No announcement yet.

GT4... sucks or unnecessarily real???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I have to say that I love GT4 the most out of all the other GTs, simply because it's the most realistic out of all the other ones....It's true tho, at first it was a bit hard to play this game....I even gave up on it for a little while....I found it hard to control a lot of the cars in this game...

But then luckily, after I ditched the game, I started getting into suspension work for my car, just doing research and things like that..What caused oversteer and understeer, different setups etc etc....

I started playing the game again last week, just to see if I can actually apply the knowledge that I've gained in the past 2 months or so about suspension tuning...I gotta say, the suspension setup really makes a difference in every car's characteristics....Right now, I can make ANY car to have the tendency to oversteer, understeer, or just to have a neutral handling, no matter if they're FWD, RWD, or 4WD...Even with the almighty 844hp Supra RZ (The car that I haven't touched since GT2), I actually managed to pull 0:48.6 seconds on Tsukuba circuit, using manual tranny, with only 5 mins of tuning the susp., brakes, gear ratio and LSD, without any driving aids or whatsoever

I don't know if this will help any of you guys, but I actually used both the analog controller for accel/decel and steering...It helps me a lot in this game 'coz with the analog, it's easier to control the sensitivity for both the accel and the steering...you guys should try it, it's fun

Anyways....Jus feel like giving my opinion....I can't wait 'til GT5 comes out...I wonder how that game would be like...hehehe

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
      anyone hook up the 3rd gen accord in GT4? i was about to but got lazy.
      I just tried it tonight...Believe it or not, this car is actually faster than my '00 Euro-R, Spoon DC2, aaand well, I don't know, haven't compared it to the other cars yet...I'm gonna tho, jus 'coz I'm curious about it...hahaha

The N/A 3rd gen has more torque than both the cars that I mentioned above...Picks up speed way faster, especially getting out of corners...I managed to pull 0:58.2s on Tsukuba, without driving aids...yes yes, as y'all can see, I use Tsukuba for most of my experiments....hehehe

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

ok sorry i was/still am a big GT fan. But after getting Forza Motorsports.... I must say it kills GT4. Not in graphics or detail but the game play and phys. I mean ok first off if you have a 500+hp vehicle when you stomp the gas in a corner you are going to kick the backend out. Forza does the GT does not. I can make tire marks in Forza...GT can not. I hit a wall i get damage in Forza...GT can not. I have reallistic mods, with realistic pricing in Forza...GT does not. Those are a few things that i like about Forza over GT and frankly those matter. Also the numbers are more realistic to. like in GT you have a 300 fwd whatever... it wont go past 14s. In Forza i have a h22a CRX with a turbo i am 0-60 in the low 4s with slicks. REALISTIC!!!!

But one of my biggest pet peeves of GT is the pricing. I spend 200K on a car and it runs 8s i get 10K for it.... i mean WTF . no one in the right mind video game or not would let an 8 sec. car go for 10K. In Forza you get money back on you investment. GT has, IMO, lost their focus. They are to worried about making the cars look real and jamming the game full of detail to be pretty that they lost the real point of the game. to make a realistic phys. game. Forza is making a modern up-to-date game with current trends and reallistic settings (money, phys., damage, etc.)

So

GT4 - 0
        Forza - 1

Comment

ACS= ANTI SKID CONTROL. If the car begins to slide, this interupts and prevents the car from doing so, just like on the real cars.

GT3 is about 1/2 way between 2 and 4 as far as driving physics go. It requires definite adjustment.

The physics engine on GT4 is much more complex than the previous 3. As far as driving it goes, it is much more realistic than the previous 3 in that at faster speeds, less input = more output, so you have to learn to be much smoother on the controls, just like a real car. Also, while drifting through turns is fun, it is NOT the quickest way from A to B. You end up scrubbing a lot of speed if you drift through a turn, just like a real car. You also have to be very aware of the weight bias of your car.

It is much more difficult to set a car up properly, and you can't just template settings like you could before. Not all FF or AWD or FR cars respond the same to the same general settings. You have to actually set them up individually and spend time doing it. It separates the men from the boys, just like in real life. I so far have not had any trouble setting up any of the cars as far as handling is concerned, with FF you just have to go crazy stiff on the rear suspension, and that will help most of it. I have many that will actually try to tail slide through a corner if you do it right. Under huge amounts of power at high speeds, they are going to understeer a bit, physics (real and game) dictate it. Again, just like the real thing. I also like the FR physics much better, because they gradually lose rear end traction instead of just spinning around.

The aerodynamic effects are somewhat more realistic too. A car that might be nice and stable aerodynamically at 160 may not be at 175, which is also realistic. At a certain speed, the car just starts to be unstable. I have an NSX that doesn't want to go faster than 175, unless it is really straight. Even then you have to be careful. Below 150 though, it is stupid fast on a track.

I do wish they had crash damage. If you hit a wall, you are done racing, that kind of thing. Just like the real thing.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I let my bitch I mean my computer do all the work in B spec.
            "form follows function."
            Louis Sullivan

Comment

Forza sounds >>>>>>>GT...I might get Xbox just for that...

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

[QUOTE=DrLove'sKuDang]well ive been playing it recently, and it is nothing like gt2. as far as control, there isnt any. going into any random turn, the car will angle itself like its going around the turn... then itll just slide right off the track, almost religiously.

try taking off the whatcha ma call it thing that helps your car ? traction control and get some more negative camber
                Euro R - 97 prelude

:0 dyno' results

JUN ECU - 174HP 143TQ stock

Totoro squad # 3

Comment

Wow, I think i want Forza. Yeah all my Hondas are slow. The fastest one is MY TSX at 13 flat. Thats with 400+hp... . Weak sauce...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    Wow, I think i want Forza. Yeah all my Hondas are slow. The fastest one is MY TSX at 13 flat. Thats with 400+hp... . Weak sauce...
                    yea, I have a turbo h22 CRX in forza thats deep into the 9's in forza . . . i think. its better in the engine swap aspect, by far . . . but, i still love GT4.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                    X