WORST oil leak ever ... F22A death :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WORST oil leak ever ... F22A death :(

so i'm putting this here in OT because i don't have a problem or advice - just a rant...

I went to change my oil yesterday - a little early, but i've noticed im losing more oil than usual so i thought id take care of her and give her a look - and check out some of the normal problem spots under my car ... mainly my drivetrain; to see if anything has gotten worse than it was when i bought it - THIS i expected to see:

it's amazing my car goes at all with THAT wear - but right now we have no choice and i've been babying her so she doesn't blow up on me... but ANYWAY, like i said i expected to see a rotted-ass-road-salt-death-shot-to-shit-fuck-pennsylvania-potholes suspension. what i DIDNT expect to see was this...

my oil pain seems to be rotting through PLUS it appears my rear main seal finally gave up on me ... i've lost a little over 2 quarts in a matter of a couple weeks - yes she still runs, but i can't keep feeding her oil - i mean i can, but seriously... and theres no point in doing the work twice to change that seal and then drop in a new engine a couple months later ... its gonna be feeding her oil until we get the the other car fixed from the breakin and then it looks like it will be emergency swap time for me

bittersweet, i've been aching to drop in the f22b, but i was hoping to build it up first - i guess i can say im fortunate that is my only major issue - but its still a BIG p.i.t.a. and it just generally makes me sad to see my baby hurting so bad

thats my rant - yeah. thanks for giving me the time to get it out
    Last edited by i'm the girl; 10-09-2005, 11:10 PM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    celebrate her life, don't mourn her death
    i keep patting her on the dashboard and saying "soon baby, soon"

Comment

put some thicker oil on there. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by luvmyGen4
        it just generally makes me sad to see my baby hurting so bad
        Boy do I know that feeling
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Looks like the oil all over the tranny is most likely from a leaky distributor.

Change your dizzy housing, replace the oil pan, oil pan gasket, valve cover seals, and put a retainer clip on your balance shaft seal, and make sure its not your tranny casing leaking...

...or just keep adding oil until you put a new motor in.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
            Looks like the oil all over the tranny is most likely from a leaky distributor.

Change your dizzy housing, replace the oil pan, oil pan gasket, valve cover seals, and put a retainer clip on your balance shaft seal, and make sure its not your tranny casing leaking...

...or just keep adding oil until you put a new motor in.
            if you look from the top - theres no oil until the tranny - which is why we believe rear main - no leaks at the dizzy or otherwise - plus its not a small drip or minor seepage...

valve cover seals and all that are 500 miles new and the others ill replace when i pull the engine to clean and sell it - the whole thing runs beautifully, its just these seals that aren't worth the time to replace whil installed considering i have a new engine- right now its just "add lots of oil" until i get the new engine in -

i just cant bring this car over for the swap until we finish his car so we have something to drive...
            ... such a hassle, but i know it will be worth it in the end, i hope, im just disappointed b/c ill have to build the f22b while installed and not before i drop it in, which was my plan

Comment

Did you guys ever fix the newer accord you had?.... is that the one that got broken into? why not drive that one untill you can build up your F22B?
              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

damn fix the oil pan gasket. That may be a start. Yeah i hate potholes winters comming = more

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  damn fix the oil pan gasket. That may be a start. Yeah i hate potholes winters comming = more

I've always read that the oil pan gasket is a PIA to replace. You have to remove the exhaust or something?

Comment

Yay for emergency swaps! I dropped my motor/tranny in about a month and a half earlier than planned (which means I had to hit mom up for a loan...) My F22 tranny decided to snack on it's second gear synchros, and it was beginning to work on the gears themselves. Rather than fix the trans, I just dropped in the full H swap.

How close are you to being able to build the new motor, Cass? Is it still a long way off? You could always pick up a cheapie F22 from somewhere and run that for the time being... Probably sell it for what you paid when you have the DOHC built...

Or just drop in the new motor and enjoy it... then yank it when you want to build

Comment

Everything'll be alright Cass and i'll help as best i can through it all. Technically i still think you should get your ass down there and just fix it cause its only a $7 seal. It'll just take a couple hours.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by Tone-us
                        Did you guys ever fix the newer accord you had?.... is that the one that got broken into? why not drive that one untill you can build up your F22B?
                        well i just got the money for that in the past 2 weeks

and then he lost the keys to the car.... so theres something else i get to hurry up and wait for

Comment

Well I think you didnt tighten up the oil filter enough tighten it with your hands only not with any tools or the oilfilter tool to take it off never tighten it with that. I think its comin from the filter the way its drippin on the driveaxle side. Was it like this when you first did the oil ry to spray some degrease or brake cleaner on it to pinpoint. Youve been driving for awhile you wont really be able to spot the leak like that if youve driven on it due to the air and oil travels yaknow. Hit us back

Comment

Working...
                          X