difference if you ask me.
              um....toyota has over 300 patents filed on hybrid technology. if it has anything to do with hybrid, no matter what type of system, there is a 95% chance they are liscensing some kind of toyota technology if not just rebranding toyota parts themselves.

please, if you wanna feel intelligent, then go teach some kids at your local ymca about 2 & 4 stroke engines or something. don't try to raise the flag when you don't know what in the hell your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner
                um....toyota has over 300 patents filed on hybrid technology. if it has anything to do with hybrid, no matter what type of system, there is a 95% chance they are liscensing some kind of toyota technology if not just rebranding toyota parts themselves.

please, if you wanna feel intelligent, then go teach some kids at your local ymca about 2 & 4 stroke engines or something. don't try to raise the flag when you don't know what in the hell your talking about.
                I love how you edited your post after I posted. anyways, why the fuck are you so belligerent when people challenge what you say? In my first post i was honestly asking a question, I really wasnt sure where you were getting the info, mostly because I hadnt heard that before. in my second post in response to you, all I said were HSD and IMA were different systems. Its not like Im talking out my ass about the systems, I do actually know something about how they work. asshole.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

Comment

I love how you edited your post after I posted. anyways, why the fuck are you so belligerent when people challenge what you say? In my first post i was honestly asking a question, I really wasnt sure where you were getting the info, mostly because I hadnt heard that before. in my second post in response to you, all I said were HSD and IMA were different systems. Its not like Im talking out my ass about the systems, I do actually know something about how they work. asshole.

i didn't edit my post after you posted. i was adding quotes to my post, as orignally intended.

it seemed to me like you have a tendancy to try to undermine anything i post recently. you still have a lot to learn...so do i.

just don't assume everything i post is pulled outta my ass.

(sorry for the insults, but i had to get my point across....no flaming intended, but just because YOU never heard something before, doesn't mean its made up. i have better things to do than impress my "internet buddies" on a message board. if i was being belligerent toward you, it was by accident, sorry....i looked to me like you were trying to call me out for a fool or something to that effect)

later (and sorry for the misunderstanding )
                  Last edited by 92accordlxtuner; 10-28-2005, 11:34 AM.

Comment

OK girls kiss and make up. This isnt a flame thrower board. This is a happy go lucky I love you too board. (well love is going too far but you get my drift?)
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

lol i hope honda never does any crappy deals like this. next thing you know there is gonna be a Honda Mustang powered by Mugen!!!! JDM supercharger!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                        OK girls kiss and make up. This isnt a flame thrower board. This is a happy go lucky I love you too board. (well love is going too far but you get my drift?)
                        feel the at cb7tuner....

Comment

yeah i used to have a j-body . . .if u guys go to j-body.org a lot of the guys are into the JDM craze with there cavs. its mainly just the tail-lights, but a few of the guys get the fender lights and steering wheels, there is one guy on there that was even doing an RHD conversion to his cav. the big thing on there is putting cav front-ends on sunfires.

Comment

I never thought I would see a chevy rebadged as a toyota.
                            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                            registration is free

Comment

Working...
                            X