No announcement yet.

GT4... sucks or unnecessarily real???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I love the game. If the car is sliding off the road then tune the car lol. I used to have the same problem in the first 2 until I learned how to too the car for different situations.

Dont get me started on the supra lol. When I first bought the car way back in part 2 I couldn't get that car to handle for anything.... Many many many many suspension tweaks later it rivals my skyline as my fastest street car on the game. Just remember you dont have to floor the gas pedal.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

Sometimes less grip and less HP is better.

Mine.
      "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
      "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

Originally posted by avendi
        less grip? im kinda confused . . .
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

one good tip is to get the "original suspension" YO, "koolkoreanked" nice Vtec smiles you have thats sick

Comment

It's OK. I've done back to back testing and cars are a lot faster (lap time wise) with the same stuff (OK, and aerodynamics stuff). Drifting was tough at first, but now I have the hang of it, and it seems to be more realistic than GT3, although GT3's drifting was much faster and more entertaining.

The only things I don't like are basically anything related to the built in understeer. In GT3 you could do donuts on a car; like if you were nice enough with the DS, you could start a donut and not have to steer it. In GT4, I don't care what you do, you cannot do a donut. The car will not rotate around the front end...and this kind of shows in other aspects of driving. FF cars are impossibly slow in the turns; it's just understeer galore for no reason...

GT2 was a great game though...no GT since has been able to recapture the sound quality of GT2. BOV's were loud and clear, and each car really sounded different...plus tracks like Red Rock whatever and Rome Nights were in the game; I dunno why they got rid of them. Oh well...

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              less grip? im kinda confused . . .
              You know those tires before sports tires? Yeah, less grip.

Mine.
              "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat

Comment

If you know how to tune suspensions, you can drive anything, fast. I love this game, it's all about setting up for turns correctly, if you don't, it's understeer hell. Drifting isn't that hard. Again, it's all about the suspension setup.
                members/ride | the/website
                180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

You know those tires before sports tires? Yeah, less grip.
                  oh, did you mean for drifting? . . . im confused on that . . . . more like, why would you want less grip . . . I think thats what i meant
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i love gt4 because i can actually master the game and apply the techniques to real life since i have the gt4 logitech steering wheel and it is completely sim. me and starkrice always play 2 players but sometimes we wish that arcade mode was more simulated. it really tests out the tuning knowledge u have in real life and most likely if u are a good driver and understand balance in real life then u will be good at this game.

Comment

the only reason less grip would be better is for endurance so the tires will last longer. otherwise theres no reason a car with superior grip would lose to a car with less grip should lose. was there something i missed?

Comment

Originally posted by r3vmixman
                        the only reason less grip would be better is for endurance so the tires will last longer. otherwise theres no reason a car with superior grip would lose to a car with less grip should lose. was there something i missed?
                        Yeah, we're talking about GT4 the real-to-nothing simulator.

With crap tires it is best to tweak the LSD and brake controller so that you're able to shift the cars weight more effectively and regain traction when you need it on the corner's exit. Also tweaking the gear ratio for greater acceleration sometimes helps in those tight courses.

And as a personal observation, I find it easier to turn with sticky tires by leaving some momentum after braking and not using the gas or brake while in the turn at all.

Mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                          yea, i think thats part of my problem. in gt2 i would slam the car, and stiffen up everything... and the car would still handle well. now with this whole "realism" kick theyre on, it sucks. btw, what is tcs/asc? ive been out of the gaming for years. about 3 days ago was the first time ive played any gt other than 2.

is gt3 the same way, as far as handling goes?

i just wish they made forza for ps2. ive heard from a bunch of random people that game is more fun to play. and imo, fuck realism, i want something enjoyable. but i guess thats just my bad. the granturismo series isnt a "game"... its a driving simulator.
                          GT3 is close to it. Not as bad IMO. BTW...the fastest car in the game is no longer the Suzuki.

ASC and TCS are driving aids that flash like crazy. Go into you settings and turn them off. TCS is not bad, but ASC does more damage than good.

Also remember now that the gas is pressure sensitive...wait it think it always was. But you are going to need it much more now than you did in GT2.

The Blowoff valves are gone from the game. At least in GT3 they were inside the car. Now its just loud wastegates.

Its very involved but you need to really set up the handling on those cars to even stand a fighting chance.

Out of like 60 cars...I may have only stood there and really tuned 7 of them.

The best cars out the box IMO are....
                          Ford GT
                          Mazda RX-7
                          Mitsubishi EVO 8
                          Spoon Integra
                          Tommy Kaira ZZII (SKYLINE POWERED SUPERCAR)
                          And most F1 cars.

The worst...
                          Toyota Supra...all of them (too much tuning involved like Accrdkid said)
                          That Blitz 4 Door Skyline (wants to drift way too much)
                          The Carbon Fiber Tuner Skyline (just seems too slow for a Carbon Fiber Car)
                          Most Hondas that so not end with an -SX (no real beef, they are just underpowered)

Comment

well, first of all, i woud like to apologize for all the gt4 bashing ive done.

i still say this game is alot harder to control than the previous, but its it definetly doable.

i did a little messing around with settings, and i found that keeping asc/tcs, helps alot... not so much if you want to drift... cause those options will stop you from doing so. but if you want to hug corners and not slide straight off the track... keep them on. ive been using the spoon itr(over=3/under=20/tcs=3). i dont do any crazy drifts, but if i wanted to do that i would play nfsu or initial d. but when i have those settings, it feels pretty damn close to the gt2 handling that ive been used to. i also equiped the car with the fully adjustable suspension and i have the car slammed and stiffened allaround.

Comment

what you need to do IF you want to drift is find a rally track that has a paved section. dirt tires on pavement in GT4 is crazy. i use the impreza with stage 3 turbo i think it is. (the "super touring car" one)

anyone hook up the 3rd gen accord in GT4? i was about to but got lazy.
                              Last edited by minoreparations; 10-23-2005, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Drifting takes a while to master...I found that it helps you much especially when you are getting ready to take the license test. They turn off the aids in most of the test.

I find that full slamming makes the car drift more... .

Comment

Working...
                                X