X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when two cartoon power-houses collide

I dont think this is a repost..but it could be

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

i may be misinterpreting your title but to my knowledge both the simspons and family guy were created by matt groening but u may be sugesting the whole mad tv/matt groening thing ehhh either way i got a good chuckle when i saw thig mag at a wawa near me both shows are awesome

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Family guy was created by Seth MacFarlane...

Comment

how freakin funny could that show be?? only the two greatest animated series ever..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          Family guy was created by Seth MacFarlane...
          Exactly..Matt Groening has nothing on Seth MacFarlane. And since MacFarlane has local ties to the New England area (especially Rhode Island and Southeastern Mass) I think its even great he points out local landmarks
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
            Exactly..Matt Groening has nothing on Seth MacFarlane. And since MacFarlane has local ties to the New England area (especially Rhode Island and Southeastern Mass) I think its even great he points out local landmarks
            so true. its so funny to hear them talk about places that are like right down the streat. like jakes joke shop

Comment

isnt quaohog(sp?) a real place?
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                isnt quaohog(sp?) a real place?
                I dont think so

Originally posted by Accord R33
                so true. its so funny to hear them talk about places that are like right down the streat. like jakes joke shop
                lol I think Pawtucket does have an actual brewery as well
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  I dont think so
                  just checked . . . not a real place . . . oh well
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

no, its not a real town. but going by clues in the show, it would "theoreticly" be somewhere between N. Attleboro mass, and Pawtucket RI. which is like 20 min from me

Comment

family guys fucking hilarious...but ill always love simpsons bc i grew up watching it...nothing can replace something youve loved since being a kid

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

I think you're thinking about Futurama, Sean. Groening did that... and like Family Guy, it's more successful in the afterlife than it was during it's active run!

But yeah, FG packs more funny into each episode than the Simpsons does, but the Simpsons are classic. The town, the people, the events... it all comes together. Those who grew up with them (it started when I was 10, so I was Bart's age ) have that sense of familiarity. Simpsons episodes are funny by themselves, but they get funnier when references to obscure Springfield people/events are understood.

People are always comparing the two shows... mainly because of the fact that they are probably the two most impactful prime-time animated shows since the Flintstones. They really don't compare, however. Family Guy is big on shock value and off-the-wall funny. The Simpsons has progressed to the point that their humor is deeply rooted in character development.

The only comparison that I can make is that the Family Guy is to today's audience what the Simpsons was to the audience of 1990. The Simpsons isn't edgy anymore. The humor that was once shocking is now commonplace. Family Guy humor never would have made it to the screen in 1990!

Comment

Working...
                        X