The Body Kit Poll - Love or Hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Body Kit Poll - Love or Hate?

I personally can't stand them, even if done right...

Takes away from the actual car.

Now before I get shit for this, remember its my OPINION, not FACTUAL.
    Yes
    34.29%
    No
    45.71%
    Undecided
    20.00%
    My CB7

I use to have a body kit on my car. It only stayed on a year before I removed it. It was very impratical for me for daily driving and the police around here were constantly riping me a new one. I love the sleek styling that I have created now with tasteful JDM market parts.

Comment

I have one...I hate it to death. Breaks like its nobody's business. I am selling this damn car and getting another one.

Comment

I used to be a fan of kits (that's y I got 1 on the car now), but it started to become a pain in da ass for daily drivin. When I 1st got it, I was like a 5 yr old on Christmas day. Now, I'm like....damn. Dips and bumps became a bitch to try to avoid, being they're redoin the streets in Richmond. Scrapin became my best friend for a long time. I think I miss the old me in a way (as u can c in my sig). Bye bye to kit, hello to factory bumps wit lips.
        Check out what used to be mine
        Click Here

Comment

i am a fan only if its a clean simple done right kit.

Comment

am a fan of a body kit, but dang it a pain in the ass to get it pass the speed bump and up the driveway. and also pot hole, I think I got use to it already

it has eyes!!!

Comment

imo they arent worth the trouble...fitment...changing your driving routines..i mean its gonna get chhipped scratched no matter what...i likem when tastefully done but i stilldotn think paying hundreds for them is worth it....jus get a lip kit

Comment

I think it comes down to the car really.

Take Billie's car. Would you consider his front bumper a "bodykit"...looks better than the OEM bumper imo.

The Buddy Club rear diffuser bumper...technically a kit...I think its better looking than the OEM parts.

To me if you're going to have a show car...get the kit, fit it well, shave a bunch of things, lay down good paint.

If you're going to have a good driver, a little milder, a little more power...you're good to go.

I'm not anti-kit though.

Comment

Damnit!!! I mean to click NO! I hate body kits with a passion...
                  "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

i absolutely couldnt stand if i had a kit but for some people it works just on a ff honda i dunno why, i feel aero kits are okay on rwd application for some reason

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

i personally hate the fact they are easy to break but i love a body kit on a car it makes it one of a kind. Not really caring for the stock looking cb7's ( sorry , i just dont think they look sporty, and im not a fan of the sleeper car)
                      So yes i like body kits.

Comment

I like certain body kits that are modest and done nicely. I didn't vote because I felt the poll was too general(as oppose to all the body kits out there). Some I hate, some look pretty good.
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                          The Buddy Club rear diffuser bumper...technically a kit...I think its better looking than the OEM parts.
                          Speaking of which I still have my buddy club diffuser laying in my parents basement. I forgot all about it..

I wasn't a fan of my first kit, fiberglass sucks. I slammed my first big mouth so many times.. never broke and rock chips are less prone to happen since they bounce off and not chip the glass.

I like both.. kitted and non.. Bille's car and custom work done to bumpers to be different.
                          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

well, i love my body kit
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

In general, I dont like them.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X