Post Counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Counts

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I did a search and didn't find anything.

Have post counts been disabled or is there some kind of problem? I've noticed that mine has been at 702 for weeks.

"the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

post have been getting deleted a lot and ur posting doesnt add to ur count in off topic

Comment

When was the off topic thing started?

Thanks for letting me know.
      "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

like last week, adam had a thread on it

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=32078

i want to disable them in general. some people are more worried about post count than they are helping other people.

when florida street scene was up, there was no post count and no one really cared.
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I figured it had to do with post whoring.

Comment

why would post count matter anyways?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

florida street scene?? what you mean by that? wheres the racing on the weekends in south florida?!!

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
                .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
                .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                  I figured it had to do with post whoring.
                  can someone tell me what a post whore is i see it all the time in threads

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                    can someone tell me what a post whore is i see it all the time in threads
                    someone who posts irrelevant shit and never contribute to anything. things like "yeah" or just stupid posts... they will whore themselves to any thread to help either get their post count up, or to get to be better known... or they just dont know anything about cars and all they can do is linger in off topic posting worthless stuff...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i never look at my post count. who cares, it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

I like having the highest count, but I don't TRY to bump it up... and I don't think it makes me smarter than anyone on here. Hell, some of the most knowledgable people on here have the lowest counts!

Having it disabled in OT is cool though. That's where most whoring takes place anyway. You don't usually get a reply with " 0wnz0r3d! " in the tech forums! Plus whoring in OT is a fine line... whoring in the other forums is clear. When you're not on topic, and not carrying on a worthwhile discussion (even if it DOES venture off topic a little) then it's whoring.

If I make a thread in OT about how my dog crapped on the rug right in front of me the other night, any reply to that could be considered whoring... or just participating in the worthless (but allowable OT material) conversation!

Comment

jesus someone doesnt know what post whoring is?
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                            jesus someone doesnt know what post whoring is?
                            OMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              I like having the highest count, but I don't TRY to bump it up... and I don't think it makes me smarter than anyone on here. Hell, some of the most knowledgable people on here have the lowest counts!

Having it disabled in OT is cool though. That's where most whoring takes place anyway. You don't usually get a reply with " 0wnz0r3d! " in the tech forums! Plus whoring in OT is a fine line... whoring in the other forums is clear. When you're not on topic, and not carrying on a worthwhile discussion (even if it DOES venture off topic a little) then it's whoring.

If I make a thread in OT about how my dog crapped on the rug right in front of me the other night, any reply to that could be considered whoring... or just participating in the worthless (but allowable OT material) conversation!
                              well...the word "moderator" would make sense
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X